Another Terminator Clone Build Thread

Bullitt1448

Established Member
It’s back on its feet for the first time in ages. Don’t get too excited though, I just put it on the floor to put the windshield back in it. The windshield arrives on Tuesday. I decided on one with no pony this time, just to be a little different than the rest of the herd. Still lots to do before it sees the street again.

Attachments

• IMG_5657.jpeg
    IMG_5657.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5656.jpeg
    IMG_5656.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5655.jpeg
    IMG_5655.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 101

jessie_sanders

Established Member
What an awesome build. It's a nod to the terminator but with your own style for flare. No corners have been cut and it's all coming together. This is what it's all about man. Good on you. Can't wait for the next update

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Bullitt1448

Established Member
What an awesome build. It's a nod to the terminator but with your own style for flare. No corners have been cut and it's all coming together. This is what it's all about man. Good on you. Can't wait for the next update

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the great words, while I respect the stock cobras and probably should have one, my tastes lean a little more to the things that are just a little different, not too far out there, just not the same as what comes out of the factory.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I get that. I would suggest running some extra wires to the aux plug on the MS3 and labeling them and tucking them behind the glove box or something. I'm still wanting to add a couple things, but I'm being lazy about pulling the ECU again.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I get that. I would suggest running some extra wires to the aux plug on the MS3 and labeling them and tucking them behind the glove box or something. I'm still wanting to add a couple things, but I'm being lazy about pulling the ECU again.
Good suggestion, I will do that! A guy never knows what he will want to do in the future

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
She is starting to look north of awesome now. I love the paint color, of course, and love that you're doing a solid Terminator clone that isn't too far left of factory, but just enough to make it really personal. The finished product is going to be a stunner! You're doing it right in so many ways!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
She is starting to look north of awesome now. I love the paint color, of course, and love that you're doing a solid Terminator clone that isn't too far left of factory, but just enough to make it really personal. The finished product is going to be a stunner! You're doing it right in so many ways!
Thanks Bob. It is moving forward very slowly, any progress is good though. The plan has always been to have the general look of a terminator but with enough minor differences so that someone that knows anything about the cars knows it isn’t a “real” one. Pretty much I am following the advice I give to others, “build what you like and enjoy it”. I know there are a lot of purists out there that cringe at the word clone but that is their problem, I am not trying to pass this off as a “real deal” car. I am having a great time working on it and I do love the look so far. Can’t wait to get it on the road!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Didn’t get a lot done today but managed to get the spoiler on and the wiring harness and trunk latch hardware installed today. The spoiler is an aftermarket piece so as with most aftermarket stuff it doesn’t fit perfectly. I will pull it apart at see if I can get it to fit a little better. I have been reading online about putting either 2sided tape or foam weatherstripping under the front edge, does any one have experience with either? What’s on a factory piece?

Attachments

• 72117985079__2C5D3208-6E63-4648-AF85-97D387B31497.jpeg
    72117985079__2C5D3208-6E63-4648-AF85-97D387B31497.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 72117982871__693C74EC-1DB5-4B00-A9AC-DA8D4213CC11.jpeg
    72117982871__693C74EC-1DB5-4B00-A9AC-DA8D4213CC11.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 69

03' White Snake

Established Member
Didn’t get a lot done today but managed to get the spoiler on and the wiring harness and trunk latch hardware installed today. The spoiler is an aftermarket piece so as with most aftermarket stuff it doesn’t fit perfectly. I will pull it apart at see if I can get it to fit a little better. I have been reading online about putting either 2sided tape or foam weatherstripping under the front edge, does any one have experience with either? What’s on a factory piece?
Factory has a thin piece of foam on the front edge. Mine stuck out on 1 side and drove me crazy. I pulled spoiler and trimmed it so it’s not visible anymore. Did this 15+ years ago.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
that looks really good for aftermarket, it looks identical to oem

03' White Snake

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Would you guesstimate about 1/8” thick or less?
I remember it being really thin. Id guess 1/16” or less. Maybe because it was compressed for a few years. Google images of a OEM spoiler and look for an image of the underside. You will see the tiny strip of foam on some of them. Or look on eBay for images for sale might be easier.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Thanks, I will see what I can find out
Look at this spoiler for sale on Ebay, on the bottom, you can see part of the foam left I am talking about. It is really thin double sided tape, probably 3M.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Look at this spoiler for sale on Ebay, on the bottom, you can see part of the foam left I am talking about. It is really thin double sided tape, probably 3M.

I just had a look, it does look like 2 sided tape. I happen to have some 3M two sided tape. it'sa little wider but about the same thickeness *1/16?) I will give it a shot. thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread