Anymore News On Ford Racing Aftermarket Coyote Block?

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
i believe that the engine will hold 1300hp without an issue but those guarantees are a bit dangerous. unless you have a rod snap in two of definite proof that there was a structural failure the tune will be blame for the failure. not only the tune but lack of fuel or high iats. at those power levels the word reliable should not be used. hell look at what bugatti has to do for 1200bhp.

I understand that. that's coming from mmr's post. im just trying to get clarification from them.

Deespeed99

Established Member
I understand that. that's coming from mmr's post. im just trying to get clarification from them.

Yes please get clarification because every time I asked for it they keep repeating the same thing like a robot yet I'm the bad guy because I want to make sure my 3-4K is money well spent... :nonono:

i believe that the engine will hold 1300hp without an issue but those guarantees are a bit dangerous. unless you have a rod snap in two of definite proof that there was a structural failure the tune will be blame for the failure. not only the tune but lack of fuel or high iats. at those power levels the word reliable should not be used. hell look at what bugatti has to do for 1200bhp.

I don't agree. In today's TX2K day an age, it's very common to see 1200-1750hp cars running around reliably. Granted they aren't on kill all the time a lot of those guys run at mile events and many other events throughout the year. I'm very positive and sure a coyote can run with these guys and eventually will but as of right now there isn't anything that's been proven to handle every day street/work driving but can't be turned up to 1300, 1400 or 1500HP. IMO I'd go with a RGR support system or L&M Tornado block before a MMR Pro-Mod ONLY because I've seen both in cars that are or were daily driven and abused quiet a bit. I understand there is no guarantee in this world of racing but who is really comfortable buying a product going off the word of a vendor or seller that can't even name or show 1 customer that's meeting their goals with a product?

mmr:
what you are saying is if I ask you to build an engine to hold say.... 1300hp daily.
you will guarantee the engine not to break up to the 1300hp??
regardless that is an unfilled/sleeved stock 13 block?

+1

Dan is a sponsored racer, not a customer and is not one of the customers we are referencing.

We are not going to go back and forth with you on this anymore, it is your turn to back up with facts what you are telling board members. And to refresh your memory you are telling people that the MMR Pro Mod is a poor choice for 1400-1500HP (which is exactly what it was designed for), so please explain why in a technical discussion with facts to show why it is a poor choice - otherwise please stop telling people this.

We have not been vague, you said in your post that the MMR block was a poor choice for 1400-1500 HP, we told you that not only have we made 1400-1500 HP, that we have in fact made far more on more than 1 occasion.

And to answer your question, we have 2 customers that have made over 1300RWHP with the MMR Pro Mod block, but what difference does it make if it was a customer or our test car, HP is HP whether we own it or a customer does?

Bottom line, we have shown you that it has been done over and over, we also guarantee what we rate the block at - if you dont like the information we have provided to back up our statement you are certainly welcome to provide your own facts proving the opposite - so the ball is in your court - and facts only please - not opinion - after all, there are plenty of those on the internet. So, you told people that it is a poor choice, lets see your proof that the block cannot handle 1400-1500RWHP.

Sure, I can do that. I only have 3 fact though if that's ok? 1) No one has purchased an un-filled promod block who daily drives their car that makes over 1400hp when the wick is turned up. 2) A thicker than stock sleeve will provide additional support but doesn't fix the design flaw of the thin cylinder walls for the coyote block. 3) Making engine dyno pulls and 1/4 miles passes then shutting the car down doesn't simulate the same load or abuse as making back to back passes 60-180 passes.

I also have linked a thread to YB where (as you have here) continue to say the same thing except in this thread you state the un-filled block will handled 1700hp not 1500hp. Again I'm not trying to be the dick but people want to see data, numbers and have information before shelling out that type of money. Hence the reason companies like Alpha for the GTR's do so well because they can shell out data and cars showing their stuff works. Your block is AWESOME! for guys pushing that 900-1000+ mark because it fixes the worries about cracked blocks and hell I'll back it all day for people making 1100-1200hp and even suggest it for someone making 1300 but above that I don't see any reason to say it's reliable or 'proven'... The sad part about this is I'm going to need a block, either this year or the year after and all because you want to be so combative with me rather then just say "Hey you're right we don't have any cars doing what you want but we're willing to test it out with you" I'm going to end up going with some one else and will probably have 1 outta a few cars that are actually daily driven but can turn it up to those numbers...

1182rwhp from a little 'ole Coyote! - Page 6 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Well I have the promod and I'll be at TX2k so we'll see how it goes looking to kill a few 100k+ cars :-D

Hit me up! I'll be there Wed-Sun, I'm staying near the roll race speedway though because that's the event I really want to see.

90coupe5oh

Established Member
I'll see if I can find out anything about the status of the FRPP block.

Thanks, that would be awesome! Every day I've called they have been closed, would love to work their hours lol.

Well I have the promod and I'll be at TX2k so we'll see how it goes looking to kill a few 100k+ cars :-D

If I can get my setup done in time I'll be there with my junky ON3 TT setup trying to go fast.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Hit me up! I'll be there Wed-Sun, I'm staying near the roll race speedway though because that's the event I really want to see.

Most definitely I need to double check my reservation pretty sure we are staying at least 4 days, we had our rooms booked since august. We are staying at one of the hotels with a gated entrance for security reasons, quite a few louisiana cars coming out I'm pretty sure its not far from the main host hotel one of our guys is a event sponsor.

Looking forward to some good times :rockon:

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
mmr:
what you are saying is if I ask you to build an engine to hold say.... 1300hp daily.
you will guarantee the engine not to break up to the 1300hp??
regardless that is an unfilled/sleeved stock 13 block?

Correct, Our guarantee is that the the MMR Pro Mod block itself will not fail like the factory block (the filled or unfilled version) and that we rate it up to 1500RWHP, of course this does not cover detonation caused by improper tuning etc.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sure, I can do that. I only have 3 fact though if that's ok? 1) No one has purchased an un-filled promod block who daily drives their car that makes over 1400hp when the wick is turned up. 2) A thicker than stock sleeve will provide additional support but doesn't fix the design flaw of the thin cylinder walls for the coyote block. 3) Making engine dyno pulls and 1/4 miles passes then shutting the car down doesn't simulate the same load or abuse as making back to back passes 60-180 passes.

None of these are proof that the MMR Pro Mod cannot handle 1500HP as you have been telling people , like your other posts, they are all opinion and speculation without foundation. Looks like you are just going to have to buy one and try to break it to prove us wrong. :beer:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Here's what the FRPP guys told me:

""For the M50R block we were very successful beta testing both in-house and out in
the field. Unfortunately we've had more growing pains going from prototype to
production castings than we expected. We know the block is a great piece and we're
committed to getting it out as soon as possible but it has to be 100% correct before
we will release it. With the 5.0L Cobra Jets becoming so popular in NHRA and the
new Coyote Modified class in NMRA we know there is a high demand for the block and
we're excited to see racers get their hands on them. At this time that looks like
a late first quarter 2014 ship date."

twistedneck

Established Member
Darton sleeves are the best I know of.. they are on everything from off shore boats to the top of motorsport Le mans. If I had to choose right now the MMR block is seeming fine, daily drive above 1400? is that a real requirement?

90coupe5oh

Established Member

""For the M50R block we were very successful beta testing both in-house and out in
production castings than we expected. We know the block is a great piece and we're
committed to getting it out as soon as possible but it has to be 100% correct before
we will release it. With the 5.0L Cobra Jets becoming so popular in NHRA and the
new Coyote Modified class in NMRA we know there is a high demand for the block and
we're excited to see racers get their hands on them. At this time that looks like

Thanks, I appreciate it! I called them on wed and they told me Feburary 1st, sounds later then that though huh

Deespeed99

Established Member

What changes were made?

JP0814GT

Established Member
If i we're going to go all out King of the hill power. I'd Darton sleeve a 13-14 block and reinforce water jackets or fill.the Darton sleeves have been known and proven to be the strongest higher quality cylinder sleeves for years.
I'm not sure that the new block will be as strong as a properly built reinforced Darton sleeved block. The verdicts still out on that and it will still need time to be proven.
I hope they do a better job than they did with the cast iron boss 5.0 modular block it's a good block but it still has weakness in areas.

Last edited:

BUCKET

Established Member
They are sourcing unicorn tears for lube to press the new sleeves in.

I think 13 block with some darton sleeves are going to be what's going to be the go to for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread