Bbq accident leads to amputation.

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
So 4th of July I pack up the family and head to the local fireworks show. I bring along a portable grill, to cook up some tri tip burgers and dogs. Bunch of kids running around and the grill gets knocked over, spilling the coals on to my feet. The resulting burns got infected, leading to the amputation of my big toe, and second toe on my right foot. First photo is the infected toes, second photo is the amputation of my index toe last photo is of both toes amputated. I am still in the hospital, doing IV antibiotics 4x a day, trying to clear up the residual infection in hopes of keeping the foot. Moral of the story?
Don't cook on a portable grill!
d824732c-88c5-15b6.jpg
d824732c-8902-1cfa.jpg

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

truefiveo

Established Member
Hang in there man, I hope your able to walk again one day!
I guess we really take some things for granted until we loose them.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
OUCH!!!!!
Just hang in and chill until fully recovered. Don't want that infection spreading!

apt1848

Established Member
Man....I can't even begin to tell you how bad I feel for you. If there's one piece of advice I could offer you it would be this: Towards the end of your recovery start tapering off the pain meds. I know that's a given but still...

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
Thanks for the well wishes all. Working hard to keep the foot. I would be really disappointed if I was un able to drive a manual tranny car again.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

TJSwoboda

Established Member
JFC. :( Here's to hoping for the best, but since I always tell people I'll go automatic when my left leg falls off, I want to address something you mentioned:

Thanks for the well wishes all. Working hard to keep the foot. I would be really disappointed if I was un able to drive a manual tranny car again.

Has a hydraulic clutch "pedal" ever been moved to a hand control, for a driver with a missing or useless left foot? Again, here's to hoping that the question is moot in your case. Hang in there!

WOT 88

Established Member
Jeeeesh man, just goes to show you how quickly anyone of us can become victims of misfortune in a split second. Wish you all the best buddy, hang in there and get well soon!

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Sorry to hear you are going through this. I wish you nothing but the best moving forward. Keep your chin up.

ModularFan

Established Member
Why were you cooking without shoes on? Sorry for the misfortune! Hope you get better soon!

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Next time bring BK or McDonalds?

"Fast food, saves feet" I can see the new slogan now, lol.

OP, I wish you the best. Definitely try to keep the foot, since its your right foot, might be a little weird using the gas pedal with your left foot. But you could always pick up motorcycles:banana:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
how did that even happen, you wouldn't think a hot coal would do that as in cause that much damage as I am sure it only touched you for a short time. I hope you get better, how will that effect your ability to walk or run?

Users who are viewing this thread