Bad luck for Joe's 00 Cobra R

JoeJ

Established Member
Guys,

A couple pictures of the Cobra R being repaired. It is painted, the rear end is installed. Still quite a bit yet to do. Install the new fuel cell, fuel lines, and brake lines. Finish cleaning it up and see if everything works ok.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
There's probably a good reason for this but does the passenger side have a full quarter scoop on it while the drivers side has a "half" scoop for lack of a better term?

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i was thinkin of this the other day and wondering if it was reconstructed yet... good to see its coming along!!

JoeJ

Established Member
Guys,

Thanks for the comments. I will check on the different side scoops and the rear bumper cover. This is for sure wrong. I didn't look the car over real close. I would like it to be as close to original as possible.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The taillights are also wrong for a Cobra R.... they should have the amber lenses at the bottom.

The driver's side scoop is the correct one for the car.... The pass. side is incorrect.

The rear bumper cover for a '00R is the same as the V6 mustang i.e. no exhaust cut outs and the embossed letters in the bumper just says MUSTANG.

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
Looking good :banana:

One more nit picky item....

The fasteners on the winglets are not supposed to be painted. FWIW

JoeJ

Established Member
Guys,
I now have my 2000 CobraR back. It sure looks good. A complete new rear clip complete with wing, fuel cell, upper and lower control arms, brake callipers, rotors, fuel lines, brake lines, wiring harness, and much more.
Bob Hahn did a great job with the car. He also corner weighted the car, corrected the rear bump steer and after State Farm payed the final bill, he dropped the fuel cell and set it up like my Cup Car (without the emission devices, just a rollover check valve.) I will try and attach a couple pictures.
Looking forward to getting it back on the track again soon. I think I will take it to the Team Shelby event at Tulsa in June.

JoeJ

Established Member
I will be at the SVTOA event at TWS in March with my 2000 Cobra R. There is a couple of events around Houston I am planning on going to. A Driver Edge event at Motor Sports Ranch outside Cresson, TX and a Nasa event at Houston Motorsports Ranch in a couple of weeks. I will try and have both cars at Hallett for the Ford Shelby event in June. Run the Cobra R in open track and use the Cup car for the Demo race on Friday. I will check out the Cobra R suspension soon to see how it acts with the new Kenny Brown arms and delrin bushings. The engine sure seems strong compared to the Cup car. It is just a lot heavier. Not sure which car is the fastest on a road course. The last time I was at Hallett with the cup car I was turning 1.27's. That was faster than I had previous ran with the Cobra R.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on the tracks this year. You northern guys come on down Texas way and get out of the snow and ice. LOL. We run year around down here.

Stanger58

Established Member
Apparently, the latest issue of "Road & Track" (inside the back cover) has an image of Joe "abandoning ship" at the Miller event... or at least that's what I've heard...:coolman:

See you on track, Joe... :banana:

Lacina

Users who are viewing this thread