Another incedent with Open Carry..

hittinboost

Established Member
The guy knew and exercised his rights. He may have come across as a d-bag but he was not in the wrong...at all. The cop was.

blacksrt

Established Member
I support this guy........... He may have been a dick but he is proving a point.

bull3441

Established Member
We in NY are not brought up with dudes packing heat on their belt, so seeing a man that's packing here in NY is cause for concern.

Oh and dicks does not sell hand guns, just rifles. Good catch.
Call me dumb, stupid, uneducated etc. I like you are too busy working and spending time with my family to worry about "The Government" treading on my right to carry guns. I'm a LEO and don't carry everywhere I go even though I can. I know where the assholes are and I stay away from them and mind my own business.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
As a current gun store owner, a member of NRA, and a former LEO, I can honestly say I think some of these "open carry" guys seeking out this type of attention are only hurting our gun rights. I know their intent is good, but it really does cast a bad shadow on gun owners when they do this repeatedly.

The officers responding are stuck in a bad position too, as they HAVE to respond to gun calls from citizens, but are then confronted with a Youtube video shooting/court case quoting individual.

bull3441

Established Member
As a current gun store owner, a member of NRA, and a former LEO, I can honestly say I think some of these "open carry" guys seeking out this type of attention are only hurting our gun rights. I know their intent is good, but it really does cast a bad shadow on gun owners when they do this repeatedly.

The officers responding are stuck in a bad position too, as they HAVE to respond to gun calls from citizens, but are then confronted with a Youtube video shooting/court case quoting individual.
Thats' the truth right there.

snakebite72

Established Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you... I agree 100% but also keep in mind that some cops abuse their power and has lead to this... people standing up for their rights and educating themselves to confront the officer.

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
Thank you... I agree 100%
There was a 9-1-1 call, the cop HAS TO RESPOND! If the cop didn't respond to a gun call and someone got shot people would be crying for the cops head. you can't have it both ways. is the law perfect? no. it is what it is. the guys civil liberties weren't violated. it's not like the douche was coughed and detained for hours. what pussy *** records shit and post it on youtube? that's nerd pussy sh*t. I'm not attacking you or or going off on you. the cop has to respond, now did he want to run ID for a warrant check yes. now again imagine the media and public cries when it's found out that police had a person stopped and let them go etc. the cop has to CYA because of BS. the cop was polite and professional, if he was being a tool then that's another story. I am a cop and can't stand the buff douche cops, they make my job harder.

Last edited:

tony soprano

Established Member

You know who are hurting our gun rights far, far more than these "open carry" guys? The people in this thread that have zero understanding of the rights afforded to them by law, much of which was derived by the constitution and further clarified by case law cited by the guy in the video. Yeah, the same dbags that are clueless of what the actual laws are but spout endlessly on how it should be. The ones that would piss on my rights in the name of expediency, piss on my rights to make a cop's job easier, and piss on my rights because it's a big scary world out there and it makes them nervous to see someone walking down the street with a holstered gun. Those people are eroding my gun rights far more than the guy in the video.

VNMOUS1

Established Member

+1

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
There was a 9-1-1 call, the cop HAS TO RESPOND! If the cop didn't respond to a gun call and someone got shot people would be crying for the cops head. you can't have it both ways. is the law perfect? no. it is what it is. the guys civil liberties weren't violated. it's not like the douche was coughed and detained for hours. what pussy *** records shit and post it on youtube? that's nerd pussy sh*t. I'm not attacking you or or going off on you. the cop has to respond, now did he want to run ID for a warrant check yes. now again imagine the media and public cries when it's found out that police had a person stopped and let them go etc.

^^This.
Tough spot for the LEO.

It would look so much better if he educated the LEO without being a dick about it.

Why not say, "Yes officer I will show you my ID so you know who I am and I have nothing to hide. However, understand that I do not have to. Due to Gov vs whoever I do not have to show you and I'm doing nothing illegal, etc.....

He can educate if that is what he is after without looking like a douchbag.

IMO it would be much more effective.
And to add, if it happens again the LEO will know who he is dealing with and that all is OK.
The LEO would have walked away remembering more info instead of walking away cursing the asshole.
I'll bet he remembers nothing but how the guy was a dick to him.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
The best way to support our 2nd amendment rights is to vote for candidates who support gun owners, and to join the NRA. The NRA fights harder than anyone to protect our gun rights, and fight against those in government trying to erase them. Our voices are heard clearer through voting, and supporting the NRA, than they are posting up these Youtube videos.

If your not voting, and not support the efforts in place to protect our rights.... all you are doing is crying and complaining, and not helping the issue.

STANGMAN93

Established Member
What a bunch of pussies some of you are. This guy made the stop harder for himself by the way he responded but was spot on with every point he made. If a civilian had tried to pull the cops weapon from his holster as the cop did the the guy what do you think would happen? Do ya'll think that cops have "special" rights? Wake the **** up.

I would have shown him my ID as a courtesy but not my firearm. I bet some of you like the outlaw of large sugar sodas in New York too? They are only forcing you to learn about healthy alternatives. haha

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
You know who are hurting our gun rights far, far more than these "open carry" guys? The people in this thread that have zero understanding of the rights afforded to them by law, much of which was derived by the constitution and further clarified by case law cited by the guy in the video. Yeah, the same dbags that are clueless of what the actual laws are but spout endlessly on how it should be. The ones that would piss on my rights in the name of expediency, piss on my rights to make a cop's job easier, and piss on my rights because it's a big scary world out there and it makes them nervous to see someone walking down the street with a holstered gun. Those people are eroding my gun rights far more than the guy in the video.

I understand what you are saying but have you looked at crime stats?

He/You (And me too) want our rights to carry. However, what about the rights of the people who live on that street to let their children play outside without worring about idiots or criminals.

There is nothing wrong with calling to have something checked out.
It isn't the norm to have people walking down the street packing in the open.
(Although I think we need to go back in time and everyone open carry)
So for kids to have the right to feel safe it is a simple yes sir, I know my rights but here ya go. Run my background so I can be on my way.

LEO is just doing what he is told to do. If you think he is excited in most cases to confront someone with a gun you would be wrong 99% of the time.

bull3441

Established Member
What a bunch of pussies some of you are. This guy made the stop harder for himself by the way he responded but was spot on with every point he made. If a civilian had tried to pull the cops weapon from his holster as the cop did the the guy what do you think would happen? Do ya'll think that cops have "special" rights? Wake the **** up.

I would have shown him my ID as a courtesy but not my firearm. I bet some of you like the outlaw of large sugar sodas in New York too? They are only forcing you to learn about healthy alternatives. haha
On the soda thing, that's because the majority of residence in NYC on some sort of P.A. these fat bastard live on fried junk food and soda. they all either have asthma or diabetes and we flip the bill. you have people who are on life long SSI because they have "learning disabilities". if you really want to see where your $ is being wasted, go to any court house or social welfare building in NYC. all the big talkers here wouldn't last two minutes in East New York or Washington Heights with these animals. if you ever come to NYC i will hook you up with a ride-a-long and maybe you would appreciate a cop a little more.

bull3441

Established Member
I understand what you are saying but have you looked at crime stats?

He/You (And me too) want our rights to carry. However, what about the rights of the people who live on that street to let their children play outside without worring about idiots or criminals.

There is nothing wrong with calling to have something checked out.
It isn't the norm to have people walking down the street packing in the open.
(Although I think we need to go back in time and everyone open carry)
So for kids to have the right to feel safe it is a simple yes sir, I know my rights but here ya go. Run my background so I can be on my way.

LEO is just doing what he is told to do. If you think he is excited in most cases to confront someone with a gun you would be wrong 99% of the time.
Never ever go by crime stats, they are fudged in every department. just some FYI. the D.A. drop top charges to a lesser a lot to fudge #'s. remember the D.A. is elected and crime rates matter to him/her. NYPD got exposed about fudging the #'s. they've done it as long as i've been on and when my father was on also.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I don't need or mean actual numbers or stats. I watch the news every day. BR is averaging about a shooting a day.
Other areas less but still. Shootings happening in small towns that never heard of shootings before.
It is all around us.

Every time I turn it on it is "Shots Fired"

Hell, look at this one, And as the OP said, Would open/conceal carry maybe prevent some deaths?
Probably,
But what if someone saw him first and called it in? Do you expect the LEO to not go?
Not ask for ID?
Shit can go both ways.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/854246-seattle-shooting.html

STANGMAN93

Established Member
On the soda thing, that's because the majority of residence in NYC on some sort of P.A. these fat bastard live on fried junk food and soda. they all either have asthma or diabetes and we flip the bill. you have people who are on life long SSI because they have "learning disabilities". if you really want to see where your $ is being wasted, go to any court house or social welfare building in NYC. all the big talkers here wouldn't last two minutes in East New York or Washington Heights with these animals. if you ever come to NYC i will hook you up with a ride-a-long and maybe you would appreciate a cop a little more.

I respect cops plenty. No problems there. The problem isn't these people being diabetic or obese because of their choices, but from us letting our government to become their answer. They have the right to put in there body all that crap. They just don't want to be accountable for the problems it makes.

Your are right about money being wasted, I don't have to travel to NY to see it. The waste is everywhere.

I did my ride alongs in the USMC....the cops should ride with me. haha

Users who are viewing this thread