behemoth intakes! for kenne bell and whipple. brand new!

69clark

Established Member
Cool deal here and nice to see Patch step up on this. Unfortunately with these things it seems to always be the buyers slowing down the process, and not stepping up to the plate. Hopefully that doesn't happen here but it looks like it may.

Nice work guys, I'll keep a watch here.

And just so it is clear, I'm not interested in this, I am building my own, but this is definately a cool little find.

Last edited:

Wicked Fairlane

Established Member
You're more than welcome to whore this out on any forum you choose, so long as I have a total of 5-6 or 11-12 + buyers for the tiered price breaks.

Just to be clear, they are available in both KB and Whipple. Twin 75mm and wide oval TB. Of course the perfect compliment to the inlet is the 5" CAI.

Berry Motorsports

Last edited:

cobra187

"If you ain't first, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Established Member
Refresh my memory, but don't you have to make some changes to your setup to make this work i.e. get a bigger throttle body, CAI, etc.? I'm trying to figure out the total price here. Not just the intake itself. I know I could cut my JLT High Boost CAI to make it work properly. Can someone chime in with a list of what exactly is needed or recommended parts to install this beast. I really want one. I almost bought a used MPH intake last year, but purchased my Kooks LT's instead. Definitely a nice piece and it would go well with my new setup.

fasterthanyou

Established Member
Phillip, I will commit as long as we meet the $1100 goal. Is the natural finish able to be polished? And i will have to decide on the throttle body when this does move forward. Anybody got the flow #'s for the accufab tb? Is a dragon tb an option? And you spoke of a 5" inlet, do you offer those too?

Eddie

Last edited:

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Im interested as well, but would like to know what else needs to be changed to make this fit? As in will I be hacking up my new JLT high boost intake to make it fit and what not? And also curious on the price on your fuel hat? Thanks and looks like you guys build some high caliber parts! Looks good man and glad to see guys like you out there doing things like this!

rudycobra

Established Member
This requires a 99-04 mustang gt iac valve with a hose running from it to the intake tube to help with idle . It also is not on the same angle as stock so it requires a little cutting on the rubber hub of the Jlt intake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venmizd

Established Member
So, I'm just wondering if everyone that is interested has expressed that on here or by calling Patch? Please do one or the other by tomorrow! I'd really like to get my started this week and get it on the car! Everyone chime in please!!! Thanks

Wicked Fairlane

Established Member
Refresh my memory, but don't you have to make some changes to your setup to make this work i.e. get a bigger throttle body, CAI, etc.? I'm trying to figure out the total price here. Not just the intake itself. I know I could cut my JLT High Boost CAI to make it work properly. Can someone chime in with a list of what exactly is needed or recommended parts to install this beast. I really want one. I almost bought a used MPH intake last year, but purchased my Kooks LT's instead. Definitely a nice piece and it would go well with my new setup.

For all intents and purposes, I'm not a late model guy nor do I know everything about EFI, especially Mass Air EFI. Today I am going to call and ask my friend Bart Tobener what all it takes to change over to a Behemoth inlet and then post up here.

Phillip, I will commit as long as we meet the $1100 goal. Is the natural finish able to be polished? And i will have to decide on the throttle body when this does move forward. Anybody got the flow #'s for the accufab tb? Is a dragon tb an option? And you spoke of a 5" inlet, do you offer those too?

Eddie

The second tier pricing, well, that's up to you folks. I'm not on commission nor am I getting anything out of this deal. I'm simply trying to offer a good discount to as many people that want to take advantage of it. Want the higher discount? Tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend.

As far as the aluminum being polished? It's 6061 T6 aluminum. It polishes beautifully. I made some one off billet center caps for a friends '57 Olds 98 from the same 6061 T6 material, had it polished and it came out to a mirror finish.

Accufab Flow #'s are on their site. The wide oval will flow in the 1600 CFM range. Accufab's will fit the Behemoth inlet but I'm not sure who all makes TB's besides Accufab and BBK. The 5" inlet we do offer and I believe I put a link to the page in my last post.

Wicked Fairlane

Established Member
How long is the turn around once ordered Phillip

Eddie

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 1.5 - 2.5 weeks after orders are taken. Right now we are in a low production period with our Poultry equipment, so right now is the best time to get these done. When the Poultry business picks back up, we're usually ass and elbows for up to 8-9 months trying to get the jobs done. By 'ass & elbows' I mean 14 hr days, 6 days a week.

I've had a couple people call today and I plan on posting ALL the information that is required to put these parts on. I'm going to try to get the answers to the TB, MAF style, vacuum lines, etc answered in a post in the morning. That way everyone is clear on what is going on and hopefully the next question is "What am I going to have to do to get one of these?"

So far I know I have 3 certified buyers...and they know who they are. What are the rest of you waiting on? :dw:

Wicked Fairlane

Established Member
Well I just got a phone call back and Mitch had told me it had been almost 3 years since he had to do any aftermarket inlets but this is what I was told.

For one, you'll have to remove the supercharger to install the inlet. You may have to trim the pinch weld on the firewall for clearance. You may have to extend the IAC and TPS wiring because it was told to me that the wires for those sensors were tight from the factory and that the sensors may have moved a small amount. That pretty much covers it for if you just get the Behemoth inlet. everything from the filter to the TB should not change. 'Should' being the operative word here. If you happen to get the 5" CAI that we offer, it uses a slot style MAF from the '05-'09 cars. As far as what TB's fit, the two offerings are for a Wide Oval and the Twin 75MM. I know the Accufab '03-'04 Cobra wide oval fits and the Accufab Twin 75mm fits. I'm sure any other TB will fit so long as they will fit a factory '03-'04 Cobra inlet.

Hopefully that answer most every question anyone would have.

RedBull50

Established Member
I am torn between the intake or upgrading My KB since I have the older 1.7 pushing 12psi

But I don’t know if i can justify the cost plus the $500+ for the TB.

Would the move from a 1.7 to 2.1 or the intake upgrade net me better results.

Assuming the sick as F@# intake would work on the 1.7

Edit* did not want to hijack.

Last edited:

venmizd

Established Member
Seriously!!! We cant get more people to commit than this??? I thought for sure we would have 10 people easy!!! These things have so much intrest when they come up used!! And the people selling them usually ask more than this for the used ones. I think most everything has been answered! If you can afford one of these go ahead and commit! Doesnt mean youll have to pay today. It may be a few weeks before the money is needed! Patch is doing us a great favor by coming on here! Lets get him started on a run of these before he is too busy! If some of you guys are on other mustang websites please start a new thread and send others to look at this thread!!! Hurry up guys i am ready to purchase!

cobra187

"If you ain't first, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Established Member
It sounds like a simple install to me. I'm in just need to save a little money. This should be an awesome upgrade. I want mine in black.

Users who are viewing this thread