Bad luck for Joe's 00 Cobra R

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Apparently, the latest issue of "Road & Track" (inside the back cover) has an image of Joe "abandoning ship" at the Miller event...
Yea, he is showing off his Olympic gymnastic pommel horse routine.

The picture has no title, no comments, or any references.

I'm going to have to have Joe autograph my copy.
I thought that you would have purchased this issue. I knew you couldn't pass up that article on Hendrick Racing. It even has a nice picture of your main man, Jeff Gordon. :D

JG.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I thought that you would have purchased this issue. I knew you couldn't pass up that article on Hendrick Racing. It even has a nice picture of your main man, Jeff Gordon. :D

I was also disappointed to see it had no caption. :( I didn't think Joe could still make moves like that! :bowdown:

Actually I still get R&T for bathroom reading material here at work and just saw the photo this morning. ;-) It's not a bad car rag. I think I'm getting accustomed to the format actually. :-D

Jeff Gordon? Does he still drive a cheby? I'll bet Mark Martin could still whip his scrawny little butt on AND off the track! :rockon:

;-):poke::p

JoeJ

Established Member
LOL. You guys are too much. That is sure not the best way to get your car in a magazine. I really dont remember much about going thru the window. Just remember rolling on the ground. I don't think it took me very long to get out of the car.
But the main thing everyone is ok and the car is back ready to rock and roll. I took it up to Motorsports Ranch Cresson last weekend and my my but I love that HP. It handles better than it ever has. I ran it in the red group and the instructor group. Only a couple cars were faster. A GT3 Porsche and a new Z06 corvette. Both had extremely good drivers. I think I will now let it rest a bit and drive the Cup Car.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Good deal Joe.

You ought to send a couple of finished pics to R&T and let them run an "after" photo as well. They might get a kick out of it. They could also identify you as the owner and the event.

Tom

94_302

Established Member
While it's a shame to see a Cobra R in that state I am glad the owner was safe. I was actually about to start a thread asking if anyone's 00R caught fire because on the last page of the March 08 R&T. Glad to hear you're ok Joe and that the car is back!

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
While it's a shame to see a Cobra R in that state I am glad the owner was safe. I was actually about to start a thread asking if anyone's 00R caught fire because on the last page of the March 08 R&T. Glad to hear you're ok Joe and that the car is back!

Joe's a tough 'ol Buck! :rockon:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
WOW that sucks I am sorry to see that. But it looks like it can be fixed so that is a HUGE Positive. Best of luck to getting it back on the track.

JoeJ

Established Member
A couple of pictures of the car after repair and up at Motor Sports Ranch Cresson. It sure handled great. The Turbo Porsche was lifting his front tire at least 6 inches off the ground. The Cobra R was pushing him too hard..lol.

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
Nice Pics I will be there at Motorsport Ranch in March for the Great Race and for the ROEA event hope to see you there and nice car

Users who are viewing this thread