Any pullied Cobra's want to play in Ausitn

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
If you'd stop running your mouth and read the thread I told you to look up Foofinator and give him a PM, he goes to UT and drives a Screaming Yellow pulley only Cobra.

I've only seen that car once down here, and when I did...:beer:

blownaltered

Established Member
That is how all races against stock Z06's and pullied cobras should end.

Does anyone have the vid of Strokd vs. Andrew's Z06. (pullied cone vs. h/c/i/e tunned Z06) That was a close race between 2 cars with very similar hp. I think Donnie filmed it?

I wish I had that on video I would post it up, I was there that day but didn't have my camera with me. To the original poster come to Dallas there are plenty of pullied cobras for you to run. Hell I'll run you in my GT.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
I raced my first stock Z06 when my car was making 402rwh and 400rwt (exhaust, nittos, canned tune and intake) I had him by a bumper so a pullied cobra should take one down easy. Equal driver of course :)

here is what my friend ran at the track with his C5Z06 in some good weather.

minor bolt ons :rockon:

1) 12.25/115 1.90
2) 12.07/116 1.79
3) 11.78/116 1.69

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
man, Z driver said cobra won by one car but i saw good 3 cars. My race was just like that, i was pulling away just like that and Z driver was one good driver. and 01qwickcobra is my witness :beer:

we will see how JD's race goes.

Venomhiss

Established Member
As promised, here ya go..
03 Cobra vs 03 Z06

Ok, im going to say this ONE more time for BOTH VETTE AND MUSTANG OWNERS...

COBRA OWNERS: Being able to make MAJOR HP numbers with little mods will not always mean you win the race. your KB hasnt lost.....yet. you will lose to cars with slightly less power and less weight sometimes.

CORVETTE OWNERS: ALL the aero and weights savings your car has wont save your ass every time in a race. You will lose to cars that weigh more, with more power sometimes....

MustangThief

Established Member
I don't know who the hell you have been racing, but a stock pullied Cobra can pull a stock C5 Z06. I did it with 2 different stock C5 Z's. Ran several times with the same out come. I only had CAI, catback, ported TB, and Nitto drag radials at the time of those races(almost 4 years ago). You must get lucky and run into shit drivers.

Will someone with a basic pullied car(who can actually drive) show this gentleman the truth.

And don't think I'm nut-swinging for these cars thinking they unbeatable b/c that is FAR from the truth. I'm actually a GM guy and worked on LSx's way before I got into the 03'-04' world. I'm just telling you the truth.

Best post ever?

JMD0346

Established Member
Thats some good racing. IMO had it been a 2.76 pullied coupe it wouldnt even be a race. Id say a exhasut, cai, tune Cobra is a good match up for a stock Z. If you think about it a Cobra with those few mods puts down 400-420rwhp. A stock Z puts down 340-360 I guess from what Ive seen. SO youre talking a 40-60 rwhp power difference. Plenty enough to make up the weight difference. Id say that would be a good match up with competent drivers.

A pullied up Cobra... Not so much. Now I know A stock Z can beat a pulley cobra but with both having good drivers it just aint gonna happen. This last vid proved it. That cobra just flat out out powered the Z.

JMD0346

Established Member
man, Z driver said cobra won by one car but i saw good 3 cars. My race was just like that, i was pulling away just like that and Z driver was one good driver. and 01qwickcobra is my witness :beer:

we will see how JD's race goes.

LOL Yeah it was more than any one damn car. I cant believe he said that knowing the vid was gonna be up. That was a good 3+ cars when they let out and the Cobra was steady pulling. It would have got worse till 150+.

Zincvert03

Banana Rocket
Established Member
Heres a short vid of me racing a C5Z. The Z had exhaust and intake, and I think a 100 shot but he wasn't spraying on this run. He ran an 11.4 off the sauce. All I had was exhaust so I'm pretty sure I'll run em down with a pulley, intake, tune and he isn't even stock. And I had my top down! :lol1:

th_bda96321.jpg

JMD0346

Established Member
Heres a short vid of me racing a C5Z. The Z had exhaust and intake, and I think a 100 shot but he wasn't spraying on this run. He ran an 11.4 off the sauce. All I had was exhaust so I'm pretty sure I'll run em down with a pulley, intake, tune and he isn't even stock. And I had my top down! :lol1:

th_bda96321.jpg

LOL Yeah with a pulley you would have blown by that Z. From the vid Id have to say its not an 11.40 car either. I mean hell you kept up with it pretty good. Like I said above a stock C5Z and a exhaust, CAI Cobra is a good race.

A good running BPU Cobra with a good driver is gonna beat a stock or mildly modded C5Z. Its just numbers playing out.

Heck Id take it as a compliment if I was the Z guys. Jesus youve got a stock car that we have to have 80-100 more hp to outrun!

Although it is apples and oranges really. World class sports car against a old American Muscle car.

IMO the 03/04 Cobra is the last of the real American Muscle cars. Just my opinion.

JD_Z28

Established Member
I found a vid of a 2.76 pullied Cobra vert against a stock Z06. Why is it that the Cobra didn't kill the Z06 in this run or in mine? I'm really starting to think there is more to this.

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=b_rW0XMMoog"]YouTube - Z06 vs Pullied Cobra[/ame]

JMD0346

Established Member
I found a vid of a 2.76 pullied Cobra vert against a stock Z06. Why is it that the Cobra didn't kill the Z06 in this run or in mine? I'm really starting to think there is more to this.

YouTube - Z06 vs Pullied Cobra

Because there is so much more to it than just mods. I mean really man. Dont we all know that? Either car is slow on a shift or a launch and its good bye. Ill argue the point till the end that as I said a "properly" driven good running pullied Cobra against a stock or simple mod Z the Cobra is gonna and should win. Its just fact. You can argue all you want but it doesnt change the fact. Yes its not such a difference that even shitty drivers in Cobras can win but a competent driver should win hands down. It just makes enough power to overcome the weight difference.

I mean that last vid the Cobra started behind the Vette and left behind him and still went by him. It showed with out a doubt the power difference between the two cars. The Cobra didnt out drive him. He out powered him. He out ran him.

dredg9

Established Member
i have beaten a stock z06 in my buick. Whats your point? Theres alot of variables that come into play. A pullied cobra SHOULD be faster than a stock z06.

THAITED

Established Member
In the video, it looked like a Cobra did a granny shift. It might be a difference outcome with a good driver. I used to have stock 4.6 with Paxton running 10 psi. That time my rwhp was 425 and 380 rwtqr. I beat a Z06 but not by much, his front fender was at my door. I didn't know whether he had a stick shift or automatic (I could only hear my exhaust at a time) but I did beat him.

JMD0346

Established Member
Those guys on LS1tech are arguing over the goddamn video. I mean they have video of it and are still arguing. Thers a still pic that shows the Cobra out 3 lengths and started from 1/2 a length down and they are still trying to argue about it.

The driver is saying I let off at one car length when you can clearly hear him at full tilt when the cobra is 3+ up on him. Ive never seen such BS.

dredg9

Established Member
thats why i dont go to ls1tech, around town here i really havent has much competition from a basically stock ls1 but on that site every stock one runs mid 12s.

JD_Z28

Established Member
In the video, it looked like a Cobra did a granny shift. It might be a difference outcome with a good driver. I used to have stock 4.6 with Paxton running 10 psi. That time my rwhp was 425 and 380 rwtqr. I beat a Z06 but not by much, his front fender was at my door. I didn't know whether he had a stick shift or automatic (I could only hear my exhaust at a time) but I did beat him.

All Z06's are 6spds.

Evil_SVT

Established Member

OMG Here we go with the loser bringing out the :bs: flag becasue he got spanked...

Users who are viewing this thread