5 Officers Charged With Murder in Memphis Police Killing

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lots of outrage. "Something needs to change!". "Get rid of qualified immunity!". Sorry, still haven't heard many, if any good ideas. Getting rid of qualified immunity will have the direct consequence of making most, if not all places more unsafe. While there is some bullshit (at the benefit of the police) that goes along with that, I am not about to make that trade that because a bunch of douchebags of all different races can't stop resisting arrest. Memphis seemed to be handled properly other than those guys shouldn't have been cops in the first place.

Now on the duty to protect - that is bullshit and should change.

I don't agree with removing qualified immunity, however --

The "qualified" part of it needs to have a harder look taken much more often than it currently does.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
When I say I’ve never needed a cop that is me saying that I and my family are fully capable of defending ourselves and our property.

Does Law Enforcement serve a purpose? Sure. I concede that a lawless society, while desirable to some, is not ideal as the weak and the stupid would be easily consumed by the criminal element.

With that said, the criminal Justice system as it sits today is completely broken. THAT is the issue at hand.

The American Police System is barely 120 years old.

How the hell did we ever manage prior to 1880's hmmmmmm

cobracide

Established Member
iu

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
The American Police System is barely 120 years old.

How the hell did we ever manage prior to 1880's hmmmmmm

I’ll have to dig out my old criminal Justice books but constables, night watchmen and public punishments played a factor.

This new age shit didn’t start till the 50/60s if I remember correctly.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Qualified Immunity need to change to if the officer is found guilty of a crime, especially excessive force, then the officer should be able to be sued. That way the officer would get at least 2 chances in court to prove that he shouldn’t be held responsible.

I know very few plaintiff's attorneys who would take a case to personally sue a cop. What's a judgement against someone like that going to be worth? Most of it would be a chapter 7 filing away from being wiped out.

Tezz500

Established Member
I know very few plaintiff's attorneys who would take a case to personally sue a cop. What's a judgement against someone like that going to be worth? Most of it would be a chapter 7 filing away from being wiped out.

What’s worse,

Dying from police brutality?

Or

Going bankrupt?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Get rid of that and I won’t go hands on with anybody. Ever. I’m not risking my life savings and home to pay off some entitled pussy.

I'm cool with that .. if we amend self defense in our legal system.

The overall society is getting fed up however. It seems I can throw a dart at the map and we'll find incompetent, corrupt and criminal levels of policing in any give department.

Parkland shooting, Uvalde Shooting, Floyd, Seattle, Portland, Baltimore, Chicago, those ****wits in Nashville passing around that downs women. Dude in the hallway in Vegas, kid at the 7-11 in Utah, dude that swat shot on his couch. Every two weeks it's another horror story and the reality starts to sink in... We only hear about it because we now have videos.

If we didn't have video of this incident it would be "5 heroic cops nearly killed when routine traffic stop derails. Suspect attacked the cops, going for a weapon and they did their best to restrain him". We'd all be "FAFO Amirite!?".

Instead we hear that narrative but then get watch what amounts to a gangland beat down just short of an actual curb-stop to the jaw.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I wouldn't risk my savings/home/family either. So I don't disagree with you there.

But absolute power corrupts absolutely. And while you may high moral fiber, the qualified immunity system grants power to those who may not. Those are the people murdering and abusing the public and ending up in the news.

Saying it's just a consequence of the system, but it's all we've got, is all well and good until you're the one with a death by cop family member and watching him/her walk free.

Reform is needed. Not at the expense of the innocents livelihood (read police officers families), but absolutely to the effect it gives pause to potential abuses of power.

My agency is strict. DUI has always been immediate proposed termination. If you have no other issues you can usually get it reduced to 15-30 days off no pay.

If you’re a Supervisor, demoted every time I’ve seen someone get one.

Hell they fired some of our guys for posting shit about AOC on FB

I’m sure some squirrelly shit happens elsewhere but in 19yrs, I’ve never seen anything remotely close to someone getting a beat down from multiple dudes or anybody for that matter.

Always enough to win the fight by a large margin though.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
There is quite a bit of shit i want to say right now but can’t. I will say BLM and anyone that supports them can die in a fire.

That kid was literally beat to death on video by 5 cops yet nothing really happened. Barely in the news cycle. Complete joke. That shit has never been about black lives or police brutality. If you’re a ****ing retard and couldn’t figure it out before, this should connect the dots.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tezz500

Established Member
There is quite a bit of shit i want to say right now but can’t. I will say BLM and anyone that supports them can die in a fire.

That kid was literally beat to death on video by 5 cops yet nothing really happened. Barely in the news cycle. Complete joke. That shit has never been about black lives or police brutality. If you’re a ****ing retard and couldn’t figure it out before, this should connect the dots.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BLM is just ANTIFA in another flavor. A tool of the left to gas light the Libbies.

MG0h3

Established Member
When I say I’ve never needed a cop that is me saying that I and my family are fully capable of defending ourselves and our property.

Does Law Enforcement serve a purpose? Sure. I concede that a lawless society, while desirable to some, is not ideal as the weak and the stupid would be easily consumed by the criminal element.

With that said, the criminal Justice system as it sits today is completely broken. THAT is the issue at hand.

Not just the Le side either.

I always suspected the court system was a sham, but now I know it is.

Friend just started working for a defense attorney. Conference call with a guy that got popped with 8k of meth.

Tells him pay me 20k and you won’t even have to go to jail. Done deal.

Friend asks the attorney, how can you promise him that. He admitted to having the drugs.

“I know the judge that got assigned to the case”.

****ing bs.

Tezz500

Established Member

Friend just started working for a defense attorney. Conference call with a guy that got popped with 8k of meth.

Friend asks the attorney, how can you promise him that. He admitted to having the drugs.

****ing bs.

100000% Bro.

It’s corrupt from the top down… all the way to the ****ing POTUS.

Zemedici

Established Member

****ing bs.

Coming from a rural town growing up, this happens every single day. Literally every day.

Local business owner got arrested for SA’ing a minor

I heard it was the 3rd time, first 2 got brushed under the rug and they couldn’t do it again.

MG0h3

Established Member
Seen some on Twitter claiming 3 of the cops where honest to God Vice Lord (gang) members.

Could be. I know a lot of gangs have infiltrated the military.

If this is true and other officers knew and it wasn’t reported, they should be canned. They would be at my agency.

I really don’t understand how this shit goes on.

Lack of candor is the quickest way to get fired for us.

The smugglers like to lob rocks and concrete over the fence at us when we get too close to their cargo. They’ll string split open inner tube between two posts and launch 20# chunks like 150’ sometimes.

One night a buddy had had enough and started lobbing rocks back over the fence at them. All caught on camera as we have an extensive system in that area. Cam showed him doing it and another agent just standing there.

They both get hauled in. Both deny it.

Rock thrower comes clean the next day. Other guy stands his ground and keeps denying that anybody threw rocks. He got fired for lying and never threw a rock. Rock thrower got a few days off unpaid.

Why it’s hard for me to imagine all these officers knowing how dirty these clowns are but ya never know.

We have an anonymous line to report any and everything.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
BLM is just ANTIFA in another flavor. A tool of the left to gas light the Libbies.

Yep. Screaming, crying, looting, burning, rioting murder and of course blaming whitey for everything.

That’s the worst i have seen on tape as far as police brutality and overall unprofessionalism. What happened to that kid made Rodney Kings beating look like a 5 year olds first trip to Disney Land. Yet really…as far as the outcry given these circumstances. Nothing. Cricket’s really.

These dudes looked and acted like they were picked up by a gang unit and given badges and guns then sent out as part of a ****ing work program to get time off.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I really don’t understand how this shit goes on.

Lack of candor is the quickest way to get fired for us.

Why it’s hard for me to imagine all these officers knowing how dirty these clowns are but ya never know.

We have an anonymous line to report any and everything.

Exhibit A: The FBI

Users who are viewing this thread