9.5 aluminator vs 11to1

stretchb

Established Member
if you pop a motor because of something they advertised, and wasn't even in the motor to begin with (false advertisement) i don't know how them sending me a $299 billet oil pump gear is going to remediate anything. I would certainly get me an attorney.

says $759 value

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
few guys i e spoken to locally want about $700 just in labour to seap the OPG's and the. of course there is the cost of the gears...id say installed with shipping costs and all itll be around $1200...thats a fIr chunk of change and not something tbat i want to be chasing ford for either....i just received a call aswell and as if now all he had for me is its not in his hands, he can only pass the i fo on to thise that make the descisions..in the meantime my car sits imobile because i wont dare tune it or proceed with any of my plans until i know 100% i have or dont have OPG's....sure i could crack her open and check on my own dime and void the warranty while im at it....im pretty much giving them til the end of Feb to get this situation right....i hope everyone on here with a 9.5:1 alluminator all put in a call to Ford Racing demanding the same info....do i or do i not have the gears in my motor as advertized! if i do i want it in writing so im protected, if not then send me the OPG's and a cheque for the labour to do the job....right now im in limbo and i hate being stuck between a rock and a hard place!

BMR Tech

Just thought I would share this.

This is a good friend and customer of mine. It took him 18 PSI w/ 9.5 CR to match the 15 PSI #'s w/ 11.1 CR.

jimh.jpg

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
i ran both the 3.48" and was able to get 9.80's and then went to the 3.33" and went 9.60's before i had my issue and am positive it would have gone 9.50's maybe better on that same 3.33"....with the new 9 5 alluminator im going down to 3.15" blower pulley and a 15% ati lower...i assume ill see the extra 3-4 psi with that combo and fully expect to see the same hp i made previously...

Turbosixx

Established Member
Fwiw I've been 9.80's at 141 with a 9.5:1 aluminator on a 3.48" 8 rib pulley. Been 9.60's on a 3.15" six rib pulley.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
few guys i e spoken to locally want about $700 just in labour to seap the OPG's and the. of course there is the cost of the gears...id say installed with shipping costs and all itll be around $1200...thats a fIr chunk of change and not something tbat i want to be chasing ford for either....i just received a call aswell and as if now all he had for me is its not in his hands, he can only pass the i fo on to thise that make the descisions..in the meantime my car sits imobile because i wont dare tune it or proceed with any of my plans until i know 100% i have or dont have OPG's....sure i could crack her open and check on my own dime and void the warranty while im at it....im pretty much giving them til the end of Feb to get this situation right....i hope everyone on here with a 9.5:1 alluminator all put in a call to Ford Racing demanding the same info....do i or do i not have the gears in my motor as advertized! if i do i want it in writing so im protected, if not then send me the OPG's and a cheque for the labour to do the job....right now im in limbo and i hate being stuck between a rock and a hard place!

That is a really crappy situation. Question, how would they know the motor's been opened? Do they use bolt seals like the Coyote Stock motors? If not, they'd be really hard pressed to tell if you had the v/c's and front cover off.

D.T.R

Established Member
Just thought I would share this.

This is a good friend and customer of mine. It took him 18 PSI w/ 9.5 CR to match the 15 PSI #'s w/ 11.1 CR.

jimh.jpg

i have no doubt it takes more boost for the 9.5 to make the same power as a 11 aluminator. But, since the discovery of witchcraft (turbos lol) that ain't a big deal... :D

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
^^^its not a chance im willing to take, at the same time my motor is already back in the car with the paxton on it and its had its initial fire up, was suppose to have it tuned next Thursday but have already cancelled that...im not in a big hurry as tracks only open for us early to mid April....ive got time, if i grow sick of waiting for an answer ill lrobably bite the bullet and buy my own OPG's and have them installed...i would like to have my car done and ready for track testing when the tracks are open....i figure giving Ford a chance til the end of the month is fair...i can imagine if everyone with a 9.5:1 alluminator calls the same guy im speaking to they will see how serious an issue this is....if its just one or 2 complaints im sure they prolly wont do much...ive had good communication with Ford already but im just getting the "its been moved to the appropriate people" line so who knows....could be a matter of "if it aint broke dont fix it" i just want to bave piece of mind that i have them and if not that im covered regardless...if something goes array i also have to consider possible damage to the blower etc etc so im trying to deal with this so i truly have a fresh start with the new setup and not a ticking time bomb...

calgarybandit

Established Member
I spoke to Mike from Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford) and apparently the aluminator is on back order and he thinks it's because of Ford checking for this issue :shrug:

Tx5.0

Established Member
It's been a while since this thread has moved... Does anyone have any reviews/updates they would like to share?

Users who are viewing this thread