Adventures in E85 - Black goo, brushes, no answers, and other risky endeavors

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You would know if one of the pumps is not working by looking at the fuel pressure gauge and if 1 was to go out the fuel pressure wouldn't go as high as the regulator is set to.
My big concerned about an external setup is what if there is cavitation going to the external pump. Or if you were to be a certain low level of fuel and you car was to lift the front wheels up and come down and the fuel would be sloshed around in the tank. That was one of many concerns back then when I remember was the only choice was an aeromotive a1000 and everyone would have to sump the tank. I don't know how newer pumps are now a days and how they combat those issues.

You will only know if you happen to have a fuel pressures gauge in the car. Only problem is ypu still have to catch it on time before its too learn a causes damage.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
You will only know if you happen to have a fuel pressures gauge in the car. Only problem is ypu still have to catch it on time before its too learn a causes damage.
Yes I agree you would have to have a gauge inside the car. If you were to buy a fuel pressure gauge I think it would be preferable to buy one that mounts inside the car with the remote sensor and has warnings that let you know you drop below fuel pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread