Aed Customer Service

momstmg

Established Member
We talked for like 2min on the phone yesterday. You told me (in not so many words) my partner Drew was not experienced enough with cam swaps and you wanted a recommendation on a shop to take your car to.

That's my partner of 8 years. His reputation as a meticulous mechanic is better than my reputation as a tuner.

Yeah, I did not exactly appreciate what you were saying to me.

Actually I told you that Drew said he had not installed cams in a coyote before. Then I was trying to talk to you about you tuning my car. I also told you I was going to get GTR high performance to do the install, and you quickly started bashing GTR. I wasn't going to bring out the details but since you insist. I promise you will not get a dime form me Mr. Shaun.

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Actually I told you that Drew said he had not installed cams in a coyote before. Then I was trying to talk to you about you tuning my car. I also told you I was going to get GTR high performance to do the install, and you quickly started bashing GTR. I wasn't going to bring out the details but since you insist. I promise you will get a dime form me Mr. Shaun.

you seem like a tool i doubt he cares. he is better off not wasting his time on someone like you

hopony

Established Member
For emails I may be 'short and sweet'. I get 100+ emails each day and it can be very time consuming, especially for those that email me a dozen times a day.

I have asked him many questions on retuning my car, and he always is quick to answer and helpful.

hand-filer

Established Member
"you seem like a tool i doubt he cares. he is better off not wasting his time on someone like you"

Pretty much sums things up. Thread has run its course.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Didn't read this thread but i'll post my .02. I have had emails where Shaun as been somewhat short and/or abrupt with me, BUT he has also always answered questions, Dyno charts, logs and everything as soon as I send them, including on the weekends. Take it with a grain of salt, the man knows what he's doing and can write solid tunes.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm kind of confused, I see all of these great comments and reviews about shaun at aed but today mine was not as advertised. I called Shaun about trying to get him to tune my mustang when I get stage 3 comp cams installed (since i've heard how great his customer service and work are) but he was short and pretty much an ass on the phone. Honestly, it left me speechless while I was on the phone. I quess I'm just seeing if I'm the only one that had this experience?

Actually I told you that Drew said he had not installed cams in a coyote before. Then I was trying to talk to you about you tuning my car. I also told you I was going to get GTR high performance to do the install, and you quickly started bashing GTR. I wasn't going to bring out the details but since you insist. I promise you will get a dime form me Mr. Shaun.

Momstmg:

Well I'm going to go ahead and tell you that I've been doing business with AED both SHAUN AND DREW for over 6yrs now.. I'm going to speak about both of them since no one sees the Drew side of things. First I will tell you about Shaun.. Mind you I spend a good bit of time with Shaun, and even more with Drew

For Shaun: Like many have mentioned in terms of how busy he is no one is lying. I've been at the track with him, while he's running track support for not 1 but 3 different cars.. and while doing that he's answering emails.. The MANY times he's tuned my (I like 4 or 5 now?) he's been amazing, and yet still manages to answer all the 5.0 guys emails.. Maybe they're short and to the point but if you catch him when he's not answering 100 emails from the 5.0 guys he has a life and family too.. Shaun is a very nice guy, very intelligent and VERY busy. If people saw what he did on a day to day basis you would be shocked.. I can tell you right now I couldn't have the pacients required to do what he does.

That's just the tuning side.. Lets not forget that he's built a lot of motors, mine included and to date, mine is the only one that shit the bucket due to a computer malfuntion which no one projected to happen.. Not the builders/tuner fault at all.. Shit happens.

Now onto Drew: Drew has been doing work for me for the same amount of time.. For you to say that Drew isn't experienced in 5.0 cam swaps just goes to show your lack of knowledge about these cars or how cars work in general. Just because people are just now hearing about AED doesn't mean that they don't know what they're doing.. Anyways let me see if I can remember all the shit that Drew has done for customers and myself included, oh wait flip open MM&FF idk maybe the last 12 issues and see what he's done for there editor..

First off: Cam swaps are just that cam swaps.. 5.0's aren't a unicorn that by any means that takes all this special know how.. again shows you don't know shit about the tech side of things.. Drew has done more cam swaps than I can count on this point.. Oh and did I mention he's slightly OCD. Where most people just throw them in, this guy measures every single lobe, lift, centerline blah blah blah.. Every cylinder PTV clearance, spring load, open and closing evolution, timing.. Jesus just yesterday I saw his shit for 1 4v exhaust cam.. His notes were over 1pg long of just measurments and clearances

Drew has done 5.0 swaps in older cars, fabbed custom turbo kits that would literally blow your mind, has done so much custom fabbing and creative thinking and 1 off shit that it would take me probably a few days to write down.. He's one of those guys where you have a problem that no one can fix, he'll find a way to make it work.. Trust me I had this shit happen first hand to myself with my car. Drew is by far the hardest, and most creative worker I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with and shit even working with.

He's built 800rwhp 5.0's, 700hp 5.0's etc etc.., and his drag racing knowledge is again second to none. I won't get to far into that but he has cars so dialed in they'll run back to back same times.. I know, I've seen it..

I can't post pictures or go into knowledge of his latest creation, and it's a cover feature for mm&ff, but when you see it on the cover you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for even writing this thread, I promise

It's a damn shame you just ruined your chances with them. Seriously it is.. You have people down South that bring their cars up here. You will be one of those people in a couple years that'll understand why.

Last but not least.. Both of these guys aren't just the type that will take your money and run.. They are GREAT people, Great men with amazing core values that is hard to find in people now a days. I deal with them on a personal level as well. They wouldn't hesitate 1 min to go and hang out with you after work and get a beer and shoot the shit.

It's a damn shame people write these threads without knowing who the people really are.

Want to view some of their shit??

https://www.facebook.com/AEDHP

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
For emails I may be 'short and sweet'. I get 100+ emails each day and it can be very time consuming, especially for those that email me a dozen times a day.
I've emailed Shaun with a couple of questions and he was straight to the point.

C'mon man 100+ emails and phone calls, I don't know how he can do any work! It's not an excuse to be rude, but I would be straight to the point too if I had to deal with that much.

scott_0

Established Member
I promise you will not get a dime form me Mr. Shaun.
ah yes, and there you go, the freedom to choose to give a business your money or not, beautiful isn't it? fwiw, be mindful there have been others that have bashed Shaun and then wanted him to tune their cars because he is that good, don't be that guy lol, sometimes it's best to realize you're not always going to see eye to eye with someone, such as your case with Shaun, but I see no reason for you to have started a thread bashing him, you could have swallowed your pride and gotten an awesome tune.......

Last edited:

corepwn

Established Member
I was not an AED customer but I came to Shaun after spending a good bit of time banging my head against a wall trying to sort out some self tuning issues I was having after installing some new parts.

Shaun answered questions over a few days (100+ emails back and forth) and ultimately identified some areas in my file that needed updating. With Shaun's changes and some more tweaking on my end, we finally got the tune in a happy place.

While not an AED customer or running one of his tunes, Shaun has responded to every email I've ever sent him within 24 hours.

I try to do as much self tuning as possible and when I run into issues I reach out to those in the community. Justin@VMP knows his stuff and provided me a stellar base tune to work from. Shaun@AED has gone above and beyond to help someone (me) who had not paid him, and spent hours going over datalogs, SCT tables, and emails to help me find where an issue was coming from.

To me, Shaun's customer service is great and without his help I'd still be having major issues with my files.

Shaun@AED

Honestly people look at it from the Shaun's view point as has been stated a billion times already all through out SVTP, Hes a tuner who loves his job and honestly does the best job for the little amount of money he charges you, he gets 100+ emails every day, hes gotta give advice on builds, hes gotta revise tunes, trouble shoot those tune issues from us installing products incorrectly, has friends, has a family, probably needs alone time to gather his thoughts, future business development, the list goes on! Hes one man, hes not Jesus and cant walk on water. Be polite, respectful and give him time to gather his thoughts on your situation and I'm sure all will work out pretty dang well.

Ohhh and anytime u insult a mans business can u honestly blame him for being defensive and short with you!???

If you ever followed one of these guys around all day you would understand a little better of the world they live in. The one tuner that I know personally goes 120mph from start-up to shutdown " sometimes late at night" taking 20 minutes for lunch. I don't understand how he gets anything right but somehow he does. A day in his life is probably 3 in most of ours. I would be short too. But you insulted his partner, it is a wonder he didn't hang up on you.

You guys hit the nail on the head. I LOVE what I do, and I work 10-12hrs a day, 6 days a week and 2-4hrs on Sunday. My wife is a very patient woman.

Actually I told you that Drew said he had not installed cams in a coyote before. Then I was trying to talk to you about you tuning my car. I also told you I was going to get GTR high performance to do the install, and you quickly started bashing GTR. I wasn't going to bring out the details but since you insist. I promise you will not get a dime form me Mr. Shaun.

When you asked about GTR I was simply telling you the one experience I had working with them on Notch44's car. He or CPRism can tell you the quality of work they did on his Paxton setup. I was NOT impressed with their work, nor their knowledge when remote tuning at their facility.

As I type this, my partner Drew has just completed Degreeing in camshafts in a 4V Cobra engine he's been building. If you want I could post pics of the projects he's been working on so you can see the quality of work he does. He's been building a Twin turbo kit for the Aluminator Coyote swap in his wife's 99 Saleen. It's nothing short of a work of Art.

Rdrcr

Established Member
Shaun is both professional and straightforward. He might not have a ton of time to spend with each customer individually, but, he does his best with the time he has.

His customer service is excellent (same with the guys at AED).

Mike

Rdrcr

Established Member
As I type this, my partner Drew has just completed Degreeing in camshafts in a 4V Cobra engine he's been building. If you want I could post pics of the projects he's been working on so you can see the quality of work he does. He's been building a Twin turbo kit for the Aluminator Coyote swap in his wife's 99 Saleen. It's nothing short of a work of Art.

I was impressed. And, you folks will, for sure, be doing some work on my Mustang in the future!

Mike

Shaun@AED

Just walked around the shop and snapped off a few pics of Drew's work:
TT Coyote project he's been working on. Custom setup designed and built by Drew:
The detail is incredible, but it's difficult to snap all the close up pics to show it all of.
DSC_3215_zpsea930dcc.jpg

DSC_3212_zps1ebbd9ce.jpg

DSC_3213_zpseb45428e.jpg

His 94GT project with a Turbo 5.4 of his design: (Should run decent)
DSC_3216_zps07baed0a.jpg

DSC_3214_zps3749b8cb.jpg

A customers 3V with Drew's custom designed and built Turbo kit: (Notice little details like the fuel line routing/mounting)
*Engine is a little dusty as it just got back from having a Cage put in*
DSC_3217_zpsffe5b435.jpg

Customers Fox with all work done by Drew, from design to build:
DSC_3218_zpse2ba4f46.jpg

DSC_3219_zpsb521a131.jpg

DSC_3220_zpse0f96574.jpg

DSC_3221_zps4c0d1d52.jpg

DSC_3222_zpsd40c826f.jpg

And how the shop looks on any give day: (this is not a dirty hole in the wall operation we run)
DSC_3223_zps3874e2eb.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

^ there you have it

Always two sides to a story....

Yep.... have seen local tuners here quit over constant harassment and boundary issues..guys calling, messaging non-stop, even showing up at their homes on weekends for tuning. Keeping it short, sweet and strictly professional helps establish some boundaries.

I don't care about bedside manner, just a car that runs good and won't blow up :beer:

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Shaun just shut this thread down.. OP is a tool, and has no clue what he's talking about with Drew's work, he's done some custom 1 off shit with my car too.. wait until you see my car when it's done this time..

Great pics shaun!

denali33

Established Member
I am AED tuned and very happy , I emailed him numerous times and he always responded quickly. I guess you get spoiled with his real time responses. Initially I was taking him being short with me personally but its strictly business. His attention to detail is high and I am proud when I fire up my Mustang and know the Mustang Wizard has tuned my motor.

Users who are viewing this thread