Adventures in E85 - Black goo, brushes, no answers, and other risky endeavors

thgt500

Established Member
40mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4????!!!!!

What are your other slips like?

You sure you didn't accidentally hit the happy sauce at the 1/8 mile mark? lol

LOL :lol1: Yeah i'm sure. My setup is on a switch to come on at 3k and shut off at 6K. It wasn't armed. I am telling ya'll. I think i'm running 22lbs boost it probably closer to 25+. I need to get this one figured out. Anyone got a link to that whipple chart that showed what lower and upper combo made what boost?

And yes, i do have a 3.5bar sensor and Aeroforce intercepter. Just wasn't plugged in on that run due to logging...had sct plugged in.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
stock crank pulley size - from Mike @ Whipple when I asked

With the 4", you will be around 18-19psi. 3.875 will be around 19-20psi. 3.75 will be around 20-21psi, 24-25 psi will be the 3.25"

thgt500

Established Member
Talked to Lethal and I bought my fuel system in Dec 12... and at that time they said the pumps where good with e85... now they say walbro won't warranty the pumps if they fail in e85... this is bullshit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Feel your pain man. I am $800+ into pumps in this latest round of mods/going return style. Its only money. You can't take it with you is what i keep telling myself. :nonono:

thgt500

Established Member

With the 4", you will be around 18-19psi. 3.875 will be around 19-20psi. 3.75 will be around 20-21psi, 24-25 psi will be the 3.25"

Is that with IW 10% lower?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member

/\

fwiw - on a 10% OD and the 3.875 mine made 24 psi - Kooks LT, o/r X and Ford GT cams.

so add 4# to the numbers quoted and I think you'll have a good estimate.

Last edited:

thgt500

Established Member
/\

fwiw - on a 10% OD and the 3.875 mine made 24 psi - Kooks LT, o/r X and Ford GT cams.

so add 4# to the numbers quoted and I think you'll have a good estimate.

Well, im on iw10% and 2.875 now so i wonder what that is?

Here old slips on iw10% and 3in on URT.
slips.png

tktlwyr

Established Member
Those numbers were based on the 4.0

I can't imagine the others would be very different.

They most definitely would be different. The larger blower would need to spin slower to move the same amount of air. The OP is running a 2.9 and those numbers won't apply to him.

I'm running a 3.0 pulley with OEM balancer on a 2.9 and I'm at 18 lbs. through factory manifolds and off-road pipes.

Van@RevanRacing

I hope you've got all of the issues worked out before I try and gun this mutha to 200 at the Texas Mile in 2 weeks!

Is it heresy for me to drive a Whipple car? LOL

thgt500

Established Member
I hope you've got all of the issues worked out before I try and gun this mutha to 200 at the Texas Mile in 2 weeks!

Is it heresy for me to drive a Whipple car? LOL

As of today car is tip top man! Making 24 pounds of boost logged today. Crap in fuel appears to be gone as well but time will tell on that one. And.... as far as the Whipple goes you'll sell your KB after driving my car... ahahahaha...:poke: Seriously though going in for balancing and alignment this week. Then parking it until the show.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
As of today car is tip top man! Making 24 pounds of boost logged today. Crap in fuel appears to be gone as well but time will tell on that one. And.... as far as the Whipple goes you'll sell your KB after driving my car... ahahahaha...:poke: Seriously though going in for balancing and alignment this week. Then parking it until the show.

Is it safe to run 24# on e85 on the stock motor? I'm asking cause I'm gonna run it in my dyno session tomorrow. Just converted to e85 myself.

gaspasr

Established Member
Looks good. Paper?

Went with a paper filter for now (10micron) as the SS I have filters up to 40 micron. After I monitor this paper filter a couple of times, I will then swap it. Just trying to keep the crap away from injectors in case it comes back.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
been using paper in mine for 2+ years, change them once a year, they look good each time I've swapped them.

Users who are viewing this thread