ALL MOTOR BOLT-ON & TUNED Motor failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Lol, sounds more like you guys jumping the gun on posting this thread. You should have all the facts straight first before posting. You wanted opinions, you got tbem. Don't like it, don't post on a public forum.

Who is jumping the gun? On what exactly? He hasn't placed blame on Shaun, nor has he stated an exact reason the motor failed. Just what he knows so far..

He wanted some opinions on a possible diagnoses on the possible failure or something to look for that May aide ( the more smart brains thinking the better) Shaun's base tune is not going to blow shit up, there was a different problem. Could it be picked up during logging? Possibly, possibly not......either way the motor popped. Moving forward Jayvee will be updating with pictures and info he receives from the shop.

So you take your lame ass posts elsewhere.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Are you trying to shit on Shaun? Do You even tune? Last time I checked You sling Parts.

Im sure you have lots of first hand experience with stuck injectors......

Lets check a few things...

Did anyone bring up paxton blowers....no?

Did anyone bring up Lund tunes....no?

Did anyone ask for a deal on paxtons or racestars....no?

Last time I checked You dont tune, and you only sling parts. So until you can provide anything else.....

It can and has. I've seen it on more than one fuel and engine type. That's kind of a benefit of using good full. The detonation window is much smaller.

They are rare. But it needs to be eliminated or the problem moves to the new engine like Smm said.

You couldn't diagnose your way out of a box. You're here to help how?

It's funny, but when a customer of ours, that had a lund tune and lost an engine. Shaun jumped in and immediately blamed the tune, then immediately kept talking about another car we tuned with a blown engine. (that car had a base file and never communicated any more information and blew an engine 6 months later).

We suggested the possiblilty of injectors, or something else.

And Shaun was like, TUNE, TUNE, TUNE

Other than CPR agreeing an injector could have possibly been stuck or something, I didn't see any of you guys telling shaun, "hey, lets wait and see what happned"

Then, when I mentioned, notchy's car that lost an engine on e85 and had been running lean on Shaun's tune, Shaun jumped in and said that E85 is very forgivng, and even on a 700hp car, it can be run for some time at wot at 14.1 without issue.

My point is. This kind of stuff happens to all cars that are tuned by all tuners, and maybe you shouldn't be so quick to bash the other tuners to make yourself look better, because eventually, someone will actually post one of the problem cars that you happened to be tuning on this forum.

Was it the tune, I don't know. Just making a point. Don't be so quick to call the kettle black.

Shaun@AED

I fully expected that response from Terry, and I expect to see him posting about this for another 3+ years.

Beefcake = King of Drama

768MPH

Established Member
Subbed
I just converted to E85 and am tuned BY AED.

When I first requested tune for 93, I did data logs on my stock vehicle. He saw that my passenger side was running more lean than the driver's. He noticed, from my list provided, that I had Bobs Oil separator. He told me to remove it and do another data log, in order to be confident that it was not the culprit. It turn out it was not. He sent me my base tune.
After base data log of 93 tune, he saw that my octane was not up to par and "refused" to send the final tune (with increased timing) until i sent him another data log with octane levels within spec to his liking. After a couple weeks and switching to different gas stations, I sent him another log and he agreed it was safe enough to up the timing a degree.
Im just providing my input on my experience, not trying to add any fuel to the fire.

I came across a deal and remember asking Shaun about tuning for GT500 injectors, but he adamant about it. He said he would ONLY tune FRPP LU47 injectors due to his knowledge and experience of the LU47; reliability and flow characteristics to make a safe consistent tune.
I data logged mine within 3 days (after a full tank and fill up of second E85) Why so quickly? Safety. Im very picky regarding who tunes my vehicles, a tune isn't something just to "slap on" a vehicle. I like someone whose attention to detail is as Shaun's.

Im just sharing my personal experience and providing input on his persona. He is obviously, from his posts, trying to resolve the issue as well as the OP by troubleshooting on his end as well as SCT's end.

The title? Yes, I can see how it can be misconstrued. May have not been the overall intention, but the context is suspect.

Best of luck OP. Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
This is my whole point. Thanks. Even Shaun basically says the same thing.

That's great for you, we all know that. We don't need your broken record posts.

Can't datalog now, can we? No, but we sure can toss ideas back and forth as to a possible cause to which we might discover the root of the issue so this doesn't happen to the next motor, which was the point of the thread. Fact is this is an open discussion and some people have years and years building motors, tuning motors and just hands on experience with coyotes. The more people you have giving ideas, that are knowledgeable the better off you will be. After all that's how tuners and engine builders get better, they network and give each other tips/tricks etc etc.

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Subbed
I just converted to E85 and am tuned BY AED.

When I first requested tune for 93, I did data logs on my stock vehicle. He saw that my passenger side was running more lean than the driver's. He noticed, from my list provided, that I had Bobs Oil separator. He told me to remove it and do another data log, in order to be confident that it was not the culprit. It turn out it was not. He sent me my base tune.
After base data log of 93 tune, he saw that my octane was not up to par and "refused" to send the final tune (with increased timing) until i sent him another data log with octane levels within spec to his liking. After a couple weeks and switching to different gas stations, I sent him another log and he agreed it was safe enough to up the timing a degree.
Im just providing my input on my experience, not trying to add any fuel to the fire.

I came across a deal and remember asking Shaun about tuning for GT500 injectors, but he adamant about it. He said he would ONLY tune FRPP LU47 injectors due to his knowledge and experience of the LU47; reliability and flow characteristics to make a safe consistent tune.
I data logged mine within 3 days (after a full tank and fill up of second E85) Why so quickly? Safety. Im very picky regarding who tunes my vehicles, a tune isn't something just to "slap on" a vehicle. I like someone whose attention to detail is as Shaun's.

Im just sharing my personal experience and providing input on his persona. He is obviously, from his posts, trying to resolve the issue as well as the OP by troubleshooting on his end as well as SCT's end.

The title? Yes, I can see how it can be misconstrued. May have not been the overall intention, but the context is suspect.

Best of luck OP. Let us know how it turns out.

Not sure how this is even of any relevance to Jayvee's situation. We know Shaun is a top notch tuner, we also know he is very meticulous about doing things right. That was never in question.

KalEl370

Established Member
That's great for you, we all know that. We don't need your broken record posts.

Can't datalog now can we? No but we sure can toss ideas back and forth as to a possible cause to which we might discover the root of the issue so this doesn't happen to the next motor, which was the point of the thread. Fact is this is an open discussion and some people have years and years building motors, tuning motors and just hands on experience with coyotes. The more people you have giving ideas, that are knowledgeable the better off you will be.
Good luck in your "quest for knowledge". I truly feel for the op as I've been there, just went about it a different way. I'm sure every tuner is eager to diagnose your issue.

yngrshr

Established Member
a little

You act all "innocent victim" with it turning into a bash thread.... You titled it

Dude's engine blew up. How about giving him a bit of a pass if he wrote something a touch rash. I mean, JFC, a lot of people would be pretty upset if that happened to them and May have used harsh language instead of thinking for a bit.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
QUOTE=KalEl370;14285443]Lol, sounds more like you guys jumping the gun on posting this thread. You should have all the facts straight first before posting. You wanted opinions, you got tbem. Don't like it, don't post on a public forum.[/QUOTE]

now this post is one of the most intelligent replies I have read yet you're absolutely right and I was going to wait for the end of the week because there is a lot of involved in a lot of diagnosing for the single one problem but I am leaning to the strong possibility of a bad fuel injector is my guest this early but if I had one regret as of right now is posting this to read but then again I can't take blame for some of these Few ready to stomp and kick someone that's already down looking for a little assistance from the community which I always thought that's the whole point of this. the entire reason posting this thread regardless if it was too early or late I was just trying to find out if there was any previous experiences such as this one which I know is very rare and far inbetween but still in hopes someone experienced something like this looking for their knowledge

Last edited:

768MPH

Established Member
Not sure how this is even of any relevance to Jayvee's situation. We know Shaun is a top notch tuner, we also know he is very meticulous about doing things right. That was never in question.

The importance of data logs. That was the point.
Thanks.

KalEl370

Established Member
QUOTE=KalEl370;14285443]Lol, sounds more like you guys jumping the gun on posting this thread. You should have all the facts straight first before posting. You wanted opinions, you got tbem. Don't like it, don't post on a public forum.

now this post is one of the most intelligent replies I have read yet you're absolutely right and I was going to wait for the end of the week because there is a lot of involved in a lot of diagnosing for the single one problem but I am leaning to the strong possibility of a bad fuel injector is my guest this early but if I had one regret as of right now is posting this to read but then again I can't take blame for some of these Few ready to stomp and kick someone that's already down looking for a little assistance from the community which I always thought that's the whole point of this. the entire reason posting this thread regardless if it was too early or late I was just trying to find out if there was any previous experiences such as this one which I know is very rare and far inbetween but still in hopes someone experienced something like this looking for their knowledge[/QUOTE]

I truly feel for you. Like I said, I've been there and it truly sucks. Good luck with the diagnosis and rebuild. At least it should come back stronger!

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Dude's engine blew up. How about giving him a bit of a pass if he wrote something a touch rash. I mean, JFC, a lot of people would be pretty upset if that happened to them and May have used harsh language instead of thinking for a bit.

Of all the posts in this thread u pick this one to defend him against?

Are u following me? Creepy

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I fully expected that response from Terry, and I expect to see him posting about this for another 3+ years.

Beefcake = King of Drama

well when one your "toon'd" cars starts setting records maybe he will take you more seriously?

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member

I really appreciate that. Its obvious I took my time trying to choose my words carefully and only trying to state facts and not my emotional state of mind and putting any emotions in this thread. like I said before anyone even posted the very first response or reply I did receive text messages approving the thread after reading it giving me an applause of a well expressed and written thread. THANKS

yngrshr

Established Member
Of all the posts in this thread u pick this one to defend him against?

Are u following me? Creepy

Following you? I picked a random post in the thread to respond to. Yours just so happened to exist when I started getting annoyed at all of the pricks going after the OP. Are you that obsessed with yourself that you'd think someone would actually follow you around?

Last edited:

yngrshr

Established Member
I really appreciate that. Its obvious I took my time trying to choose my words carefully and only trying to state facts and not my emotional state of mind and putting any emotions in this thread. like I said before anyone even posted the very first response or reply I did receive text messages approving the thread after reading it giving me an applause of a well expressed and written thread. THANKS

No problem, man. I think it says a lot about people that they'd rather attack you here instead of either offering some kind words or trying to help. Some people are just assholes.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
No problem, man. I think it says a lot about people that they'd rather attack you here instead of either offering some kind words or trying to help. Some people are just assholes.

Hey look... we agree on something :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread