Aed Customer Service

momstmg

Established Member
I'm kind of confused, I see all of these great comments and reviews about shaun at aed but today mine was not as advertised. I called Shaun about trying to get him to tune my mustang when I get stage 3 comp cams installed (since i've heard how great his customer service and work are) but he was short and pretty much an ass on the phone. Honestly, it left me speechless while I was on the phone. I quess I'm just seeing if I'm the only one that had this experience?

cb900f

Established Member
I'm kind of confused, I see all of these great comments and reviews about shaun at aed but today mine was not as advertised. I called Shaun about trying to get him to tune my mustang when I get stage 3 comp cams installed (since i've heard how great his customer service and work are) but he was short and pretty much an ass on the phone. Honestly, it left me speechless while I was on the phone. I quess I'm just seeing if I'm the only one that had this experience?

He is a busy man, and to the point. Some people respect that, some people want to B.S. on the phone.

I like the answers. He will always answer you, and that's customer service IMO.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
no. but you won't read bad reviews on this board. go to s197forum and search AED. grab a beer first.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I base my opinion of him on what I want as a customer which is a bad ass and safe tune and that is what I got. Always answered my questions. You can definitely tell he is very busy. Is he a bubbly spunky guy? I wouldn't say so haha but that's fine with me. OP I know what you mean though I sort of got that impression initially as well.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
It sucks that you got that impression, because I have seen Shaun go way out of his way to help people out with questions and tune issues. Everybody has bad days, and maybe today was one of them. Shaun helped me out a LOT when he had no responsibility to, nor did he gain anything from it (yet).

Hopefully this can get cleared up and he can work his magic for you.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
no. but you won't read bad reviews on this board. go to s197forum and search AED. grab a beer first.

Theres maybe 2 threads and the only ones who have issues with AED over there are wbt and a few other people.

Op Maybe you caught him on a bad day. We all have em. Remember he doesnt have help, its just him who does the tuning for AED. As many emails and phone calls he gets a day I wouldnt want to be him I know that.

Last edited:

powerhogger

Established Member
I got that vibe too when working with him with my tuning needs but you gotta think about all the inquires and questions he must get which leads to no money for him. Personally, I know I asked him a bunch of questions and it was a few months before I bought my tune.

In short, dealing with AED is like dealing with a stripper, you both know why you're there so skip the chit chat, hand over the cash and get the goodies.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
I got that vibe too when working with him with my tuning needs but you gotta think about all the inquires and questions he must get which leads to no money for him. Personally, I know I asked him a bunch of questions and it was a few months before I bought my tune.

In short, dealing with AED is like dealing with a stripper, you both know why you're there so skip the chit chat, hand over the cash and get the goodies.

LMFAO. So true though.

-Nick

Mike Rousch

Established Member
Just as other have said, You have to take into consideration how many calls/emails he gets a day. It can get very overwhelming sometimes when your just one guy. In my opinion he has set the bar for customer service the past few years.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Some of you people bitch way too much and don't put yourselves in their shoes. We're all human and can have a bad day. There are some days I KNOW I am not pleasant to talk to. Don't be a cry baby on the forum. You know he has a great product; what else do you want?

mystickb1996

Established Member
hmmm well i have to say i had the same thing happen with me when i first got my tune and had a few questions... needless to say i confronted Shawn about it and i think its just email conversations that kinda came off quick and short.. when we ended up talking on the phone he was a great guy to deal with and actually talked alot about the 5.0 tuning and what mods are worth it, this changed my perception quickly about him and i become a happy customer. goes to show that talking via electronic messaging can send the wrong message to other quickly and has broken many business deals in the past.. talking on the phone is where its at.

Shaun@AED

We talked for like 2min on the phone yesterday. You told me (in not so many words) my partner Drew was not experienced enough with cam swaps and you wanted a recommendation on a shop to take your car to.

That's my partner of 8 years. His reputation as a meticulous mechanic is better than my reputation as a tuner.

Yeah, I did not exactly appreciate what you were saying to me.

Shaun@AED

For emails I may be 'short and sweet'. I get 100+ emails each day and it can be very time consuming, especially for those that email me a dozen times a day.

scott_0

Established Member
bunch of Lund nut swingers over there, so not a good measuring stick so to speak. just read Shaun's reply, as said always two sides to a story, point blank, you dont like how he dealt with you, find another tuner, there are plenty out there.........

Last edited:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Honestly people look at it from the Shaun's view point as has been stated a billion times already all through out SVTP, Hes a tuner who loves his job and honestly does the best job for the little amount of money he charges you, he gets 100+ emails every day, hes gotta give advice on builds, hes gotta revise tunes, trouble shoot those tune issues from us installing products incorrectly, has friends, has a family, probably needs alone time to gather his thoughts, future business development, the list goes on! Hes one man, hes not Jesus and cant walk on water. Be polite, respectful and give him time to gather his thoughts on your situation and I'm sure all will work out pretty dang well.

Ohhh and anytime u insult a mans business can u honestly blame him for being defensive and short with you!???

CPRsm

We talked for like 2min on the phone yesterday. You told me (in not so many words) my partner Drew was not experienced enough with cam swaps and you wanted a recommendation on a shop to take your car to.

That's my partner of 8 years. His reputation as a meticulous mechanic is better than my reputation as a tuner.

Yeah, I did not exactly appreciate what you were saying to me.
What's wrong with you?! You should smile when someone is shitting on your business lol

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
If you ever followed one of these guys around all day you would understand a little better of the world they live in. The one tuner that I know personally goes 120mph from start-up to shutdown " sometimes late at night" taking 20 minutes for lunch. I don't understand how he gets anything right but somehow he does. A day in his life is probably 3 in most of ours. I would be short too. But you insulted his partner, it is a wonder he didn't hang up on you.

ZiggyGT

Established Member
I emailed Shaun on Tuesday and he was extremely fast to respond to me and was very nice to work with hell i had my base tune and final tune done within 90mins and that's with me running back to the car to datalogg while i was at work! Customer Service is top notch IMO and i would highly recommend Shaun to anyone of my friends with 5.0's. But like everyone says (even shaun himself) he is a VERY busy man and face it you are not the only person on this planet looking for a tune haha

Users who are viewing this thread