Aed Customer Service

Sharksfan81

Established Member
I am late to the party! I was busy yesterday or I would have chimed in. This is my experience and what I have seen from people I know around me.

"Shaun/Drew/AED are dicks and won't tune my car"- I have heard this 6 or 7 times. I could go into detail but I have seen 2 blown motors from people that Shaun refused to tune because they didn't want to use the fuel setup he suggested. Well congrats to Shaun on that one, he just avoid tuning someones cheaply put together built that has fail points everyone and now his name isn't near it. Might have been cheaper to do it his way.

I talk very highly of Shaun and Drew, however I have seen my friends experience the same thing. Shaun and Drew are very busy. Sometimes they have a little time for chit chat and bull shit. But most of the time they don't. They are working and they work ALL the time. Both can be cold and not very approachable from time to time. No it is not the most perfect thing for customer service. But guess what at a bigger shop you would most likely talk to a receptionist or something of that nature who might be a friendly face to deal with. I personally love that I get to deal with the owner directly.

Over the years I have bugged them tons on the phone and email. Sometimes my answers come quick and short and sometimes there is friendly banter. Who cares if I get the answer.

WHAT WAS I DOING YESTERDAY THAT I COULDN'T POST ON HERE?

I was driving my 03 cobra. I drive my cobra 2 or 3 days a week. I BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HER. Drew hates me, it's always getting a new scratch or not clean enough. blah blah blah. Drew is so OCD it's stupid. He bitches about dust under my car. How the hell am I suppose to clean that shit? Well he does. And all the work he does shows it. OCD! What do you want in the guy putting your car together? sloppy and quick? Or OCD and professional. Making sure everything is right.

My car is a 2003 Cobra, it has 36k on it. The long block is still stock. Drew has done all the work on the car himself. Ford built this thing damn near 12 years ago now. It makes 812 RWHP. I beat on it, it keeps going.... What the hell is going to happen if I let Drew replace the stock cobra internals? My car I drive to work is going to go from really stupid fast to something no one actually believes anymore.

So ORIGINAL POSTER, when you find a shop that can build and tune like that. Then you have found what YOU want. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THE WORK IS DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND YOUR CAR IS WHAT YOU WANT IN THE END.

I trust them. Lots of other people do to. Lots of people are always going to talk shit. But NO ONE ever says they do shity work or their tunes blow up lots of motors..... Yes they can be short. Who cares!?!? I don't! I drive around in my dream car with over 800hp to the wheels... It has 281ci?! WTF! I couldn't be happier. Best of luck and nothing wrong with calling up Shaun and hashing it out instead of posting over a message board.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Go and open up the newest MM&FF.. That's my engine....
AED SUX....

Wonder if the OP is kicking himself in the ass yet??? I'm going to go with yes..

20140612_160325_zpsoosky5pp.jpg

20140612_160333_zpszr7k84oj.jpg

20140612_160342_zps5q03vdoq.jpg

20140612_160351_zpsqtdpwthy.jpg

Last edited:

bullet3z

Established Member
AED, the shop looks nice. Have you ever thought of bringing on some employee's to help with the load?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
AED, the shop looks nice. Have you ever thought of bringing on some employee's to help with the load?

Nahp, they won't.. Better to be busy and have a wait, then to not have enough work with to many employee's.. There is Shaun, Drew and Greg (Greg and Drew are brothers)....

Then me.. lol.. Except I don't get paid.. I BBQ... a lot lol.. and I was up there helping Greg last week.. Drew is one of my best friends so I help out when I can.. ;)

boduke0220

Established Member
shaun is always short with me but guess what? he's busy and always answers my questions. i dont need a paragraph as to why i should run nx over nitrous outlet or vice versa. his tune for my stock intake and cj intake have both been badass. he's got my business locked down.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
This is an all time low the OP is crying because AED won't take him out to dinner and wine and dine him before he gets a tune boo hoo
And who in there right mind wouldn't want the same shop to install and tune for cams.....so if something did go wrong there is one person to blame not two

That being said AED has a good reputation on here so I'm not saying there would be an issue .....just my general rule

bobster

Established Member
I talked to Shaun once recently on Memorial Day weekend (they were on vacation) told him my set up and what I trying to accomplish so he gave me some good info and a checklist needed, which I'm currently working on and I wasn't happy when he told me I had to get ID1000 injectors before I could get his tune, but I understand and respect his advise and know it will better my set up and the tune he does for me by getting them so I'm saving my pennies for the injectors and a few other mods so I can call him back and get a bad ass tune!

SCalla1384

Established Member
I've definitely done my fair share of bugging Shaun, and he's always gotten back to me. He's very helpful, I was asking him just about what to do as far as suspension, bolt ons blah blah and he always replied. Also would send me tune updates for my boss intake and headers. I would use a buddy's Dyno, send him the logs and he'd send another little update (maybe with a timing change or something) at no charge. He's a good dude. Once you mention something about one of his buddy's/partners aren't expeirienced enough, of course he's going to stick up for his partner.

Stanger00

Established Member
I called Drew about a week ago after I left him a message. He explained some pointers and some of his past experience with the issue I was having with my car that he assembled a few times. He was spot on with the diagnosis over the phone when I removed my intake manifold. I sent him a text of what I found and he literally answered in a couple of minutes. I consider Drew and Shaun a friend and if I could I would drive up and beat up my car every weekend at the drag strip with these guys. To piggyback on what 98saleen said about Shaun and how busy he is, it's true he works as he is at the track. He fixed some issues with my car while I was there and was answering emails at the same time!

I feel if you call AED have a lost written down of what you have and what you want to accomplish. This will help with the conversation and leave both parties less confused.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
I guess I will chime in. Im already considered an AED nutswinger anyways. But hey what can I say I will rep the shit out of a good product and AED has provided that.

What you people need to understand is, Shaun runs a shop. Deals with hundreds of emails a day, and sometimes the other party has absolutely no idea what they are talking about via phone/email. That alone is very time consuming. On top of that the dude has actual work to accomplish regarding his business. He also has a family. Just take a moment to understand the amount of shit he has to handle on any given day.

Shaun will always get back to you. He will always be honest with you. He will never scam you ( you know those places when they smell money on you they start jacking up prices) He will always provide you with a great product. Sure he may seem like an ass at times, customers do the same, emotions aside, he will never leave his customers high and dry. What is there to bitch about?

Shit I almost feel like I owe him more money. I must have HUNDREDS, yes HUNDREDS of emails between him and I, imagine how much of his time I have consumed. Not to mention the amount of datalogs he has taken the time to look over for me.

Some of you guys need to buy a prius and just drive that and do not modify.

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
I've had an AED tune and Shaun has been very quick to get things done on his side. When I had a problem with datalogging because my ITSX had a firmware update and now my logs where off Shaun was a little short. I'm not throwing him under the bus I understand he is busy, I think if he had a ticket system like lund it would make his life a lot easier! I have Lund tunning my car since I went FI and would've liked to have Shaun do it but it came down to logistics of setting a remote tune up which was my problem thats why I went Lund. I was hesitant because I stay on this board most of the time and read all the lack of response etc. I think if he setup a ticket system and had some instructions on website he would be a lot better off and so would be the customer. I know he is not Lund nor do I think he has that kind of money but setting a some web stuff would cost a couple grand and would cut down a lot of the BS email. This has been my experience with lund submit a ticket get a prompt response and when in doubt check there website they have a lot of instructions so if you don't know you can find out without emailing them.

MODCOBRA

Established Member
WGAF. Hopefully he stays away.

Why should he stay away? He has a right to his opinion just like the rest of you experts. He simply stated that Drew said "he had no experience" with coyote cams. I am guessing he had no idea that Drew has the kind of mechanical ability he does. I sure sure as hell didn't, in fact, I had no idea he was in "partners" with Shaun. And I have been around here for awhile. If I was in the market for a a cam swap, and someone told me he had never done it, I would tend to be skittish myself. I don't care if it was John Forces' mechanic, I still would be leary.

There is a huge difference between being "short and to the point" and being down right rude. I am not sure that is the case here, but being busy is not an excuse for being rude. I know of a couple of tuners, right off the top of my head that I have had numerous phone calls and emails. Big Mike from Paul's Automotive Engineering and Lidio from Alternative Auto. Not once were they short with me and NEVER talked bad about another shop. And I know for a fact that Beefcake is at least as busy as Shaun and maybe more so. Always been nice to me.....except when we were rivals back in the day.....lmao..

Zemedici

Established Member
Why should he stay away? He has a right to his opinion just like the rest of you experts. He simply stated that Drew said "he had no experience" with coyote cams. I am guessing he had no idea that Drew has the kind of mechanical ability he does. I sure sure as hell didn't, in fact, I had no idea he was in "partners" with Shaun. And I have been around here for awhile. If I was in the market for a a cam swap, and someone told me he had never done it, I would tend to be skittish myself. I don't care if it was John Forces' mechanic, I still would be leary.

There is a huge difference between being "short and to the point" and being down right rude. I am not sure that is the case here, but being busy is not an excuse for being rude. I know of a couple of tuners, right off the top of my head that I have had numerous phone calls and emails. Big Mike from Paul's Automotive Engineering and Lidio from Alternative Auto. Not once were they short with me and NEVER talked bad about another shop. And I know for a fact that Beefcake is at least as busy as Shaun and maybe more so. Always been nice to me.....except when we were rivals back in the day.....lmao..

Because his 'opinion' was in fact proven INCORRECT, and he's coming off as a huge douchebag?

And what's the point of his post, or yours for that matter? Provide something constructive

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Why should he stay away? He has a right to his opinion just like the rest of you experts. He simply stated that Drew said "he had no experience" with coyote cams. I am guessing he had no idea that Drew has the kind of mechanical ability he does. .

This is incorrect, Drew NEVER said that! The OP stated that Drew had no experience with coyote cams, not Drew.. And Drew stated that he would drop the K-member do them properly.. Coyote cams aren't some ****ing unicorn engine that required specials skills to do a cam swap.. It's just like the rest of the 4V's..

Justin81

Established Member
Actually I told you that Drew said he had not installed cams in a coyote before. Then I was trying to talk to you about you tuning my car. I also told you I was going to get GTR high performance to do the install, and you quickly started bashing GTR. I wasn't going to bring out the details but since you insist. I promise you will not get a dime form me Mr. Shaun.

I was thinking the same thing as the few posts above while reading this. If the guy told him he hasn't done a cam swap in a Coyote before maybe that's the one thing he was looking for in a shop to do his Cam swap. Who cares if he can build turbo plumbing? I don't think the OP is outta line at all especially if Shaun was quick and short and took a shot at the company he DID choose to do his cam swap. Busy is not an excuse to act childish on the phone with a customer.

There is an overwhelming amount of Ballwafters in this forum. I say OP, Call Lund.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I was thinking the same thing as the few posts above while reading this. If the guy told him he hasn't done a cam swap in a Coyote before maybe that's the one thing he was looking for in a shop to do his Cam swap. Who cares if he can build turbo plumbing? I don't think the OP is outta line at all especially if Shaun was quick and short and took a shot at the company he DID choose to do his cam swap. Busy is not an excuse to act childish on the phone with a customer.

There is an overwhelming amount of Ballwafters in this forum. I say OP, Call Lund.

Lol and yet u think installing cams on a coyote is any different than any other 4v lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread