9.5 aluminator vs 11to1

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Stretch gave me the heads up to check my 9.5:1 Alluminator, mine having just been installed and fired up for the first time last week I was about to proceed with my plans...I put a call into Ford Racing voicing my concerns and wanting confirmation that my motor has the gears in it as advertised...they have yet to get back to me. Not sure how to proceed but I can see this turning into a nightmare if they have to open all alluminators up to confirm gears or no gears....in my case I want to have confirmation or some sort of guarantee in writing from ford racing, then if I proceed with my tune and level of boost and shiat goes south oil pump gear wise I have that in my back pocket.....even now with the engine installed if they cannot confirm either way based on serial number then ive asked them who is suppose to pay for the labour to open the mtor up or to pull it out and send it back...I sure as shiat aint paying....ball is in there court now so lets see how they handle this...oil pump gears are listed under the 9.5 Alluminator on there website in bold letters and if they aren't there its for them to make it right as its false advertizing....if they don't resolve this at there expense then I can see a huge shiat storm coming and ill definitely be involved in it...

here is the motor as listed on there website and it clearly states the gerotor OPG

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12763

in the 13 and 14 Ford Racing Catalogue they aren't listed...what gives?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/catalogs/virtual/files/assets/basic-html/index.html#52-53

Last edited:

Coonsnake

Established Member
Wow thats crazy to hear this. I will definitely look into this a lil more as we have the 9.5:l aluminator as well.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
^^^and this is exactly what I mean by they don't know what they are in for....im sure anyone with the 9.5:1 Alluminator will want OPG confirmation...who pays? what do they do to fix the situation if in fact some donot have the OPG as advertised....id have no problem putting a set in on there dime for the parts and labour but then what happens to the warranty...lot of answers needed...

Last edited:

CSG

Established Member
They actually lost a sale to me because of this. I was all set to place my order when stretch gave me a call and told me what happened with his. I decided that if I have to take it apart anyway then I might as well just sleeve my block and put it all together myself.

D.T.R

Established Member
Oh they better have their shit figured out... if my aluminator breaks because of having a regular oil pump instead of the one they advertised, they are going to hear from me.
Definitely curious to see what comes out of this.

Stretch, when did you buy your aluminator(s) ?

mystickeith50

Established Member
About 4 months ago when I was gonna buy mine I was originally told the 11:1 n the 9.5:1 had the billet gears by ford racing themselves. Then I called to order the 11:1 one n I asked again n the guy told me the 11:1 didn'thhave them "yet". He also told me some on the 9.5 ones had them n some didn't. I was basically like wtf, n the guy was like yeah sorry. I know this doesn't help but that was my experience.

bigriff85

Established Member
I bought mine a year and a half ago (9.5:1 aluminator) mine definitely doesn't have them but I will be getting some my car did 623/602 last night w/ the i1 on 10psi stock exhaust and before I do Longtubes & more boost I really want the oil pump gear in it for piece of mind especially before taking it back to the strip!

D.T.R

Established Member
Well they have been advertising that it has an upgraded oil pump... so if the motor fails because of it, that would be false advertisement.

Last edited:

CSG

Established Member
I would bet that legally they would only be responsible for supplying you with the billet pump and not any damage caused. Hopefully they stand behind it though...

calgarybandit

Established Member

D.T.R

Established Member
if you pop a motor because of something they advertised, and wasn't even in the motor to begin with (false advertisement) i don't know how them sending me a $299 billet oil pump gear is going to remediate anything. I would certainly get me an attorney.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
i had a brief conversation with the Supervisor about 30 mins ago that lasted all of 45 seconds...said they have no news yet and that it wont be til mid to late next week that they will have an answer as to how they are going to handle things....imho id say its 50/50 at best that they will do anything at all and if they do it will be limited to lerhals providing the actual gears but not covering any of the work involved to pull motors from cars and pay for labour....i can see them saying they would do the jobs but the motors would have to go back to them to have any kinda warranty...dont see them authorizing anything that involves any performance shops or do it yourselfers doing any of the work because they woukd have to stand behind there advertized warranty...this sucks, i can see me just swallowing the loss and ordeing a set of opg and paying to put them in.....thats just my .02 as to outcomes...i doubt they will offer full compensation...

D.T.R

Established Member
^ did your car break or how did you find out that you didn't have the oil pump gears?
I dont know man, i don't think i could sit here and take it if my motor goes because of the oil pump. I would check with an attorney to see if there is something they can do about it. But again, i'm not in that predicament yet so...

Bad Intention

Established Member
I purchaed my 9.5:1 in late Aug 2012 before they had Billet oil pump gears (installed TSS gears before instal). Wonder how many 9.5:1's were left with out billet oil pump gears when they decided to start adding them to the Aluminator.

D.T.R

Established Member
oh. I thought he took it apart or it broke or something.
I bought mine in October through Tousley ford... i wonder if i should call them to see what they say? they're probably going to tell me to call Ford Racing -___-

Last edited:

dabster

Established Member
oh. I thought he took it apart or it broke or something.
I bought mine in October through Tousley ford... i wonder if i should call them to see what they say? they're probably going to tell me to call Ford Racing -___-

it would be so ****ed if this started becoming a common issue. any vids of the beast yet?

D.T.R

Established Member
^ i was too concerned about other crap so i didn't even think about videoing anything, but i threw it on the dyno on pump 93... she made 705whp on 11psi (9.5:1 aluminator)... I'm going to see what ET i can run with that ... and when i get bored i'll throw race gas in and turn it up.

dabster

Established Member
^ i was too concerned about other crap so i didn't even think about videoing anything, but i threw it on the dyno on pump 93... she made 705whp on 11psi (9.5:1 aluminator)... I'm going to see what ET i can run with that ... and when i get bored i'll throw race gas in and turn it up.

hows it feel? liking it better than the rsx? I'm sure traction is fun lol

Users who are viewing this thread