9.5 aluminator vs 11to1

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
been following stretch for over a year now and his green car is what had me go with my current paxton setup...glad to see his many different setups and learn what works and doesnt...my car is currently over at BilletProShop in Montreal having a new 9.5:1 Alluminator put in, the JPC triple 465lph return fuel system, an ATI 15% lower and going from the 3.33 that was on my 11:1 down to an extra grip 3.15 pulley...im hoping the combination of 3.15 and 15% lower nets me atleast the 700/525 i made on the 11:1 setup...im not doing the wastegated setup either im just gonna spin the biatch to around 7800rpm and see how that works out boost and power wise...if it aint enough to get the car where i want it ill pulley down to the 2.95 or 2.85....my goal for the car is atleast 9.50's and a shot at consistant 150mph runs....im glad to see the 9.5:1 is making some jam and getting some good feedback because i was having a pretty tough time deciding on either a 9.5:1 or the 11:1 alluminator...hoping to be on the dyno for initail tune on feb 20th...wont be til early to mid April til our weather is track worthy...hoping for good things this year in both my 5.0 and gt500...

Last edited:

phil h

Established Member
Stretch is the Aluminator going back to ford racing to never return or to have a new sportsman block assembled?

I would bet that they want him to try out the new sportsman block with aluminator internals. They really should come this way anyway or at least make it an upgrade.

D98GT

Established Member
I bet Stretch knows a car with that exact setup that you are planning on running Allkheiz ;)

I think you will be happy with those numbers as long as the aluminator handles your abuse.

Bud

Established Member
I would bet that they want him to try out the new sportsman block with aluminator internals. They really should come this way anyway or at least make it an upgrade.

If the new sportsman block is better than the last revision, they need to offer a shortblock with it and the aluminator guts. Would be a cool option for people looking to go fast.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
If the new sportsman block is better than the last revision, they need to offer a shortblock with it and the aluminator guts. Would be a cool option for people looking to go fast.

I have been waiting for this exact thing! C'mon stretch the jig is up spill the beans!

Deespeed99

Established Member
been following stretch for over a year now and his green car is what had me go with my current paxton setup...glad to see his many different setups and learn what works and doesnt...my car is currently over at BilletProShop in Montreal having a new 9.5:1 Alluminator put in, the JPC triple 465lph return fuel system, an ATI 15% lower and going from the 3.33 that was on my 11:1 down to an extra grip 3.15 pulley...im hoping the combination of 3.15 and 15% lower nets me atleast the 700/525 i made on the 11:1 setup...im not doing the wastegated setup either im just gonna spin the biatch to around 7800rpm and see how that works out boost and power wise...if it aint enough to get the car where i want it ill pulley down to the 2.95 or 2.85....my goal for the car is atleast 9.50's and a shot at consistant 150mph runs....im glad to see the 9.5:1 is making some jam and getting some good feedback because i was having a pretty tough time deciding on either a 9.5:1 or the 11:1 alluminator...hoping to be on the dyno for initail tune on feb 20th...wont be til early to mid April til our weather is track worthy...hoping for good things this year in both my 5.0 and gt500...

Id upgrade the valvetrain and have them confirm you have the billet oil gears in it. Id also make sure to add an ati dampner. The aluminators are good motors but IMO arent made to rev that high without some valvetrain mods & upgrades.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
im not a shop. they won't do that for a nobody. is a good idea though.

You sir are a pioneer. Testament to stock engine fortitude and overall downright nastiness. Somebody that goes as fast as you with so little is not a nobody. With that said fingers are crossed for a sportsman aluminator. What is happening with your aluminator stretch?

mystickeith50

Established Member
Stretch I'm confused. Is the engine going back because it was an 11:1 aluminator n u didn't realize until u blew some oil pump gears? Sorry for the ignorance just trying to understand.

stretchb

Established Member
Stretch I'm confused. Is the engine going back because it was an 11:1 aluminator n u didn't realize until u blew some oil pump gears? Sorry for the ignorance just trying to understand.

no it was not an 11:1
lets just say its having some oil pressure issues and they said send it back to them.

svtlightningx2

Established Member
Turbo vs supercharger

The turbo guys are seeing the same hp on the low comp because the turbos are working harder. It takes more air to get the same boost on a 9.5 vs 11 to1 engine. The guys with the century's are proving just that. Losing 4 psi on the same setup supercharged. If they pulley it up it will make close to the same. A little better because there is more room for air/gas charge on a 9.5 to 1. With a turbo the wastegate looks after all that the turbos are just flowing more. :beer:

dabster

Established Member
point of this post is the less compression motor (w/power adder) is just not gonna kill all power like some people believe.

i had my tuner at the track tonight to tune on the car with the new motor. we got a few logs but track was being anal about running 150+ mph and asked me to leave before tuner even made any changes.

why'd you go with a second alluminator what happened to the first one?

stretchb

Established Member
why'd you go with a second alluminator what happened to the first one?
long story short... I ordered 2 aluminators the same time. both the 9.5 compression. neither motor had billet oil pump gears!

so if you only hurt one motor how are yo on your 5th :shrug:
technically I have only hurt 2 motors broke one block and new aluminator did not have the shit it was ADVERTISED to have.

Last edited:

mystickeith50

Established Member
Wow that stinks. I called them at least 4 times when I was gonna buy one and every timeI called they gave me different answers to my questions.

Users who are viewing this thread