Anymore News On Ford Racing Aftermarket Coyote Block?

poof100

Established Member
Just got of the phone, block alone is in the $2500 range. Really not too bad of a price.

Will the new FRPP block have sleeves? If so, that is a pretty solid deal, knowing how much Sleeves and a support system costs.

stretchb

Established Member
I hope this comes out... why wont Dart build one, looks like there's gonna be a market for them ?

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
I called FRPP a few days ago and they just said "revised" to account for the issues people had seen with the original sportsman block failing. Hindsight I should have asked some more questions about what was revised.

Some people should hurry up and get them and do some testing on big HP

phil h

Established Member
Also I like the idea of a complete turn key crate engine from FFRP that can handle business.

They really should offer it standard with the aluminator. If a stock block is 1300 then add a reasonable $ amount and have it at least as an option.

Deespeed99

Established Member
They really should offer it standard with the aluminator. If a stock block is 1300 then add a reasonable $ amount and have it at least as an option.

They do that and ill sell my current aluminator & buy that lol.

poof100

Established Member
I called FRPP a few days ago and they just said "revised" to account for the issues people had seen with the original sportsman block failing. Hindsight I should have asked some more questions about what was revised.

Some people should hurry up and get them and do some testing on big HP

It's possible here that Ford is just finally releasing the sportsman block to the public. We are doing some digging on our end to see what's getting released. gut feeling is that the block won't have sleeves.

Bud

Established Member
It's possible here that Ford is just finally releasing the sportsman block to the public. We are doing some digging on our end to see what's getting released. gut feeling is that the block won't have sleeves.

That would be a dick move if they just kept pumping out the same block people already had problems with. Let us know what you find out, it isn't a bad price point if it ends up being a decent block.

poof100

Established Member
That would be a dick move if they just kept pumping out the same block people already had problems with. Let us know what you find out, it isn't a bad price point if it ends up being a decent block.

I think they made a few casting changes, and are working with their supplier to get it right, but I don't see it being a sleeved, full on race bore block, just something that will last longer than the standard block. Have some calls into a few folks and will keep this updated.

JP0814GT

Established Member
Dart needs to make a iron Coyote block for drag racing i called today no new updates from FRPP..
My builds in process with JPC so I'm committed now to a beefed up 13-14 stock block..

Last edited:

lsittingbull

Established Member
DArt

^^^ I posted on the Dart forums about a coyote block, but it seems like if it`s no LSX your out of luck. It would be nice if we could get someone to do a CGI block.:beer:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Might as well have a billet block for that extra bling bling. Honestly I think the new sportsman will be identical to the current just with slightly thicker sleeves but not the same level as mmr , livernois etc. It would be nice for a real iron block but that's extra weight. I can't wait till the end of this month and get the car together and turn the boost on. :rockon:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think the promod is a great option for those wanting to run 1000-1100 but i still do not agree its a great option for 1400-1500HP guys.

While we certainly respect your opinion, the MMR Pro Mod block has reliably supported well over 2000HP (unfilled) and is recommended and guaranteed by MMR up to 1500 RWHP. It can be used above 1500RWHP but we suggest the filled version at that point. You mention that its "not a great option" for 1400-1500HP, funny enough, it is the only block produced so far that has proven itself on more than 1 occasion to handle that much power (and in fact far more)along with holding the Top 2 worlds fastest coyote records without a single failure.

MMR

MMR%20coyote%202.jpg

Bud

Established Member
While we certainly respect your opinion, the MMR Pro Mod block has reliably supported well over 2000HP (unfilled) and is recommended and guaranteed by MMR up to 1500 RWHP. It can be used above 1500RWHP but we suggest the filled version at that point. You mention that its "not a great option" for 1400-1500HP, funny enough, it is the only block produced so far that has proven itself on more than 1 occasion to handle that much power (and in fact far more)along with holding the Top 2 worlds fastest coyote records without a single failure.

MMR

MMR%20coyote%202.jpg

Say a customer already has a built shortblock, if they shipped it to you how much would it cost to get torn down, block sleeved, and reassembled with existing crank/rods/pistons?

Users who are viewing this thread