9.5 aluminator vs 11to1

bigriff85

Established Member
I could give a crap what it proved or didn't prove I'm telling you what it made car also still trapped 123 in similar conditions at track as well sorry if that caused a glitch in the matrix. 11:1 and 80 degree weather made 555. Last night 65 degree weather with 9.5:1 made 591 same tune same boost no other mods stock exhaust etc. not trying to cause a 50 page debate over it just sharing what it did. Larry had something similar happen as well everyone just tried to call bs. I believe him per my personal experience I just shared. I didn't have the da or what shoe size I was wearing when I floored it etc.

Last edited:

nosscort

Established Member
I could give a crap what it proved or didn't prove I'm telling you what it made car also still trapped 123 in similar conditions at track as well sorry if that caused a glitch in the matrix.

interesting how laws of physics are being beat with going from Higher compression perfect tune to Lower compression no change in timing and no boost change and making and picking up power:dw:

Also on a side note I would be Pissed if I had a supercharged car only trapping 123 :shrug:.

bigriff85

Established Member
I'm just happy to have a supercharged car also on stock exhaust 7psi no other mods in a manual I'm just fine w it actually

CSG

Established Member
interesting how laws of physics are being beat with going from Higher compression perfect tune to Lower compression no change in timing and no boost change and making and picking up power:dw:

Also on a side note I would be Pissed if I had a supercharged car only trapping 123 :shrug:.

Call him a liar and make fun of his car all for him simply sharing his experiences. Really? He is not arguing any point just sharing info. he has.

nosscort

Established Member
Call him a liar and make fun of his car all for him simply sharing his experiences. Really? He is not arguing any point just sharing info. he has.

No where did I call him a liar home slice. And no where did I make fun of him . 123 in a supercharged car is slow whether it was his car or someone else's period point blank . Na basic bolt on cars would eat that up with 150 less whp! And like others were saying everyone is beating physics in achieving more power with no tune,timing, or boost changes is kinda making everyone skeptical. Especially when everyone is posting gains on different days and different weather conditions .

Bud

Established Member
Yeah we just swapped 11:1 motor w an aluminator didn't change anything it's 9.5:1 and the car did what it did. Magazine article in mmff the car did 555 last night it did 591. Cooler air helps probably but no nothing changed it's a locked procharger tune w stock exhaust 7.5 psi

Was logged effective timing the same between both setups? Curious if maf counts were the same between the two as well to give a little more data where one might be more efficient than the other (as long as the tune was the exact same). Also, same dyno?

That would be interesting data to review. Definitely interesting results you guys are having, especially the blower results. Guess IAT's would be part of the equation as well...

Last edited:

2012csgt

Established Member

Did you just say you still trapped 123.

WAIT WHAT?

Is that turbo on? lol

Hell yeah , I'm going to build another engine at 6:1 and really haul some ass!

:lol:

bigriff85

Established Member
Yep it trapped 123 both times in my manual 3.73 car w a 17 inch drag radial...wish I was cool as you with you're cai tearing up the NMRA circuit maybe one day I will be until then guess I just can't hang :-/ guess well see what happens when we turn up the boost up & do long tubes clutch suspension and put better tires on it and do more than just 7psi out of the blower on a stock car...etc on it and then maybe I'll sleep better at night knowing I may gain your approval...i couldn't change anything on it this was all done for the magazine so all thats changed is the motor since. now we're going to add the rest of the supporting mods and what not and see how it does in the next few weeks. i guess the other guy isn't comprehending that but thats fine. i'm enjoying my slow car very much and all of the attention and future stuff going into it! as they say there is always one in the bunch.

Last edited:

stretchb

Established Member
thanks for sharing your experience bigriff85. I would say 80% of the peeps responding to this post only know what there buddys have told them, much less have anything that actually runs at a track.

CPRsm

The arguement used to be when the compression was lower, the cyl was larger internally even though the displacement was the same. With more room from piston to head, that left more room for mass, even at the same boost level. More mass can mean more cyl presure, just never seen it work out that way myself. I'd love to see logs if that theory holds true. The maf at the same rpm would show a higher frequency. Ading ice to an intercooler shows the same results. A maf reading would really help. Octane linited would explain it, but Coonsake was already on race gas. Coon, how are your inlets at those levels? What kind of temp rise do you see do you know?

CSG

Established Member
How do the piston tops compare on the 11:1 vs the 9.5:1? I am sure we have all read the stuff with dish pistons making more power than flat top all else being equal. Maybe piston design is changing the flame travel??

CharlieR

Established Member
The arguement used to be when the compression was lower, the cyl was larger internally even though the displacement was the same. With more room from piston to head, that left more room for mass, even at the same boost level. More mass can mean more cyl presure, just never seen it work out that way myself. I'd love to see logs if that theory holds true. The maf at the same rpm would show a higher frequency. Ading ice to an intercooler shows the same results. A maf reading would really help. Octane linited would explain it, but Coonsake was already on race gas. Coon, how are your inlets at those levels? What kind of temp rise do you see do you know?
If you notice stretch and biggriff have "boost controllers" that maintain boost levels, the Roush car received a pulley swap to maintain the boost level so this theory seems to be the most likely one. The fact that the other car got a pulley swap to make "same boost" should point to efficiency.

CPRsm

No it makes sense. But any time I've seen it, it's been to make more boost just to maintain a power level. The lower compression motor always needed more mass to make the same cyl pressure.

twistedneck

Established Member
No it makes sense. But any time I've seen it, it's been to make more boost just to maintain a power level. The lower compression motor always needed more mass to make the same cyl pressure.

Indy runs 12.5:1 with 26 psi on e85. Any way we can get to those pressure levels w a coyote on @ single turbo system? Just curious what that would take.

grnenvy

Established Member
If everything is the same the engine with higher compression will make more pwr it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this. Something is diff on your car there's no other answer.

CPRsm

Top fuel run between 6 and 6.5 to 1 compression ratio... ��
That's probably more to add more nitromethane, but keep the engine from hydro locking. Everytime nitro is cut back nitro percentages, they find a way to get the same amount back in the engine. Buddy used to own a team. Some sneaky mothers lol.

Indy runs 12.5:1 with 26 psi on e85. Any way we can get to those pressure levels w a coyote on @ single turbo system? Just curious what that would take.
Maybe. What are they making now 1500hp?

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
That's probably more to add more nitromethane, but keep the engine from hydro locking. Everytime nitro is cut back nitro percentages, they find a way to get the same amount back in the engine. Buddy uses to own a team. Some sneaky mothers lol.

Maybe. What are they making now 1500hp?

i doubt they are making that much. they are tiny little engines. i believe the are 2 liter v6.

Users who are viewing this thread