ALL MOTOR BOLT-ON & TUNED Motor failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
his car from his shop with their tuner does. it all it does is set records.

......edited to save thread. we all know my stance on AED.

He is a parts salesman... that is all. He is very good at selling parts at great prices, and offers great customer service. You guys act like he invented the paxton supercharger and tuned record setting cars.... HE SELLS PARTS

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
So we both agree that you're an asshole? ;)

LMFAO... that was actually pretty good

So, you wouldn't have defended LUND (not beefcake), if the title read "Beefcake/Lund tuned car, BLOWN MOTOR"

Last edited:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Of all the posts in this thread u pick this one to defend him against?

Are u following me? Creepy

Not everyone sees any wrong doing in anything I wrote or presented. Actually, its a few while I am still getting lots of support of good luck of that nature outside of this site. I have also heard ppl have taken this opportunity to both lift and bash this thread on fb...lol! Whatever at this point. If anyone does bash or speak negatively at this point, its irrelevant since it has been stated over and over my intentions and clearing up my reasons. Moving on... its even worthless to follow up with anything from hear on out. Shame. Lesson learned. There is no real help on a public forum.

Last edited:

yngrshr

Established Member
LMFAO... that was actually pretty good

In all reality, I think you can see where I am coming from re: my initial post, though. There's been more piling on the OP about his ****ing thread title than either 1) sympathies for his multi-thousand dollar blown engine or 2) anyone offering anything of substance regarding the blown engine.

I didn't think the OP came off as blaming AED more than just writing his initial post quickly after losing a few grand. I can't say that I would have written anything more eloquent than what he did.

Just my two cents, but I think the dude deserves a pass for some of the "harsh" language he used since I think he clarified it enough that he wasn't making this a bash thread.

:beer:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Not everyone sees any wrong doing in anything I wrote or presented. Actually, its a few while I am still getting lots of support of good luck of that nature outside of this site. I have also heard ppl have taken this opportunity to both lift and bash this thread on fb...lol! Whatever at this point. If anyone does bash or speak negatively at this point, its irrelevant since it has been stated over and over my intentions and clearing up my reasons. Moving on... its even worthless to follow up with anything from hear on out. Shame.

I have no problem with your post... it was simply the misleading title. You even know it was misleading, as you defended it in your original post. That's all.

Making thread titles like that does NOTHING but make it sound like AED was suspect in a blown motor. You know how forums work, poor worded titles like this can cause a business money... When you even admit you don't believe it had anything to do with the tune.

Last edited:

yngrshr

Established Member
I have no problem with your post... it was simply the misleading title. You even know it was misleading, as you defended it in your original post. That's all.

But you know what they say about books and titles and shit. I assume it is applicable to posts and titles, too.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member

Making thread titles like that does NOTHING but make it sound like AED was suspect in a blown motor. You know how forums work, poor worded titles like this can cause a business money... When you even admit you don't believe it had anything to do with the tune.

I felt there was nothing wrong... I am not a fkn idiot. I just KNEW how it was going to be taken so that ALONE required explanation... a lot of good that did. Thanks

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I felt there was nothing wrong... I am not a fkn idiot. I just KNEW how it was going to be taken so that ALONE required explanation... a lot of good that did. Thanks

My point exactly.... If you knew it would be taken wrong, why not change it before you posted?

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
My point exactly.... If you knew it would be taken wrong, why not change it before you posted?

Really???... would it have mattered. That's a joke. It only would have stopped the title from being THE issue but bet your ass, there would have been another. I don't post problems, for this reason. It never fails and seen to many. Trust me... lesson learned. Why are WE still discussing this. Thanks.... again and again

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Really???... would it have mattered. That's a joke. It only would have stopped the title from being THE issue but bet your ass, there would have been another. I don't post problems, for this reason. It never fails and seen to many. Trust me... lesson learned. Why are WE still discussing this. Thanks.... again and again

Apparently you haven't seen the threads where people refuse to post which tuner they use until it is known for sure that the tune was the problem. There's a reason for that.

yngrshr

Established Member
You know why there's a saying about it... because it HAPPENS all the time

Sure. But that would make me think people would be tired of WHARRGARBL instead of just reading and then commenting.

yngrshr

Established Member
Apparently you haven't seen the threads where people refuse to post which tuner they use until it is known for sure that the tune was the problem. There's a reason for that.

And the OP probably should've done that. But like I said, if my car blew up and I was pissed off at seeing thousands of dollars flow down the drain, I can't say that I would be great at editing an initial post to placate the feelings of everyone perfectly.

yngrshr

Established Member
How is his title misleading? His AED tuned E85 motor blew. Those are facts. he conveyed them.

The cause is unknown still.

I think the title is, at worst, ambiguous. Could've been worded better, but it is what it is.

Shaun@AED

An Internet search of 'AED Tune' will pop this thread. That along will hurt business. Even the current 5 pages is far too much for most to sift thru and read to see what the actual cause of the engine failure is (and it's not even been discovered yet). They will simply see the title, possibly read the first posts, and move on with the information that AED tuned car blew an engine. Thread title does not state '47lb injector car blew engine', or 'Boss IM engine failure'. The tune is ALWAYS #1 on the list of causes. As I said before, guilty until proven innocent.

My living (and therefore my wife/kids as we are a single income family) is made via the internet. Threads/posts affect business, it affects our lives. That sucks for me, but it's true and there is little I can do about it but do my best to make sure I do the best job I can.

How many of your families rely so heavily on the emotions of internet posts/threads?

darreng505

Established Member
That does suck. But for every ambiguous tune thread title where someone bases their decision on -- there are a 1000 other positive threads about you Shaun. If you lose some business from people who arent thorough enough to research then big deal.

Every tuner has 1 in a 100 bad threads - right or wrong. So no need for the pity post. Youre good.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
How is his title misleading? His AED tuned E85 motor blew. Those are facts. he conveyed them.

The cause is unknown still.

BINGO! Thank You Very Much to state the OBVIOUS that was described over and over...

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
That does suck. But for every ambiguous tune thread title where someone bases their decision on -- there are a 1000 other positive threads about you Shaun. If you lose some business from people who arent thorough enough to research then big deal.

Every tuner has 1 in a 100 bad threads - right or wrong. So no need for the pity post. Youre good.

It IS a big deal...

Even if this thread only cost him 2 tunes... that's $900... all because of a thread title. If you don't think that's possible, then you have NO CLUE how the internet works

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread