Party Liquor Posse
Last night did the Borla Stingers on my Bassani X. I couldn't be happier-Shane

th_BorlaInstall.gif

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
sloopjonb said:
Go for the Steeda setup. Plenty loud at WOT, drone has been tuned out, much bigger tips than stock but subtle, nice low sound when cruising, quiet at idle, fit perfectly, finished nicely. The sound is fantastic. I get many compliments, and no complaints. They get the point across without waking the dead.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The STEEDA is one of the most badass sleeper cat-bacs of them all. Why not go with a sleeper system to compliment the sleeper COBRA. :-D

Blacknblue

SVT G-Force Tester
Established Member
Stock H-Pipes

Just back from the Bullitt Nationals in San Francisco where Scott Hoag ( the designer of the Bullitt and the 03 Mach 1) signed my wife's Bullitt. According to Scott, the H-pipes give a deeper, more muscle car sound than the x-pipes do.

Jazzo

Established Member
Does mac drone more or less than flows. And how much quieter is it than SLP LM1's? anybody know

Lances03GT

Has a Cobra now
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The STEEDA is one of the most badass sleeper cat-bacs of them all. Why not go with a sleeper system to compliment the sleeper COBRA. :-D

The Steeda is Borla with Steeda stamped on it.Not the Stinger's but just the regular Borla muff's.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I have the SLP loudmouth with the stock H-pipe and it is friggin awesome!!!! Much better than the Magnaflow! Very deep and aggressive!

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I just got my M55 bolted on today. Man this thing is sweet. It has a very nice rumble to it with very little drone. This is what a mustang should sound like stock.

Blacknblue

SVT G-Force Tester
Established Member
No quieter Borla's on the poll? I just installed mine last week. Great sound (not overly loud), definitely more power, and 20% better gas mileage. The gas mileage alone justifies the cost.

LUV2REV

Established Member
Blacknblue said:
No quieter Borla's on the poll? I just installed mine last week. Great sound (not overly loud), definitely more power, and 20% better gas mileage. The gas mileage alone justifies the cost.
What is the quieter Borla (Steeda ?) and where did you get it ?

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
LUV2REV said:
What is the quieter Borla (Steeda ?) and where did you get it ?

Borla 14858 kit. It has the same pipes as the Stingers, but uses the Borla oval mufflers. They are quieter, but still sound great. The Steeda CB is basically the Borla 14858 with 3.5" tips with the Steeda logo.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...04-cobra-stainless-steel-cat-back-system.html

as compared to:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...stainless-steel-cat-back-system-stingers.html

I have a Borla 14858 CB going on my car Wednesday. I can hardly wait :)

Last edited:

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
in my opinion the best catback using the stock h-pipe is my setup. its all three inch madrel bent piping with no mufflers from the h-pipe back ill try to post a vid if i get time

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Well, the Borla 14858 CB is now on the car, and it is awesome :) Now I need to select the catted mid-pipe to compliment it :) I highly recommend the Borla 14858 too anyone that wants a strong, muscular sounding exhaust note, but does not like it to be too loud (i.e. Stingers, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread