Anymore News On Ford Racing Aftermarket Coyote Block?

90coupe5oh

Established Member
Has there been anymore news on Ford Racing's aftermarket block for the coyote that was being tested months ago? If I remember correctly both Beefcake and JPC had one to test. I'm building my motor right now but wouldn't mind holding off for a little if this block is coming out any time soon?

Josh

Benchracer

Established Member
Yep. It is still prone to cracking the same as the stock block. Only real known fix is to have your block sleeved.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I keep hearing whispers of another sportsman block being released with some sleeve action going on. Don't really know if that's a rumor or truth. Please let it be the second because that would make an awesome aluminator. (If they released it in that package) I needs to turn the boost up a hair....

86Fbody

Established Member
Is MMR the only one who sleeves them? Or does anyone know who sells sleeves, I can have it sleeved just need to find the sleeves.

There was a thread started by Livernois who were building a motor and I believe they were using Darton sleeves.

Bud

Established Member
The revised sportsman block gets released Jan 31st. Steve from Tasca has a great price on it too

D.T.R

Established Member
Any machine shop can sleeve a block if they know what they're doing.
MMR & Darton are the 2 companies making sleeves for our blocks.

hitmix300

Established Member
I keep hearing whispers of another sportsman block being released with some sleeve action going on. Don't really know if that's a rumor or truth. Please let it be the second because that would make an awesome aluminator. (If they released it in that package) I needs to turn the boost up a hair....

your correct. ford is going full steam ahead on bringing out a big sleeve "voo-doo" block. supposed to be a 5.2L

more info later when we find out the meat n potatoes. :beer:

this block probably for a new shelby or other limited car.

Last edited:

OveRBoreD

Established Member
your correct. ford is going full steam ahead on bringing out a big sleeve "voo-doo" block. supposed to be a 5.2L

more info later when we find out the meat n potatoes. :beer:

this block probably for a new shelby or other limited car.

:dancenana: Please let it be affordable and in a turnkey engine. (Asking for a lot but hey a guy can dream) Thanks for the info! Looks like I'm holding out on buying an Aluminator....

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
you guys dont have any info on your website as far as pricing on sleeve block. i have tried to look for them.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Get a mmr block like the rest of the cool kids haha

I think the promod is a great option for those wanting to run 1000-1100 but i still do not agree its a great option for 1400-1500HP guys. The coolant valley sizes are still an issue at the end of the day & i have seen zero data on unfilled promod above 1300hp. Id love to see if ford keeps the half filled/thicker valley walla design but adds iron sleeves. I think that will end up being a more streetable setup allowing 1400-1500hp without an unfilled block.

Users who are viewing this thread