Bdubbs twin disc clutch swap thread:

04torchred

Established Member
Buy this and you will thank me for reaching the trans to bellhousing bolts. I have had one of these for quite a while and makes removing the trans much easier. Its 1/2" on the one end to get into 1/2" ratchet or impact and 3/8" locking on the other end so its small and you don't need to run a universal. Not very expensive either.

IMSFXL33 - 3/8" Drive 33" Locking Impact Extension Adaptor (Blue-Point®)

I just have the cheap red and white harbor freight trans jack. 9/10 times I end up just using a floor jack and wood with a second person helping me though.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Buy this and you will thank me for reaching the trans to bellhousing bolts. I have had one of these for quite a while and makes removing the trans much easier. Its 1/2" on the one end to get into 1/2" ratchet or impact and 3/8" locking on the other end so its small and you don't need to run a universal. Not very expensive either.

IMSFXL33 - 3/8" Drive 33" Locking Impact Extension Adaptor (Blue-Point®)

I just have the cheap red and white harbor freight trans jack. 9/10 times I end up just using a floor jack and wood with a second person helping me though.
That extension will save a lot of time and headaches. I like the locking feature, instead of impacting and have it fly off.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That extension will save a lot of time and headaches. I like the locking feature, instead of impacting and have it fly off.

IMSFXL33 - 3/8" Drive 33" Locking Impact Extension Adaptor (Blue-Point)

I wonder if this one would work?
http://www.gearwrench.com/impact-pr...8n-3-8-drive-impact-locking-extension-33.html

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey guys, I've never replaced the factory clutch cable. I'm assuming I need to remove this plastic housing and maybe rubber bushing?

IMG_20181001_165119729_zpseeeceaol.jpg

IMG_20181001_165000477_zps0tqtlql5.jpg

IMG_20181001_165130759_zpsi0mfv06x.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
Either that or reinstall the stock quadrant and never adjust the clutch again.

cj428mach

Established Member
Hmm. Haven't heard many people going back to the stock quadrant.

I didn't go back to the stock quadrant, I stayed stock quadrant. I never have to adjust the pedal as its constantly adjusted automatically, plus with the DYAD having a lighter pedal effort the stress on the stock parts is reduced.

Zemedici

Established Member
Stock quadrant Brady, as CJ said. You’ll thank us when you don’t have to **** with it lololol

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
Couple things I’ve learned from doing this twice.

Extensions and wobble extensions/universals are your friend. I tape the starter bolts to the socket going back together with painters tape Easier to start forward of the K member. Ford put 3 there for a reason IMO.

Top bolts on bell housing/trans to bell housing deleting on how you remove - you can pull down on tail of trans to gain acesss.

Pry bar resting on bell housing bolts can be used to keep flywheel from turning if your removing or installing.

Fluid - I have carbon Kevlar synchros so I run Castrol Transmax Dexron VI

Transmission Jack - the harbor freight unit is a game changer. I did this twice without one doing the bench press method and it sucks.

Pilot bearing - FRPP makes a nice one and rented a tool from Oreillys

Throwout bearing - FRPP.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I started on saturday, finished on sunday. And I am still sore today. lol
I did it by myself though.

I have been eyeing that trans jack for a minute at HBF. I will sub for your opinion on it.
I'm gonna need to pick 1 up. I benched the t-56 out(130lbs) but the 6r80 with the convertor is like 210lbs.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I started on saturday, finished on sunday. And I am still sore today. lol
I did it by myself though.

I have been eyeing that trans jack for a minute at HBF. I will sub for your opinion on it.
I'm gonna need to pick 1 up. I benched the t-56 out(130lbs) but the 6r80 with the convertor is like 210lbs.
Awesome. I couldn't pass up on the jack. It was on sale for 120. I'll be working on it for a few hours today.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well the driveshaft bolts are kicking my ass. A little 12 pt wrench and I have no leverage. Might have to jack car up even more.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Well the driveshaft bolts are kicking my ass. A little 12 pt wrench and I have no leverage. Might have to jack car up even more.

Put the boxed end of another wrench on the open end of your wrench you have on the bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread