Anymore News On Ford Racing Aftermarket Coyote Block?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The pro Mod upgrade is $1999 for a customer supplied block + $1200 to tear the engine down and put back together. So roughly $3200

Deespeed99

Established Member
While we certainly respect your opinion, the MMR Pro Mod block has reliably supported well over 2000HP (unfilled) and is recommended and guaranteed by MMR up to 1500 RWHP. It can be used above 1500RWHP but we suggest the filled version at that point. You mention that its "not a great option" for 1400-1500HP, funny enough, it is the only block produced so far that has proven itself on more than 1 occasion to handle that much power (and in fact far more)along with holding the Top 2 worlds fastest coyote records without a single failure.

MMR

MMR%20coyote%202.jpg

Well over 2000 unfilled for how many passes? Did you not say it was filled in several articles? Show me 1 block or customer that makes 1400-1500 on an unfilled block regularly and ill never bring this up again. We have this back and forth over and over and over yet you still have posted no customers or data. As ive said its a great block/option but i have yet to see 1 coyote making 1400+ that is a street driven car and will see daily driving and running at those levels on a regular basis. Your claim is undocumented and as much as id love to run your block im not paying almost 4k for something that has no data and risk you all not paying for my labor and motor.

JP0814GT

Established Member
Look out! Mine went towards the RGR Full bore block, Sleeved and RGR support system. :rockon:

My bonus hasn't made it yet either but already spending pre bonus $$ on RGR build at least I'm not lonely in the spending boat haha!

D.T.R

Established Member
Right on, thanks. Bonus time just can't get here quick enough

Crossing the 1000whp barrier is stupid expensive.
Aside from the $3200 MMR listed, you will have to most likely add shipping TO and FROM, ARP2000 rod bolts, ARP head studs, new head gaskets, probably billet i-bean rods, they will most likely tell you to go with a different/better piston/ring/wrist pin setup... so it just becomes a huge amount of money TBH.
I think i will be content with 900-1000whp and keep the budget some under control.

Bud

Established Member
Crossing the 1000whp barrier is stupid expensive.
Aside from the $3200 MMR listed, you will have to most likely add shipping TO and FROM, ARP2000 rod bolts, ARP head studs, new head gaskets, probably billet i-bean rods, they will most likely tell you to go with a different/better piston/ring/wrist pin setup... so it just becomes a huge amount of money TBH.
I think i will be content with 900-1000whp and keep the budget some under control.

Already have the billet i-beams, diamond pistons, arp gear. Just have it all in a stock block unfortunately. So would hope sleeves, bearings, and rings would get it there.

Luckily with my bonus not coming for a few months that gives other people time to be the guinnea pigs a bit longer :)

Look out! Mine went towards the RGR Full bore block, Sleeved and RGR support system. :rockon:

Very nice, coming out on kill eh? I'll have to look into that option as well, just seeing what is out there and what is holding up. Don't want to have an expensive learning experience.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Your claim is undocumented and as much as id love to run your block im not paying almost 4k for something that has no data and risk you all not paying for my labor and motor.

Our claim is 100% documented and proven -these cars dont go 200MPH making 1000 HP, they do it making 2000HP. MMR has tested both our filled and unfilled versions, the magazines have simply reported on what was in the car at the time of the article. MMR has tested both versions so that our customers do not have to. These engines have been tested 2 years straight without a single failure.

Like we said, we respect your opinion, but thats all it is. We have backed the product up with fact and performance. If you dont like it, you are certainly welcome to purchase a block from someone else, but we are not aware of anyone else who manufactures the block and show it handled 1500+ HP - MMR on the other hand can with a 2 year history in more than 1 vehicle.

:beer:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Our claim is 100% documented and proven -these cars dont go 200MPH making 1000 HP, they do it making 2000HP. MMR has tested both our filled and unfilled versions, the magazines have simply reported on what was in the car at the time of the article. MMR has tested both versions so that our customers do not have to. These engines have been tested 2 years straight without a single failure.

Like we said, we respect your opinion, but thats all it is. We have backed the product up with fact and performance. If you dont like it, you are certainly welcome to purchase a block from someone else, but we are not aware of anyone else who manufactures the block and show it handled 1500+ HP - MMR on the other hand can with a 2 year history in more than 1 vehicle.

:beer:

What customer has made 1400-1500 or hell even 1300hp in their daily driven car with an unfilled block? Like i said show me one and ill leave it alone forever.
You're being very vague repeating the same information without facts....

poof100

Established Member
Already have the billet i-beams, diamond pistons, arp gear. Just have it all in a stock block unfortunately. So would hope sleeves, bearings, and rings would get it there.

Luckily with my bonus not coming for a few months that gives other people time to be the guinnea pigs a bit longer :)

Very nice, coming out on kill eh? I'll have to look into that option as well, just seeing what is out there and what is holding up. Don't want to have an expensive learning experience.

Yeah, you can say that lol. Darton Sleeves, New 13 block, the custom RGR block support system, Diamond Pistons (coated), Billet rods, all ARP stuff etc. Also going to do custom Billet Cams, bigger Valves etc.

Al's 1100+ Single Turbo car that JPC did only has the RGR support system and is kicking some ass, 9.20s with just the footbrake and 3900+lbs. There are some other parts of the motor that are more likely to break before the Support System/Sleeved block. Timing chains and gears are the next weak link.

Hard to think about this stuff though, with the nice weather of 0 here tonight! lol.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Yeah, you can say that lol. Darton Sleeves, New 13 block, the custom RGR block support system, Diamond Pistons (coated), Billet rods, all ARP stuff etc. Also going to do custom Billet Cams, bigger Valves etc.

Al's 1100+ Single Turbo car that JPC did only has the RGR support system and is kicking some ass, 9.20s with just the footbrake and 3900+lbs. There are some other parts of the motor that are more likely to break before the Support System/Sleeved block. Timing chains and gears are the next weak link.

Hard to think about this stuff though, with the nice weather of 0 here tonight! lol.

Dude who are you kidding. I dont even want my car back lmao! Its been so nasty out, its been the last thing on my mind!

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What customer has made 1400-1500 or hell even 1300hp in their daily driven car with an unfilled block? Like i said show me one and ill leave it alone forever.
You're being very vague repeating the same information without facts....

We have not been vague, you said in your post that the MMR block was a poor choice for 1400-1500 HP, we told you that not only have we made 1400-1500 HP, that we have in fact made far more on more than 1 occasion.

And to answer your question, we have 2 customers that have made over 1300RWHP with the MMR Pro Mod block, but what difference does it make if it was a customer or our test car, HP is HP whether we own it or a customer does?

Bottom line, we have shown you that it has been done over and over, we also guarantee what we rate the block at - if you dont like the information we have provided to back up our statement you are certainly welcome to provide your own facts proving the opposite - so the ball is in your court - and facts only please - not opinion - after all, there are plenty of those on the internet. So, you told people that it is a poor choice, lets see your proof that the block cannot handle 1400-1500RWHP.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Is one of the 2 customers dan hale?

Dan is a sponsored racer, not a customer and is not one of the customers we are referencing.

We are not going to go back and forth with you on this anymore, it is your turn to back up with facts what you are telling board members. And to refresh your memory you are telling people that the MMR Pro Mod is a poor choice for 1400-1500HP (which is exactly what it was designed for), so please explain why in a technical discussion with facts to show why it is a poor choice - otherwise please stop telling people this.

Bud

Established Member

Damn, I better leave my junk in the garage when it comes to events out east then :lol1:

"All" I want is consistent 5.4x in the 1/8th up here at Bandimere at 3300lb race weight. Hopefully nothing breaks on the way to that

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
mmr:
what you are saying is if I ask you to build an engine to hold say.... 1300hp daily.
you will guarantee the engine not to break up to the 1300hp??
regardless that is an unfilled/sleeved stock 13 block?

JP0814GT

Established Member
Damn, I better leave my junk in the garage when it comes to events out east then :lol1:

"All" I want is consistent 5.4x in the 1/8th up here at Bandimere at 3300lb race weight. Hopefully nothing breaks on the way to that

5.40's 1/8th is hauling the mail.. :D
Especially @ Bandimere near Red Rocks in Colorado that's my ol stomping grounds..

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
5.40's 1/8th is hauling the mail.. :D
Especially @ Bandimere near Red Rocks in Colorado that's my ol stomping grounds..

Car went 5.8x on it's first full pass ever at Bandimere. Did 5.6x in Kentucky with really no tweaking. Both at 15-16psi. Getting greedy but I need to be close to 5.4's here if I want to run with the pack. We will know in a few months :D

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
mmr:
what you are saying is if I ask you to build an engine to hold say.... 1300hp daily.
you will guarantee the engine not to break up to the 1300hp??
regardless that is an unfilled/sleeved stock 13 block?

i believe that the engine will hold 1300hp without an issue but those guarantees are a bit dangerous. unless you have a rod snap in two of definite proof that there was a structural failure the tune will be blame for the failure. not only the tune but lack of fuel or high iats. at those power levels the word reliable should not be used. hell look at what bugatti has to do for 1200bhp.

Users who are viewing this thread