Another incedent with Open Carry..

mr2cam

Established Member
[youtube_browser]jfdEbe7e9GE#![/youtube_browser]

For the record if I ever get stopped for open carrying my gun, I show my ID.. Why make enemies with the police.. I just don't get it.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
What a douche.. Just give the cop what he wants, if a felon was carrying on his hip, would you like his info? I would like to take hat gun, and shoot that guy in the face... Suspenders.... C'mon, he's carrying because if he wasn't I would pound his face in with my fist. So he left, and no one knows if he was legally carrying?

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I've seen worse...... but I just don't get why you'd want to deliberately put yourself in that situation. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

mr2cam

Established Member
What a douche.. Just give the cop what he wants, if a felon was carrying on his hip, would you like his info? I would like to take hat gun, and shoot that guy in the face... Suspenders.... C'mon, he's carrying because if he wasn't I would pound his face in with my fist. So he left, and no one knows if he was legally carrying?

Well to be fair most felons wouldn't be open carrying lol, but ya I agree with the rest

mr2cam

Established Member
I've seen worse...... but I just don't get why you'd want to deliberately put yourself in that situation. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I open carry during the summer time, mainly because I don't have a good concealed holster (even though I have my permit) and during the summer it's kinda hard to conceal my gun anyway, I also live in an area that is very lax about open carry, never been stopped once for it.

But this guy obviously knew he was going to get stopped, it sounds like they have been having problems in that area, so he was inviting them into an ambush where he tried to make them look stupid when all he did was make himself look like an asshat.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Yep, another jackass making a public display of himself exercising his rights. Not saying there is something wrong with exercising his rights. Just needs to make his point and move on. No need to post it on youtube. The more idiots like this do this, the more attention it brings to the anti gun activists. IMO it works against a persons right to carry more then it helps.

chrisheltra

Established Member
As stupid as he may be for obviously starting trouble it sounds like he was correct, well educate on the subject and well withing his legal rights where as the people withholding the law were not as much.

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
As stupid as he may be for obviously starting trouble, It sounds like he was correct, well educated on the subject and well within his legal rights; where as the people withholding the law were not as much.

Just a stupid **** who read a book and think he is a lawyer now and wanted to try and show off to the internet world.

Agree with both parts.

I give him credit on having knowledge of the force (refrain from Star Wars joke). However he was also being a flat out dick. The cop was just trying to prevent a potential threat. He could have simply handed his ID and off he would go no questions asked.

Last edited:

RichM1983

Established Member
Ugh..... Just do as the cop asked....it is simple. If you've done nothing wrong shoot the breeze with the cop let him check it out and move on. That guy is in the running for the "Biggest Douche in the Universe."

It seems he was out looking for this confrontation.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
When people call about someone carrying a gun in the open, the police can't just shrug someone off because they sound educated.

Serial killers are educated too, and look what happens there.

Why don't this asswipe just show his ID and get going? Cop's just doing his job, I hate that everyone's got a camera phone and trying to F the Police.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
AWESOME! Glad to see someone stand up for their rights.

Agree with him 100%.

Perhaps the police and citizens of Maine need to educate themselves.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
I hate that everyone's got a camera phone and trying to F the Police.

:rollseyes

Trust me, bro, the police are doing a great job of that on their own. They don't need any help from people with camera phones.

CobraKid04

Established Member
AWESOME! Glad to see someone stand up for their rights.

Agree with him 100%.

Perhaps the police and citizens of Maine need to educate themselves.

How is that standing up for your rights? If the cops were telling the guy to put his gun away or leave, then he can stand up for his rights. The Officer just wanted to make sure the guy wasn't some crazy guy who decided to carry his gun and shoot everyone up. The guy is a clown.

Leo's please inform me as to why the Police do not have a right to detain and individual with a gun? Given that a man with a gun is walking down the street, don't the police have a right to stop him to see his permit? Isn't that the point of a permit, so if you get stopped you have proof. I don't understand. wouldn't it be a crime to carry the gun if he didn't have a permit?

Couldn't the cop just have said yea, I suspect you of not having permit? Then couldn't the cop detain and have the right to gather the information.

SHOdown220

Established Member
How is that standing up for your rights? If the cops were telling the guy to put his gun away or leave, then he can stand up for his rights. The Officer just wanted to make sure the guy wasn't some crazy guy who decided to carry his gun and shoot everyone up. The guy is a clown.

Leo's please inform me as to why the Police do not have a right to detain and individual with a gun? Given that a man with a gun is walking down the street, don't the police have a right to stop him to see his permit? Isn't that the point of a permit, so if you get stopped you have proof. I don't understand. wouldn't it be a crime to carry the gun if he didn't have a permit?

Couldn't the cop just have said yea, I suspect you of not having permit? Then couldn't the cop detain and have the right to gather the information.

Not disagreeing with you at all because I am one for gun rights whether concealed or open and this guy is just looking for trouble and making us look bad. However some states do not require a permit of any kind to open carry a firearm, just one to conceal. Just wanted to clarify that for you, although I'm not sure what state this guy is in.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
How is that standing up for your rights?

We have a right to be secure in our persons. In Maine, you have the RIGHT (there's that word again) to open carry a firearm.

The Officer just wanted to make sure the guy wasn't some crazy guy who decided to carry his gun and shoot everyone up.

The cop has no right to do that. The cop must first suspect or witness a crime

clearly

NO, They can't for the same reason they can't pull over a law abiding citizen and ask for their permits...BC THEY ARE NOT BREAKING THE LAW OR UNDER SUSPICION OF BREAKING THE LAW!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
NO, They can't for the same reason they can't pull over a law abiding citizen and ask for their permits...BC THEY ARE NOT BREAKING THE LAW OR UNDER SUSPICION OF BREAKING THE LAW!

Guess they do not have a right to perform a DUI stop either. I suppose the Fish and Game could not ask me for my license as well :sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread