Aed Customer Service

Shaun@AED

I was not rude on the phone actually. A little short maybe, but not rude. This thread caught me by surprise. The last thing Travis said on the phone was that he'd contact Drew for an appointment.

I think I simply did not tell him what he wanted to hear. Especially when he asked me if the price quoted for install included tuning. Sounds to me like he did not like the price and decided I was a dick because of it.

In the end we view it as dodging a bullet. Guys that fly off the handle like this are not who we want to do business with.

We are known for turning away more 'potential' customers than any shop I know of. It's the reason we do NOT have a reputation of blowing engines and doing shady work. Questionable characters and questionable builds are turned away, weeded out if you will.

Sometimes it's simply a misunderstanding in an email or phone call, but that could have been addressed with another call or email. Posting like this on public boards specificly to hurt our business shows true colors. I have not wronged the OP, I have not blown his engine or ripped him off in any way.

AED's reputation for quality work and quality tunes stands on its own.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
I know I have seen Shaun help a whole lot of people on this forum, even if they were having problems while working with other "tooners". By what I've seen he goes above and beyond for others repeatedly, and gives his time and advice to problems that others would turn a blind eye to.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
What this ultimately boils down to is, common courtesy. Their are two people contained in a conversation, a little bit of respect goes a long ways. I'd caught Shaun at a bad time late on a friday evening on his sons birthday, needless to say I felt horrible and still feel horrible for interrupting him during his family time. I'd told him what I'd needed he quickly expressed "That's not happening tonight it's my sons birthday tonight." To which I replied " No problem man, I apologize for the intrusion, wish him a happy birthday for me." "He said thanks man!" 3 hours later I had what i'd needed.

As an independent business owner myself who works 75+ hours per week, I know how it goes. We all have bad days, or something that's going on that has us frustrated we can all do our best to not let this bleed over. We're human beings and not perfect. Just because you "might" be spending money with someone doesn't mean he's going to give you a massage and a try to get in your pants.

At the end of the day, he is THE best at doing what he does and when I do cams (which I intend on doing) I refuse to let anyone except for himself or someone he trusts (Drew, Greg, whoever) touch the job. Not to mention, no one else (to my knowledge)can do what he does with Comp Stage 3 cams. So, if OP expects the most out of his combo, he damn sure better start apologizing for being a tool.

Shaun,

Your the man!

gabe1530

Banned
We are known for turning away more 'potential' customers than any shop I know of. It's the reason we do NOT have a reputation of blowing engines and doing shady work. Questionable characters and questionable builds are turned away, weeded out if you will.

AED's reputation for quality work and quality tunes stands on its own.

These are the reasons why you want to have AED work on your car.
I believe the OP should have done more research before he made the decision to come on here and rant.

steeltoe

Established Member
If I didn't live less than an hour from Rev Auto, I would get an AED tune. I can easily say for all the years I've been on here I can not think of one tuner that has so many good reviews or happy customers.

Justin81

Established Member
Lol and yet u think installing cams on a coyote is any different than any other 4v lol!!

It really does not matter. If the OP had a conversation with the Tech and he said something like " I have never done cams in a Coyote before" than the op has a right to consider taking it to someone who has. Maybe the Tech did not say, "Although I have done them in many 4valve Mod Motors that are the same so this is no different."

Shaun, You made it pretty clear in your first response that you were intentionally rude because he didn't think your tech was qualified to do dht ecam swap. It sounds like you took that personal. To me, that rude, and childish too.

I think I simply did not tell him what he wanted to hear. Especially when he asked me if the price quoted for install included tuning. Sounds to me like he did not like the price and decided I was a dick because of it.

Sounds like your just making excuses for your unprofessional behavior that you were called out on. I called Nitrous Outlet yesterday to get a quote on a Boss intake with a Direct port set up. He through out a number close to $2,000. I asked if that included the intake and he said, " No, God No." How was I suppose to know?

In the end we view it as dodging a bullet. Guys that fly off the handle like this are not who we want to do business with.

I don't think the guy flew off the handle at all. He made a simple post questioning why there are so many positive reviews and Homosexual Nutswingers on this forum for a guy who sounds like his head is as big as his own shop.

I had this vibe already about Shaun and AED but the OP and he himself confirms that it's not the kind of vendor I'd want to deal with. Thanks for helping me "Dodge a Bullet."

MODCOBRA

Established Member
This is incorrect, Drew NEVER said that! The OP stated that Drew had no experience with coyote cams, not Drew.. And Drew stated that he would drop the K-member do them properly.. Coyote cams aren't some ****ing unicorn engine that required specials skills to do a cam swap.. It's just like the rest of the 4V's..

And you know this how? I went back and read this entire thread, including your little novel, and no where does it say Drew would drop the K-member. I am certain that the team at AED can do this swap and tune it.....but.....now read carefully...... the OP said, Drew told him he had no experience with coyote cams. And we can conclude from this, at least i can, that the OP was not comfortable with him doing the swap. You also inferred the OP was stupid for not realizing this is a Unicorn engine. Not sure what the skill level of the OP is, but if he knew all that you know, and had your experience, maybe he would be doing the install himself? :shrug:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Justin are you serious? Who calls a shop and insults the techs who work there?!?! How do you expect the vendor or business to act? NO ONE will tolerate that. What you're saying is crazy.

Steveespo

Established Member
I am a new customer of Shaun's and could not be happier to have dealt with him over the phone and by email. The response times on emails are just crazy, I wake up early (4:30-5:00am) and send out emails, post on forms etc. I sent Shaun a question last Sunday night and had a reply Monday at 7:00am PST. Wish I was in California so I could have had my car dyno tuned at their shop, but the CJ tune I got by email is awesome and the car is more driveable and idles better then it ever did with Steeda and Brenspeed tunes. Top end power is like a jet engine.
Steve

Justin81

Established Member
Justin are you serious? Who calls a shop and insults the techs who work there?!?! How do you expect the vendor or business to act? NO ONE will tolerate that. What you're saying is crazy.

Did you read the thread at all? I even quote and highlighted what the OP said. His Tech TOLD HIM that he hasn't done a cam swap before in the Coyote. How did he insult him for choosing a different place to work on his car??

MODCOBRA

Established Member
Because his 'opinion' was in fact proven INCORRECT, and he's coming off as a huge douchebag?

And what's the point of his post, or yours for that matter? Provide something constructive
I don't even know how to address this.. you gotta help me out here...a guys 'opinion' was proven INCORRECT..........??? AND your post was way more constructive than mine.......good job!!! bwahahahahaha

Zemedici

Established Member
I don't even know how to address this.. you gotta help me out here...a guys 'opinion' was proven INCORRECT..........??? AND your post was way more constructive than mine.......good job!!! bwahahahahaha

Which would mean it's not an opinion wouldn't it...

Go back to lurking, I'm sure your whopping 200 useless posts on this forum won't be missed. Thanks bud! :beer:

BTW where did OP go? Haha

MODCOBRA

Established Member
Which would mean it's not an opinion wouldn't it...

Go back to lurking, I'm sure your whopping 200 useless posts on this forum won't be missed. Thanks bud! :beer:

BTW where did OP go? Haha

AHHH....another one of those guys that think because they have 2217 posts that there words mean more than someone with less than 200. My point is, genius, that anyone has a right to their opinion....factual or no....makes no difference...... and as far as my posts.....I normally don't like to get involved, so me not inserting myself in every post doesn't make my opinion any less valuable. You don't know me, but if you do a little research maybe you will find something out. Here's a hint: Check the archives of 5.0 mag (feature) and many articles and MM&FF. I have done my share....what have you done lately??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
And you know this how? I went back and read this entire thread, including your little novel, and no where does it say Drew would drop the K-member. I am certain that the team at AED can do this swap and tune it.....but.....now read carefully...... the OP said, Drew told him he had no experience with coyote cams. And we can conclude from this, at least i can, that the OP was not comfortable with him doing the swap. You also inferred the OP was stupid for not realizing this is a Unicorn engine. Not sure what the skill level of the OP is, but if he knew all that you know, and had your experience, maybe he would be doing the install himself? :shrug:

Pretty easy, Drew is my best friend so I just called him and asked lol.. and for the unicorn engine comment, I was trying to say that the 5.0 guys seems to think it's a unicorn engine, when it isn't.. It doesn't take a special class to install cams in the car.. It's just like any other 4V, that's what I was trying to get at :beer: Either way I'm done here.. This banter will go on and on..

MODCOBRA

Established Member
Pretty easy, Drew is my best friend so I just called him and asked lol.. and for the unicorn engine comment, I was trying to say that the 5.0 guys seems to think it's a unicorn engine, when it isn't.. It doesn't take a special class to install cams in the car.. It's just like any other 4V, that's what I was trying to get at :beer: Either way I'm done here.. This banter will go on and on..

LOL..It's all good. That is a good best friend to have. Impressive list of goodies in your signature. I have always liked the griggs stuff. All that reminds me of my 98 Cobra. Have a good day.

02reaper

Established Member
Aside from the engine being in the vehicle...Just a cam swap on the coyote is easier to me than the gm ls series engines were.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL..It's all good. That is a good best friend to have. Impressive list of goodies in your signature. I have always liked the griggs stuff. All that reminds me of my 98 Cobra. Have a good day.

LOL I pay my dues man.. I have over 60k with AED.. Shit isn't free, and I never 1x expect it to be.. Whatever the bill is I don't question it, I pay it. Business and friendship usually don't clash. :) But in all seriousness he's a great guy that can tackle anything.. People don't even know this but he even does Ford Diesels too.. Not exclusively but I would give him my 2013 PSD in a heart beat for mods if I ever needed to.. Or repairs for that matter.. has he worked on the 6.7's before?? nope, but I trust him enough to get whatever job I needed done, done.

Take care buddy :)

RusWolf

Established Member
I would like to add my $0.2

Shaun is a fair man. He is much better to deal with in person as conversing in person is much easier in all cases because you can read someones body language.

However, i can definitely see where Shaun's short answer style of answering can be mistaken for being rude. Several times his answers did slightly dissatisfy me, but i knew that he is a good guy and its just hard to read him over email without seeing him. But most of the time he did answer my questions fast and every little misunderstandings we had have been resolved in a mature way where we are still working together. In fact next month i will be getting retuned by his partner in NJ from wicked motorsports. Although i would prefer to get tuned directly by Shaun again due to his prices being better and i liked my in person experience. Unfortunately it's not possible because i moved to the east coast.

Thats my $.2

Users who are viewing this thread