Amazon Sucks

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm at about a 30% hit rate for Rock Auto parts actually working right now. Alternators for instance.....I had to order three before I got one that actually worked. I have a hard time recommending them to anyone at this point.
to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

i think the most bitched about parts I see from all vendors are alternators and starters being junk out of the box, regardless of seller

robvas

Established Member
What about the fact there was no warranty card or documentation? Did you get any of that in your Seashells? I also compared it to an unboxing video on YT. Will order from a better store, probably B+H Photo. Thanks!

Sounds like they got some drives they shouldn't have, or a deal on some....explains the lack of documentation.

Mine all usually came from CDW, Newegg, Connection, whoever we could order a case of drives from.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm at about a 30% hit rate for Rock Auto parts actually working right now. Alternators for instance.....I had to order three before I got one that actually worked. I have a hard time recommending them to anyone at this point.

Rockauto does not make alternators.

You still have to buy reputable brands and not just what is cheapest.

rborden

Established Member
How long has Movieparadise.org been in existence? Any issues?
Quite awhile. At least 7-8 years. Never had an issue. Occasionally the wrong episode gets uploaded but just leave a comment below and they will fix it quickly.

It's all off shore too. Hence why DOJ has yet to touch it. I'm pretty sure it's hosted in Russia.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I have a couple counterfeit Timken hub assemblies from Amazon (sold by 3rd party - shipped by Amazon) that my Dad ordered sitting in my garage waiting to be returned. The shipped and sold by Amazon ones are the real deal made in the USA. I went ahead and ordered 2 more sold that way.
Pretty much this.

Amazon ships 3rd party vendor's stuff which can be counterfeit, people can easily mistake it as they can also ship via Prime.

Always be on a lookout on Sold and Shipped by Amazon, not just shipped by Amazon.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Pretty much this.

Amazon ships 3rd party vendor's stuff which can be counterfeit, people can easily mistake it as they can also ship via Prime.

Always be on a lookout on Sold and Shipped by Amazon, not just shipped by Amazon.

I got the updated parts in today. I'm going to shoot a video about it.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty much this.

Yup, all Toyota OEM items on Amazon are counterfeit. Lots of videos about that. You can only get official Toyota OEM items from a Toyota dealer, anyone not a dealer selling filters, axles, whatever, is selling counterfeit or reselling.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, all Toyota OEM items on Amazon are counterfeit. Lots of videos about that. You can only get official Toyota OEM items from a Toyota dealer, anyone not a dealer selling filters, axles, whatever, is selling counterfeit or reselling.
Great, now you got me worried about all the Motorcraft oil and air filters I buy.

Blown 89

Established Member
Rockauto does not make alternators.

You still have to buy reputable brands and not just what is cheapest.
AC Delco is a reputable brand....there are two in that box that I paid full retail for and they didn't accept the return:
20240104_124347_HDR.jpg

They've sent me the wrong parts on more than one occasion as well. I go elsewhere now for parts.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
AC Delco is a reputable brand....

Are they though?

It's OEM for GM, but you have to buy the right product line.

It's aftermarket for everyone else including junk Chinese Remains.

They've sent me the wrong parts on more than one occasion as well. I go elsewhere now for parts.

As in ordered wrong or sent wrong?

Like their website said a '05 Mustang Oil Filter is X-123 and you get X-123 and it doesn't work... Or you order X-123 and get an X-ABC?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Great, now you got me worried about all the Motorcraft oil and air filters I buy.
I've given up on the Motorcraft filters from Amazon. I had one show up with bad seal. Didn't figure that out until it leaked. Had another one show up with something loose inside. Then I had three different filters loosen up on three different vehicles. I run K&N now.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I put in an order at Rock Auto. I got my order, but also someone else's. They sent me a front hub/wheel bearing assembly for a Miata. Looked it up, it costs $145.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I've given up on the Motorcraft filters from Amazon. I had one show up with bad seal. Didn't figure that out until it leaked. Had another one show up with something loose inside. Then I had three different filters loosen up on three different vehicles. I run K&N now.
They probably were counterfeit, you really got to watch which vendors you buy from on amazon. I have gotten some bullshit before.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Makes you sweat a little waiting
^yeah those Seagate hard drives I bought for Black Friday, were total BS. Glad I got my $650 back! ****ers!

(Post #46^)
Americans have become complacent thinking someone is looking out for them. This a far from the case now that China has free access to our market.
I was shopping for Y axis power feed for a Bridgeport Mill, seems like a simple shopping task. Amazon links popped up like fireworks. Prices ranged from under $200 to $1200. I'm not a machinist, but a hobbyist. I looked at the reviews and pulled the trigger on Elcheepo. It showed up, the drive gear had no keyway cut to mate with the drive rod. No big deal, I fabricated a cutter and cut the keyway. I plugged it in and it tripped my GFI outlet. It had a three prong plug. So I bypassed the GFI and it worked fine. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that the power feed has no isolated ground. Normally you could look past something like this. However, if myself or worse my son was to use this Mill with coolant, it could be hazardous. THIS IS WERE UL CERTIFIED MEANS SOMETHING. I sent it back and had to explain the unit was dangerous to use around fluids or bolted to metal for that mater. They just don't have the same standards as US companies. I have other stories also that are direct safety concerns. I'll share at a latter date. BUYER BEWARE.
Screenshot_20240128-033352_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20240128-032535_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20240128-032237_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Frustrating that you can hardly buy anything and be guaranteed it is a genuine original part and not a counterfeit. Is it safe to say that things got way worse after 2020? Seems that way.

When I bought my Spyderco knife ($175), there were so many warnings about counterfeits that I took photos of the knife and sent them to Spyderco for OEM confirmation. Even then, they said the only way to guarantee it wasn't counterfeit was to ship it to them (they manufacture them in Colorado). Not doing that. Too inconvenient. Their customer service did say it looked original, but no guarantee. I'm content that it IS original, but it sucks that we're seeing so many counterfeit products flowing into the U.S. from China.

I won't even get into customer service! :mad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread