Amazon Sucks

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I'm sure everyone now knows that Amazon will be adding commercials to the "free" videos you are now paying $15/M to watch as part of your Prime membership. Luckily, you can pay an additional $3/M to skip the commercials.

This falls in line with everyone else. My wife bought Disney LBGTQP+ and Hulu, both are caulk full of commercials since she didn't pay the upcharge. I know Netflix has a whole bunch of tiered pricing to get HD video and no commercials. Lets not forget YouTube Premium for $10/m (Hint, use BRAVE)

We've come full circle basically - you had Cable TV and Premium Cable Stations to minimize commercials but everyone got sick of having to buy a $120/M bundle to get the content they wanted. Now, you have to subscribe to +5 different subscription services and pay upcharges to have a commercial free, HD viewing experience that adds up to $113.92/M, so much for saving on cutting the cable.

But that's not what I'm actually bitching about. I'm more salty that in the last 5 years Amazon as a purchasing service has become absolute trash. It's all counterfeits and Chinese knock off. Everything on it can be found on AliExpress for less but with 3-5 day shipping. Toyota and AC Delco parts sold on Amazon are counterfeit, any tool or shop supply you get is trash. The USB cords, etc suck.

Louis does a great job in this video explaining it. This has been my EXACT experience. Better off at Harbor Freight.

Step away from the keyboard and commence drinking Jethro.
And turn the old boom box to the Classic Rock station.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I rarely watch anything live. I record it and fast forward through the commercials when I watch.
I have Amazon Prime, but do not watch anything on their streaming service. I get prime for the shipping and nothing else.
When I lived in the Seattle area, it was awesome to order something before 9 am and have it on your doorstep that afternoon.
Now, living in the middle of Maine, 2 day shipping means that it might get shipped in 2 days, and you might get it 2 days after that. I order stuff maybe once a month. Not even sure the Prime membership is actually saving me any money.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

I think the OP has some valid points

Screenshot_20231230_184545.jpeg

Last edited:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I got scammed of $650. Bought 3 new 12TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD on Black Friday from Amazon. Store made it appear it was coming from Seagate. Took three weeks to get here. They were packed in clear cases, didn't look right. No warranty card or any documentation. Looked on YouTube for an unboxing, and no way did I get a new product or packaging.

Read some reviews of the seller dated mid Dec, and people were leaving one stars. Some said when they went to register for the warranty, Seagate said the serial numbers were for Asian markets, and would not honor them for US warranties. Other people claimed DOAs, and suspected this company was buying refurbished Asian drives, and repackaging them. I just mailed them back, without opening them. I ****ing better get my $650 back! Only good thing is they are getting returned to Amazon, not the orginal seller.

20231229_092638.jpeg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have a couple counterfeit Timken hub assemblies from Amazon (sold by 3rd party - shipped by Amazon) that my Dad ordered sitting in my garage waiting to be returned. The shipped and sold by Amazon ones are the real deal made in the USA. I went ahead and ordered 2 more sold that way.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a couple counterfeit Timken hub assemblies from Amazon (sold by 3rd party - shipped by Amazon) that my Dad ordered sitting in my garage waiting to be returned. The shipped and sold by Amazon ones are the real deal made in the USA. I went ahead and ordered 2 more sold that way.

My experience is Rock Auto typically comes out cheaper and I don't have to deal with returns.

rborden

Established Member
Movieparadise.org with a Rapidgator.net subscription to download.

Every movie, tv show and documentary commercial free.

**** all these streaming companies and their woke agendas, commercials and other garbage.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How long has Movieparadise.org been in existence? Any issues?

robvas

Established Member
I got scammed of $650. Bought 3 new 12TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD on Black Friday from Amazon. Store made it appear it was coming from Seagate. Took three weeks to get here. They were packed in clear cases, didn't look right. No warranty card or any documentation. Looked on YouTube for an unboxing, and no way did I get a new product or packaging.

Read some reviews of the seller dated mid Dec, and people were leaving one stars. Some said when they went to register for the warranty, Seagate said the serial numbers were for Asian markets, and would not honor them for US warranties. Other people claimed DOAs, and suspected this company was buying refurbished Asian drives, and repackaging them. I just mailed them back, without opening them. I ****ing better get my $650 back! Only good thing is they are getting returned to Amazon, not the orginal seller.

View attachment 1823209
Those plastic cases are called Seashells (from Seagate, get it?) and that's how they ship a lot of drives. I've ordered hundreds of them like that.

It is fishy that they are sending you gray market drives though.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Those plastic cases are called Seashells (from Seagate, get it?) and that's how they ship a lot of drives. I've ordered hundreds of them like that.

I had to build an appellate case in law school about gray market goods. I demolished my opponent (who had the far better case to argue) because I was the only one in the room who could do math.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
What about the fact there was no warranty card or documentation? Did you get any of that in your Seashells? I also compared it to an unboxing video on YT. Will order from a better store, probably B+H Photo. Thanks!

Blown 89

Established Member
My experience is Rock Auto typically comes out cheaper and I don't have to deal with returns.
I'm at about a 30% hit rate for Rock Auto parts actually working right now. Alternators for instance.....I had to order three before I got one that actually worked. I have a hard time recommending them to anyone at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread