behemoth intakes! for kenne bell and whipple. brand new!

Wicked Fairlane

Established Member
Not to cut anyone short or whatever but I have some people chomping at the bit to do some upgrading. So as of next Wednesday/Thursday, I plan on taking deposits so we can get those that are ready to go, out the door. I'm going to have a run of these made and those that are going to pull the trigger, I'll help you folks out to the best of my ability. The ones that aren't sold will be available at the regular price.

venmizd

Established Member
SWEET! Good to hear you get to go ahead and start a run! I hope a lot more guys jump in and call you and set something up with ya! Can't wait to get this beast on my car!

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
As much as I would really like to pull the trigger on one of these its hard to just decide outta nowhere to spend that kinda coin. My biggest thing though is I have been searching for awhile but have never seen any actual gains with going with ths intake. Sure you would think it would but I have not seen any stock intake vs behemoth intake dyno results unless you guys have some solid dyno sheets. Sorry not trying to knock it just like to get a fair amount of research on something like this before spending this kinda money.

venmizd

Established Member
Call kenne bell and ask them how much you would pick up going with the mammoth kit instead of what you are running now. They will tell you very quickly that at the same boost their intake makes way more power! Thats why they came out w the mammoth! The behemoth intake flows 1800cfm just like the mammoth! Right before MPH, who sold the behemoth, closed down I was at their shop getting my car dynoed and they had a terminator there. Not sure what all was done to it but it had a behemoth on it and if I remember correctly they said it made 60 more hp at the same boost compared to stock kb intake. Yeah it's a lil bit of money but it looks 100% better and flows 1800cfm to a puney 1000cfm for stock kb... Hope this helps out!!!

fasterthanyou

Established Member
Not to cut anyone short or whatever but I have some people chomping at the bit to do some upgrading. So as of next Wednesday/Thursday, I plan on taking deposits so we can get those that are ready to go, out the door. I'm going to have a run of these made and those that are going to pull the trigger, I'll help you folks out to the best of my ability. The ones that aren't sold will be available at the regular price.

So call you next wed? I want to be first in line as I only have until the end of June before I have to be ready for tuning if at all possible.

Eddie

And PS, I want one for the accufab oval. Credit card ready.

And for those that are wondering about gains and what not, this isn't a huge gain part unless you need the extra CFM. I'm running my 2.8 at max rpms and the stock is a huge restriction which lowers boost and almost more importantly raises inlet temps. Do the math, if your only pulling 1000 cfm, you won't see any gains other than it looks way better and hides the IAC so it isn't all up in your face like the stock piece. I'm pulling more in the 1500 to 1600 range. You see the benefit.

venmizd

Established Member
Good info fasterthanyou. I'm in the same boat. My motor is a 302 stroker w ported heads, cams, full exhaust and a very restrictive 2.8kb stock inlet making 17lbs of boost. With this inlet and a few other upgrades I will do a new 93 tune and also a e85 tune as well with the boost turned up. I would've bought the mammoth kit a long time ago if kb would've ever just sold me the intake part. They won't! Believe me I've begged mike at kb a number of times over the years and always got a very polite no!

rudycobra

Established Member
I have the behemoth and do love it but it does angle the intake on a Lil bit diff angle than stock . I had to modify my Jlt to fit. Are they all like this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fasterthanyou

Established Member
KB was gonna do a retro fit to my blower with a mammoth for a price but I just couldnt talk myself into it. And with the mammoth, it's not just the inlet, you have to change the lower plate also as it moves the location of the bypass....

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Well my 2.2 at 21-22 psi on E85 and 20* made numbers in my sig but im running outta fuel on the top end around 5800(starts to get kinda lean even for E), so im not sure if the 2.2 will flow enough CFM to make this beneficial. The E seems to burn quite cold and thinking of going with a KC. Just look for info here guys not trying to start a fight or anything, and I think the more solid info/benefits you can find and have posted the more people you will get in on this deal.

Wicked Fairlane

Established Member
As much as I would really like to pull the trigger on one of these its hard to just decide outta nowhere to spend that kinda coin. My biggest thing though is I have been searching for awhile but have never seen any actual gains with going with ths intake. Sure you would think it would but I have not seen any stock intake vs behemoth intake dyno results unless you guys have some solid dyno sheets. Sorry not trying to knock it just like to get a fair amount of research on something like this before spending this kinda money.

Bro, I wouldn't want you to spend your money on something that you didn't think was well justified. The biggest advantage with the Behemoth, of course, is to take advantage of the benefits of reducing inlet temps and getting the most available CFM BEFORE the blower. To get the most out of the engine, that's dependant on everything AFTER the blower. If you have cams, ported heads, exhaust, etc. in place and have a stock inlet...well, that's just silly.

As far as real world data, I'm sure someone, somewhere in the world has done it, just not that many people know about it or it's not easily accessed information. So for me to say what kind of gains you will make would be a complete lie ... because I don't know. I can tell you if you have a TB capable of flowing 1600+ CFM bolted to an inlet that rated at 1000 CFM, you just spent that $400 or so for nothing. I hope this has been helpful whether you purchase an inlet or not.

So call you next wed? I want to be first in line as I only have until the end of June before I have to be ready for tuning if at all possible.

Eddie

And PS, I want one for the accufab oval. Credit card ready.

And for those that are wondering about gains and what not, this isn't a huge gain part unless you need the extra CFM. I'm running my 2.8 at max rpms and the stock is a huge restriction which lowers boost and almost more importantly raises inlet temps. Do the math, if your only pulling 1000 cfm, you won't see any gains other than it looks way better and hides the IAC so it isn't all up in your face like the stock piece. I'm pulling more in the 1500 to 1600 range. You see the benefit.

Call me whenever you want just don't call me Shirley. On a serious note, I'll tell you like I tell these college women at the bars on a Saturday night... "You need to let that puppy breathe". You'll notice the exhaust note through the headers would be a lil louder.

Call kenne bell and ask them how much you would pick up going with the mammoth kit instead of what you are running now. They will tell you very quickly that at the same boost their intake makes way more power! Thats why they came out w the mammoth! The behemoth intake flows 1800cfm just like the mammoth! Right before MPH, who sold the behemoth, closed down I was at their shop getting my car dynoed and they had a terminator there. Not sure what all was done to it but it had a behemoth on it and if I remember correctly they said it made 60 more hp at the same boost compared to stock kb intake. Yeah it's a lil bit of money but it looks 100% better and flows 1800cfm to a puney 1000cfm for stock kb... Hope this helps out!!!

If you already have all those mods, this should be the last thing you need under the hood.

I have the behemoth and do love it but it does angle the intake on a Lil bit diff angle than stock . I had to modify my Jlt to fit. Are they all like this ?

The blower has to come off anyway. I'm sure in one afternoon, if folks can R&R a blower kit, the can surely make adjustment to a CAI. I have faith in the People.

Well my 2.2 at 21-22 psi on E85 and 20* made numbers in my sig but im running outta fuel on the top end around 5800(starts to get kinda lean even for E), so im not sure if the 2.2 will flow enough CFM to make this beneficial. The E seems to burn quite cold and thinking of going with a KC. Just look for info here guys not trying to start a fight or anything, and I think the more solid info/benefits you can find and have posted the more people you will get in on this deal.

Call me blind, but I don't see any numbers...or a sig line.

And you're right...not everyone's combo will take advantage of this. I believe the 2.2L flows just a tad over 1000 CFM, maxed out. So I wouldn't expect anyone to buy something they don't need. Now if you want to for looks and just to show off, people are more than welcome to purchase it for whatever reason they want to. I've said before, I'm not on commission and I get nothing out of this deal, it's solely in place to help out as many people that can take advantage of it.

Will a 2.4 benefit from it ?

Without knowing how much you have done, or plan to do... I can't give you an answer without thinking that I may misinform you. I know years ago, I remember someone out in Cali making 700hp with a 2.4L. The 2.4 was the biggest thing they had back 10-12 years ago. Of course they had all the bells and whistles on that engine as well, ported heads, cams, exhaust and 20psi or so. I would expect someone with a stock engine who plans on keeping it stock, I would say no. Otherwise, it will benefit but I couldn't tell you what extent it would but it'll surely support whatever hardware you throw in the engine.

This might piss off one or two folks but I'm going let everyone decide what to do. Hopefully we start cutting in or around the 17th of June. Until this morning I completely forget that I'm not going to be in the office NEXT Thursday or Friday, I'll be at the NMRA Norwalk, Ohio races. So Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week, those that are ready to go, call me and we'll get everything taken care of.

One last thing, if you're looking to compare what others are making that have same/similar setups like yours. Do yourself a favor and don't compare to a magazine car.

Whew! I need a beer after that.

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
Wicked Fairlane, thanks for providing very fair and helpful responses. The time you have spent trying to educate and help people is MUCH appreciated. --I'm all-in for the entire setup ahead of the TB, in black, just like Todd's setup! :)

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Sorry man its on my original post but 660 hp and 670 tq. Been looking for a CFM rating on the 2.2 or at least how to figure it out and apparently thats another thing that is just way smarter then I! HA anyways thanks for all the input man! If anyone knows where I can find the CFM ratings or how to compute it please let me know! Thanks!

rudycobra

Established Member
Sorry man its on my original post but 660 hp and 670 tq. Been looking for a CFM rating on the 2.2 or at least how to figure it out and apparently thats another thing that is just way smarter then I! HA anyways thanks for all the input man! If anyone knows where I can find the CFM ratings or how to compute it please let me know! Thanks!

Yeah that's alot ! I made 690 on race fuel with 2.8 behemoth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Thanks guys. Hoping we can hit a bit more yet once I go return, on my stock hat with twin GT's, -8 feed, 80s', and stock rails im running outta fuel, so going return with twin GT's and hopefully itll be enough if not ill go with the 405s'. Ill def keep you in mind Patch and wont mind paying the extra if I dont get in on time for an inlet. Maybe a guy can break 700 with a 2.2 gen 1 with no nitrous! Those numbers are on a dyno dynamics which ive been told reads low but oh well im def pumped about the numbers as is out of a little blower!

rudycobra

Established Member
Thanks guys. Hoping we can hit a bit more yet once I go return, on my stock hat with twin GT's, -8 feed, 80s', and stock rails im running outta fuel, so going return with twin GT's and hopefully itll be enough if not ill go with the 405s'. Ill def keep you in mind Patch and wont mind paying the extra if I dont get in on time for an inlet. Maybe a guy can break 700 with a 2.2 gen 1 with no nitrous! Those numbers are on a dyno dynamics which ive been told reads low but oh well im def pumped about the numbers as is out of a little blower!

Any time slips yet ?

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
No time slips yet. Not the best driver in the world and the car needs some suspension work. Only has H&S springs with a billetflow IRS brace other then that the rear is stock. Went through and did the T-56 with a 26 spline input and a 31 spline output, stock gearing though! Big mistake shoulda changed gearing too! But hopefully once things get sorted out Ill be able to find a track around here in BFE ND that has descent track prep!

martinberdine

Docs03
Established Member
So this will fit the Kenne Bell 2.8H with no issues on 03 Cobra? And use the Accufab TB? Or Can you use the Big ass TB that Kenne Bell sells for their Mammoth?

Users who are viewing this thread