Anyone thinking about trading their 11-14 in on a 15?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I test drove a manual non pp base car with 3.31s the other day. I rode shot gun at first and was surprised the car put me back in the seat the way it did. I wasn't expecting a bone stock car to do that. The clutch was super light feeling and is lighter than my McLeod RXT. I had to take the helper spring out of my car in order to get a better clutch feel since the RXT was that much lighter than stock. The shifting was very accurate and I was able to chirp every gear change to 4th. It felt a lot better than my MT82 with my shifter bracket and SS clutch line. I am not sure how it will feel at the strip once you get the fluid hot and if it'll exhibit some of the same issues that occurred with some cars and the high rpm shifting issues that some have had(although I never had that issue but took steps to avoid it. )

The base interior is considerably nicer than my 12 premium and the stock seats were pretty good. I will admit that I am glad I ordered the PP and premium car because I do enjoy the nav/touch screen/shaker setups. I did play around inside a 50th car and the toggles are pretty sweet and the different modes seem to be pretty cool. I didn't get to drive the 50th but I can't wait till my comp orange car gets in!

Gremlin85

Established Member
I played with the thought for a minute....

Then I saw the front end again and was happy to get into mine to go to work this morning instead of bring it to the dealer.

No thanks.

Angry50

Established Member
I played with the thought for a minute....

Then I saw the front end again and was happy to get into mine to go to work this morning instead of bring it to the dealer.

No thanks.

i do feel the 11-14 mustangs have a more aggressive front end. we just need the new interior lol. maybe some dash swaps. i want the switches, and line lock

AOD86GT

Established Member
I do not like how the headers on the 15s have the cats welded on them versus the 11-14s which have a two flange connecting the catalytic converters. Also, the half shafts are prone to breakage and are not conducive to drag racing. I will pass and keep my base 12 GT which is a lot lighter than the 15s. No way I am spending 33-40K on a mustang just to have the latest gizmos and luxury which is all added weight.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
... I think the 2011-2014 Stangs will be heavily sought after some years down the road. I wouldn't trade mine in because of that,

I have to agree, down the road people are going to be searching for unmolested bone stock 11-14's.

Just yesterday, a contractor came over to do an estimate and the first thing he said was "Nice car!". Sparked a 20 minute conversation about Mustangs. ;-)

(the day I picked her up last August) S7300006cx.jpg

SirJAG

Established Member
^ I think people who are interested in them will be the same ones interested in the older fox body's now.

The vast majority I believe won't though.

Especially considering the interiors are just completely dated (11-14).

Rct851

Established Member
Yea that's crazy talk. Anyone who wants a 2011-2014 will be able to find one easily.

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Anyone that thinks a 11-14 car is gonna pull money later on down the road needs to give me their number. I have a bridge I want to sell you lol.

The only unmolested mustangs that will pull and continue to pull money is going to be the 03/04 Cobras and Shelbys. Anything else is "just a GT". Sadly even the specialty market cars are still vin'd as GTs and won't command a premium either. Hell there are a crapton of 14 RS3s here in OKC that are just sitting on the lots.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
I have to agree, down the road people are going to be searching for unmolested bone stock 11-14's.

Just yesterday, a contractor came over to do an estimate and the first thing he said was "Nice car!". Sparked a 20 minute conversation about Mustangs. ;-)

(the day I picked her up last August) View attachment 28810
That's a great looking race red mustang. Mine looks the same.

I was telling someone the other day that I think the 11+ 5.0's will be desirable. I get compliments all the time and there are no visual mods.

I even think some stock wheels may be sought after later. 2 come to mind.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
With the weight advantage and live axle (along with the Coyote engine), I think the 11-14 will be desirable for years to come. Especially for drag racers.

hand-filer

Established Member
Not too keen on the looks of the 2015 at all. I think Ford missed the mark on looks, weight, handling and performance. I hope I'm wrong but I think sales are going to tank when the new lighter, smaller and likely much improved 2016 Camaro makes its debut.

13GT5.0

Established Member
Hopefully the 2016 camaro goes on a diet and better interior (seats are fine), that is the reason I didnt buy a 5th gen. The visibility was not an issue like alot have, I could see fine out of it fine. I just could not stand the heft.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
there are 15/16 camaro mules lapping the ring. its slightly shorter than the current car, but its on the same Zeta platform for the next gen as well. i did some recon on camaro5.

i see the new camaro weighing the same as the 15, but it won't be lighter.

im resisting ordering a OW 300a TP on a daily basis. at the very least I'm waiting for some rebates to hit. I'm trying to be smart, but its not working.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
That's a great looking race red mustang. Mine looks the same.

I was telling someone the other day that I think the 11+ 5.0's will be desirable. I get compliments all the time and there are no visual mods.

I even think some stock wheels may be sought after later. 2 come to mind.

You my friend, speak truth. :-D

Other commenters completely lost track of what I said and started talking like I thought the 11+ were going to command crazy $$. That's clearly not what I said, but you understood my point.

You 'da man!

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
All you 11-14 owners should not trade. Saw my first '15 2 door Fusion oops I mean mustang this morning and am not impressed

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I think it's funny people jumping on the bandwagon early when Monday Ford will release the GT350. Let's see what they have to offer before making a quick impulse buy.

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
I think it's funny people jumping on the bandwagon early when Monday Ford will release the GT350. Let's see what they have to offer before making a quick impulse buy.

My car hasn't been built yet, so if the GT350 is what I want I'll be swapping my order over as long as I can afford it. That was a thought that crossed my mind when I ordered my car originally. The only thing is I think the GT350 will be over 50k.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Keeping mine, just getting the car to where I want it and I'm not impressed with the 15's.

Same here

No way! I think my car looks way more muscular than the '15. The '15 looks feminized and I don't think there is enough improvement elsewhere to make up for it.

I agree but I also think the same from the 11/12 to the 13/14. That LED stuff and painted front grille housing "feminizes" the 13/14 vs the 11/12 IMO, but I would still keep my 13/14 over the 15 If I owned one.

I would consider one, the problem is, which really isn't a problem, i like my modded 12 to much to get rid of it for this car!

Yeah, I couldn't trade my car in for one that doesn't perform any better, and doesn't look as good.

I got my '11 at the end of 2010 and had it just over 4 years now. I spent $37k out the door and put over $20k in it between True forged rims, suspension work and the VMP. I take my cars to show and get tons of compliments, and in my mind it's still a new car. I could not see starting all over again with the modding just to get the newer car.
RC

Users who are viewing this thread