Bbq accident leads to amputation.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Once again thanks for all of the well wishes. Coals were on my right foot for so Long because they stuck to the skin. Instead of wearing flip-flops I should have been wearing closed toe sneakers. I would never sue someone over this, it was an accident, plain and simple. Everyone involved already feels bad. America has become too litigeous IMO. Life sucks, and it's not always fair. Money won't bring my feeg back, I can still earn a living, so I will deal with this.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Wishing you the best. Hope a miracle comes your way.. Sounds like you need one

Too bad you didn't get their info. I would sue the parents if at all possible. This **** happens because parents let it happen. I've been ran into, tripped, and almost knocked into the ground because of parents letting their kids do whatever they want. I used to think it was only dangerous for the old people and handicapped people, but your situation is just as bad.

Will be praying for ya, man. Hope you get better soon and get to keep your foot.

:nono: YOU are part of the problem

Adiabatik

Banned
Yet another reason why I will never wear sandals.

I've had similar burns (didn't lead to amputation) to my right hand and I know how much the rehab sucks. Your toes aside, you're in for a painful and frustrating road to rehabilitation. Burns are the worst injuries anyone can suffer IMO

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
There are plenty of places to run around BESIDES next to a flaming hot grill. If it was one of the kids that got burned I guarantee you the op would get sued. Almost as bad as the parents who let their kids okay with fireworks, and sue when they get burned

^This. x 6.022E23.

Next time we tell the kids NOT to run anywhere near a grill.
Can't fault the flipflops, you're not gonna wear steel toed boots to a friggin picinic.

Speakin of steel toes......... I second the terminator toes...:beer:

Stinger2011

Established Member
Wishing you the best. Hope a miracle comes your way.. Sounds like you need one

:nono: YOU are part of the problem

Next time there's kids running in the store, instead of running into me, maybe they'll run into the eighty year old man with a hip replacement? Maybe we can make him pay the doctor bills or he can sue us for letting kids run around in our store?

It ain't as simple as just saying "kids will be kids". It's the parents fault for letting them run around pools, run around grills, run through stores, and doing other dumb ****.

The way I see it, you're a part of the problem for saying that i'm a part of the problem. Just letting it happen and pointing your finger at me for saying something about it.

I lost my voice and several aspects of a normal life because of another person's dumb choice. I hate seeing it happen to other people.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Ouch O.P, hope you get a fast speedy healthy recovery. There's an owner in the valley with a 99/01 Cobra with a Vortech S Trim, guy drives like there's no tomorrow. He also lost one of his legs way before he bought the car and modded it. So don't lose hope on never driving a manual car anymore.

Either way though, hope you get to keep your leg. I just had a BBQ in a beach with a portable grill this past Saturday. Good luck O.P

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
tumblr_lkwyhc2vWG1qjty86o1_500.jpg

images

:lol:

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
**UPDATE**
After 67 days of hospitalization, I am finally being discharged tomorrow. I was able to keep the right foot, so I will still be able to drive my car. Stoked beyond words. wOOO-hOOOO :rockon:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
**UPDATE**
After 67 days of hospitalization, I am finally being discharged tomorrow. I was able to keep the right foot, so I will still be able to drive my car. Stoked beyond words. wOOO-hOOOO :rockon:

Good news, very glad to hear it!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Next time there's kids running in the store, instead of running into me, maybe they'll run into the eighty year old man with a hip replacement? Maybe we can make him pay the doctor bills or he can sue us for letting kids run around in our store?

It ain't as simple as just saying "kids will be kids". It's the parents fault for letting them run around pools, run around grills, run through stores, and doing other dumb ****.

The way I see it, you're a part of the problem for saying that i'm a part of the problem. Just letting it happen and pointing your finger at me for saying something about it.

I lost my voice and several aspects of a normal life because of another person's dumb choice. I hate seeing it happen to other people.

Settle down nancy. Clearly you have no kids. No amount of discipline, punishment, or brainwashing will prevent kids from making poor decisions and adults from not being able to protect them or watch over them every single second.

Sucks to lose a toe, but it was an accident. Accidents happen, and that doesn't necessarily warrant a huge payout.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So glad you're being discharged tomorrow, and they saved the right foot. You've been through a lot. Let the healing process continue. I'll tell you one thing, your heart and head are in the right place. How you've responded has been extraordinary.

Users who are viewing this thread