Bad luck for Joe's 00 Cobra R

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Didn't initially realize this was your car Joe...as if i even need to tell you, its in this months R&T on the last page. I started a thread before I realized it was an owner on this site :)

Link to the pic

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
"Up and Running" p.29 May, 2008 "Road and Track"

I just received my May issue of R&T. Joe's letter to the magazine was published as he expertly explained the cause of the fire, and his completion of the rebuild.

However, he didn't mention his previous Olympic talents and experience. :-D

Then I read about the new BMW 128i that starts at $33K (and can go to $40K). The engine has 230 bhp (and 200 lbs. ft. of torque!). I hope they never test it with a new Mustang. :shrug:

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
charcoal canister removal

Guys,

Just a quick word of advice to anyone who is running a fuel cell. Make sure it does not have the vent running to a charcoal canister. If the canister gets raw fuel in it, it will plug up and you will have a bomb on your butt. I have visited with several people who builds race cars and they have all told me the same thing. Ford had to do this due to emissions but if you have a 2000 R, inspect the cell at least every five years, eliminate the charcoal canister, and make sure the fuel vent is to the outside of the car away from your exhaust or brake rotors.

It looks like State Farm will help with the expense of repairing the car. It will just take some time and money, but it will be done.

I recently had my fuel cell pulled to fix some leaky gaskets. So we removed the charcoal canister & install a rollover vent. I am getting error codes now & the car is not running right. Anybody who has done this, what did you do, did you get any error codes & what did you do to get rid of them?
Car is a 2000R & the codes are:
P0453 - FTP Sensor Circuit High Voltage Detected The PCM monitors the EVAP control system FTP sensor input signal to the PCM.
P1451 - EVAP Control System Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
Monitors the canister vent (CV) solenoid circuit for an electrical failure.
Thanks Gary.

Users who are viewing this thread