Another Terminator Clone Build Thread

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I started on putting the wiring back in the trunk and interior today. Only thing I don’t have yet is the third brake light. The taillights are smoked so I ordered a smoked third brake light a couple days ago. I have the stock tails and an OEM 3rd brake light if I decide to change them out one day. I had all the wiring out for the bodywork and sound deadening and I have all the terminator wiring harnesses so considering it isn’t any more work to put the terminator harnesses in than it is the GT stuff the choice was pretty easy to do that. Still wondering if I should pull the dash out and change that harness too. I have the terminator one so all it will cost is time, probably going to do just to save any doubts down the road about issues that may come up as far as the dash goes. I am this far into it, I don’t see the point us stopping now especially since unless I break something there is no monetary cost involved

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This 3M tape for automotive use is 1/40 inch. Might be too thin, but I wanted to offer it up as an option.

3M .025 Double-Sided Tape on Amazon

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Thanks for the link Bob, I have some here I will try out, it’s fairly thin although I have not measured it, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
needed to take my mind off the wiring for awhile so I started putting on the Wilwoods. I think they look pretty decent. The 18” AFS reps clear the 14” rotors and Superlight 6 piston calipers easily. They should add some additional braking, not that it was bad before. Learned something the other day, park brake switch is different on the 99-01 cars vs the 02-04 cars so I ordered a new one and put it in today

Attachments

• IMG_5678.jpeg
    IMG_5678.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5677.jpeg
    IMG_5677.jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 80

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Sorry for the delay in updating and no more pics at the moment. I managed to scrounge a Cobra 3rd brake light harness from Fleabay. It hasn’t arrived yet but should be here this week. I really didn’t want to chop into the GT one and Mickey Mouse the the wiring to new 3rd brake light. I have been busy doing some of the more mundane things, a little wiring and running new stainless brake lines. Once I have the brake lines run I will start on the blower install.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Stole an idea from another thread that I don’t recall the OP’s profile name but thank you very much for the idea OP, going to get this together in the next couple of days hopefully and get it installed on the car.

Attachments

• IMG_5713.jpeg
    IMG_5713.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 83

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That polished Whipple is going to make that motor POP every time you open the hood. Takes me back to the polished, ported Eaton I had on my old '03 Cobra. It pulled compliments like a huge magnet. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Thanks Bob. I have always been hooked on shiny engine bays with lots of braided stainless lines. Takes me back to my youth I guess

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Not much new happening today. sorted out some bits for the fuel system, cleaned up a little, cleaned and primed some brackets. Figured out I am going to have to order a few more fittings from Fore. Still rooting through some stuff I know I have, just need to remember where I it….. damn old age

Last edited:

Bullitt1448

Established Member
God bless your soul for trying to lug that thing in by yourself. The weight isn’t the entire issue, just the awkward shape.

I saw someone on here a long time ago post that he uses his cherry picker and straps. Don’t break your back or anything else on the car.
Thanks for the wishes. I will likely do the cherry picker thing, I don’t want to damage the car or the blower and not a chance in hell that I need to get hurt at my age

Users who are viewing this thread