5 Officers Charged With Murder in Memphis Police Killing

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Get rid of that and I won’t go hands on with anybody. Ever. I’m not risking my life savings and home to pay off some entitled pussy.

Even when we are found to be in the right, the Gov still pays.

If we are in the wrong in the GOV eyes, they will not defend us.

It’s not as much of a security blanket as you think. Least not where I work.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I wouldn't risk my savings/home/family either. So I don't disagree with you there.

But absolute power corrupts absolutely. And while you may high moral fiber, the qualified immunity system grants power to those who may not. Those are the people murdering and abusing the public and ending up in the news.

Saying it's just a consequence of the system, but it's all we've got, is all well and good until you're the one with a death by cop family member and watching him/her walk free.

Reform is needed. Not at the expense of the innocents livelihood (read police officers families), but absolutely to the effect it gives pause to potential abuses of power.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
If I’ve needed the military, than you need the police.

End of story.

Just like I can’t (and don’t) say that the military that I’ve never seen do anything to directly protect me does nothing for me, you can’t say that the police that you’ve never needed don’t do anything for you.

You have any idea how many ****ing sickos and pedos there are out there? Lost count of how many I’ve arrested.

Maybe the existence of the police and the threat of consequences has prevented your child from being abducted and raped?

And yes, I know all Marines are rifleman. My dad was in the corps.

I was really just trying to paint a whole organization like you do.

When I say I’ve never needed a cop that is me saying that I and my family are fully capable of defending ourselves and our property.

Does Law Enforcement serve a purpose? Sure. I concede that a lawless society, while desirable to some, is not ideal as the weak and the stupid would be easily consumed by the criminal element.

With that said, the criminal Justice system as it sits today is completely broken. THAT is the issue at hand.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Semantics aside, Qualified Immunity needs to dismantled. There's near zero consequence or personal responsibility to Officers actions.
Umm. I believe they were charged with second degree murder before the public had even seen the videos... Is that near zero consequence?

Tezz500

Established Member
Semantics aside, Qualified Immunity needs to dismantled. There's near zero consequence or personal responsibility to Officers actions. It takes public outcry to force the hand.

Equally as troubling is the fact Police Officers are not required to come to your defense or take action. Thanks to the Supreme court ruling. I could be strangled in broad daylight, in front of an officer, who takes no action, and they face no consequence.

So essentially we have a bunch of empowered security guards with a hall pass running around. We need the police, but we absolutely need reform.

Exactly.

These are just two of the major issues that need to be addressed in the Criminal Justice System.

Tezz500

Established Member
Get rid of that and I won’t go hands on with anybody. Ever. I’m not risking my life savings and home to pay off some entitled pussy.

Even when we are found to be in the right, the Gov still pays.

If we are in the wrong in the GOV eyes, they will not defend us.

It’s not as much of a security blanket as you think. Least not where I work.

The government pays…

Where does the government get that money from?

No there needs to be PERSONAL accountability.

If I kill someone in a damn bar fight their family can come after me legally even if it’s justified. LEOs cant even be sued. That’s straight up BULLSHIT.

You said it yourself, you’d DEFINITELY think twice about jacking someone up if your life’s worth was on the line……

Bullitt1448

Established Member
The government pays…

Where does the government get that money from?

No there needs to be PERSONAL accountability.

If I kill someone in a damn bar fight their family can come after me legally even if it’s justified. LEOs cant even be sued. That’s straight up BULLSHIT.

You said it yourself, you’d DEFINITELY think twice about jacking someone up if your life’s worth was on the line……
If the LEO is found guilty he should be the one having to foot the bill, if he doesn’t have the cash or assets, the government pays and the LEO gets to pay them back

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Lots of outrage. "Something needs to change!". "Get rid of qualified immunity!". Sorry, still haven't heard many, if any good ideas. Getting rid of qualified immunity will have the direct consequence of making most, if not all places more unsafe. While there is some bullshit (at the benefit of the police) that goes along with that, I am not about to make that trade that because a bunch of douchebags of all different races can't stop resisting arrest. Memphis seemed to be handled properly other than those guys shouldn't have been cops in the first place.

Now on the duty to protect - that is bullshit and should change.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Qualified Immunity need to change to if the officer is found guilty of a crime, especially excessive force, then the officer should be able to be sued. That way the officer would get at least 2 chances in court to prove that he shouldn’t be held responsible.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I think some of you need to take a few minutes to research Qualified Immunity to understand how it works.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Bingo.

I got a buyer that screwed up an cost the company $24k. He's fired.

I got a dock guy that runs over someone's foot with a fork truck. He's fired.

Cop crashes his car on a highspeed chase and kills Grandma.... Bruuhh it's a hard job.

Cops mag dump a Blue Tacoma or a UPS truck cause they skkkarred.... Kill a bunch of innocents. It's an accident bruhhh.

Enforcing Closures and Masks? Letting cities burn and gangs take over whole districts so they can become "autonomous".... Just following orders bruhhh

Hes not wrong here.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats my point.

This is whole thing is peak leftism. Urban shithole run by leftists, with a PD whose chief is a Diversity and Equity grand prize hire, who likely drove off many cops who didnt want to be subject to social justice pogroms and re-education, and a bunch of diversity hire cops that likely couldnt have met the standards a decade ago. You can see by the photos of the cops, that 3 of them look pretty young - very likely theyve only been cops for a few years if that.

Media will sweep it under the rug in a couple of days.

Equity agenda at it's best.

The media is PIIIIIIISSED that all the cops were black. (and the Chief).

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Qualified Immunity need to change to if the officer is found guilty of a crime, especially excessive force, then the officer should be able to be sued. That way the officer would get at least 2 chances in court to prove that he shouldn’t be held responsible.
Who pays for his lawyer?
Day late and a dollar short for the Nigga that’s dead eh?
Yep. Sucks for him.

Morgan

Established Member
Saw a clip from ABC with Tyre’s dad stating that a “white” officer was featured in footage from the initial stop taser’ing his son and asking why his name has not been released.

Morgan

Established Member
I haven’t watched the video but if this is true, that dude must be out of his mind with paranoia.

Users who are viewing this thread