Amazon Sucks

VegasMichael

Established Member
Most are too young to remember, but:

1) Back in the 70's when cable tv really got rolling, its selling point was that there was zero ads. You paid for zero ads.

2) Public Broadcasting System (PBS) was supposed to have zero ads. They were and continue to be, taxpayer funded, supplemented with endowments and grants from left organizations like... Ford.

Add in PBS's non-profit Children's Television Workshop (CTW), Sesame Workshop (SW). Today worth millions, probably closer to a billion.
I remember that about the early days of cable. Their other selling point was that they offered movies with no editing so you could now hear the curse words and see boobies. PRISM was what was offered back then in Philadelphia.

I believe cable pretty much eliminated the big satellite dishes you used to see in people's yards too.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Would or have you purchased that bike?
I have sincerely given these knock offs, consumables and some tools a shot. Some are good, some are dangerous junk.

I can't speak for the actual motorcycles and dirt bikes. However many of the scooters are actually good but theirs been scandals where 50cc units are actually 73, 80 or God forbid 100cc.

That said, Honda a scooters are still significantly better built and higher quality. There is a difference in that $800 China Scooter and $3,200 Honda.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Between the wife and I we buy a fair am0unt of stuff from Amazon. Prime member here so the TV part is just a bonus. Amazon has a great return policy if the item isn't what you expected, or is damaged.
Same, we buy a ton. My wife like the free books she gets on her iPad. I do shop around though depending on what it is, and I'm a big research guy before I buy.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Between the wife and I we buy a fair am0unt of stuff from Amazon. Prime member here so the TV part is just a bonus. Amazon has a great return policy if the item isn't what you expected, or is damaged.
This is why we have prime also. The movies/tv is a bonus. We typically watch shows we have bought already so no ads anyway.

Advertising is never going away…get used to it or go live under a rock.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Does PHub have a monthly streaming service :ROFLMAO:

I'm surprised Roku TVs doesn't come with an App.
Lol no shit.. you can’t even load a naughty app on any of these devices like the firetv, roku, apple tv etc… of course you can jail break them and or DIY one, but I don’t want a ****ing science project… Plug and play out of the box is what we need here.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol no shit.. you can’t even load a naughty app on any of these devices like the firetv, roku, apple tv etc… of course you can jail break them and or DIY one, but I don’t want a ****ing science project… Plug and play out of the box is what we need here.

Should start a petition stating that these companies are blocking it because they hate the LGBTQI+ content.

Bigots don't want kids watching Midget Drag Queens.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
We've come full circle basically - you had Cable TV and Premium Cable Stations to minimize commercials but everyone got sick of having to buy a $120/M bundle to get the content they wanted. Now, you have to subscribe to +5 different subscription services and pay upcharges to have a commercial free, HD viewing experience that adds up to $113.92/M, so much for saving on cutting the cable.

But that's not what I'm actually bitching about. I'm more salty that in the last 5 years Amazon as a purchasing service has become absolute trash. It's all counterfeits and Chinese knock off. Everything on it can be found on AliExpress for less but with 3-5 day shipping. Toyota and AC Delco parts sold on Amazon are counterfeit, any tool or shop supply you get is trash. The USB cords, etc suck.
Right off the bat, commercial free of not, I like the ala carte choices. We have one app that costs $4.99 or so and although it doesn't have "live" television, it has the majority of major networks we watch. We get another "free" app through our internet service and it offers live television with major networks. Those two apps pretty much cover us.

If you think purchasing on Amazon has degraded over the years, yes I agree. Buyer beware especially when it comes to who is selling the item. Returns can be underhanded too. Choosing to have your card refunded is always hidden down below other less enticing return options.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I have Hulu Premium
I am very happy with Hulu
Amazon is the shit

Pitter, Patter

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have Hulu Premium
I am very happy with Hulu
Amazon is the shit

Pitter, Patter
IMG_7544.gif

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I will say…the last probably year or so…Amazon deliveries have been more and more pushing back from their original “delivery date”. It’s about 50/50 that our orders come on the date that they commit to. Just happened again today.

I also expect their membership fees to go up once their delivery drivers unionize and pull a UPS. Convenience is never free.

Blown 89

Established Member
I will say…the last probably year or so…Amazon deliveries have been more and more pushing back from their original “delivery date”. It’s about 50/50 that our orders come on the date that they commit to. Just happened again today.

I also expect their membership fees to go up once their delivery drivers unionize and pull a UPS. Convenience is never free.
That's everything in supply chains right now. I can't figure out why. Everyone's volumes in packaging are plummeting too. I think capital is shrinking for a lot of companies, I'm looking for an exit strategy for both of my businesses right now. Missing my son grow up for peanuts isn't worth it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

I talked to my regular guy, he said it's a bitch with help. Mine has still been pretty normal.

Users who are viewing this thread