Anyone thinking about trading their 11-14 in on a 15?

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
As the title states, are any of you thinking about trading in your current car for a 2015? Part of me wishes I would have waited to buy my 14, but the incentives were just too good to pass up. Not to mention I just installed a borla catback and a mgw shifter. Im contemplating going to drive one just to see how i like it.

Levi Thomas

Established Member
I am going to test drive one next week Red fully loaded auto just to see how it does, if I do trade mine in ill be going with a manual.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I went to the Roush ford dealer out here an hr ago where I'm at, the only one they had was an ecoboost. I plan on test driving 5.0 when they get one in.

4VFTW

Established Member
I think that even if you just absolutely love the S550 you should wait a year and see what Ford's response to the Alpha Camaro is going to be

Rct851

Established Member
If my car was bone stock and I couldn't wait on a 2016 I would. Saw one for the first time last night. My 2013 was freshly washed so I had a chance to do a real side by side comparison.

2015 ruby red with track packs vs 2013 SGM lowered on all kinds of bmr stuff and on silver vossen cv3's, roush side/front splitters

I have to say mine looked better BUUUT it was way closer than a stock track pack 2013-14 would have looked next to mine.
Overall I think ford listened to us. The 2015 actually has an acceptable stance with the TP. 1" lower in the front would be perfect. It already has aggressive looking side splitters, front splitter and rear diffuser.

i will wait for the power improvements I expect with the 2016's or the gt350, but I could definitely work with one of these and I know I won't have to spend $$$$ immediatly just to make it look "right"

Last edited:

DaBigBone

Established Member
No way. The new interior on the 15 is nice but the exterior just doesn't appeal to me. I'll keep my 14 for a few years until the next body style.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Nope. Very disappointed in the 15 Mustang. It's no faster, and the front end looks ugly.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
If I didn't put so much money into my 2013 I probably would. Interior is significantly improved and the IRS of course is a big improvement too. I don't think it's a better looking exterior though. Front end is pretty mean looking, but the rear the 2015 is just nasty in person and in pictures, it would really need some work to get me to like the rear of the 15's.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
It's not a big enough step imo. If you have an 11-14 I think its safe to just wait til the GT350 or maybe the 2nd gen kinda like the 13-14 was to the 11-12.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member

stags

Established Member
I'm gonna enjoy my 14 and wait till the bugs get worked out of the new production model. I also want to see Fords/ Shelby's answer to the hellcat...

That said, the guard, sterling, and triple yellow all look stunning

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
I actually read your post before i posted this. I kinda feel the same way as you do. The interior improvement would be nice, but at the same time I enjoy the raw feeling the 11-14 still gives me. Coming from a handful of fox bodys and sn95 cars, I actually enjoy the raw, less refined feel. I guess it feels more like a mustang should in my eyes. I guess I should wait a year or two in order for Ford to fix some of the issues the new car will most likely have.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I'm thinking about posting my '12 for sale, more for the fact that I have other things I want to do with that money, and not because I want a 2015.

Sizeth3

Established Member
I personally don't like the look of the new ones, I just bought a 2013, got a good deal on it, and I am happy for now. It's not the jump that was made between 2009 and 2010 (visual refresh for the better), and again from 2010 to 2011 (100 more horsepower). If I bought a 2009 and the 2010 came out, I would have traded up. If I bought a 2010 and the 2011 with the 5.0 came out, I would have traded up lol. However, 2014 to 2015, no thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread