5 Officers Charged With Murder in Memphis Police Killing

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
LEO’s are human beings but if they can’t control their emotions in stressful situations, they shouldn’t be LEO’s.

Yes, but again, they're human beings. It's gonna happen. You cannot predict how every human being will react 5, 10, or 25 years from today, in a stressful situation.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Yes, but again, they're human beings. It's gonna happen. You cannot predict how every human being will react 5, 10, or 25 years from today, in a stressful situation.
If it was 1 or even 2 officers involved I may agree with you but there were 5 of them and not one had the balls to to tell the others to stop. Each one knew what they were doing to the guy was wrong and no one stepped up to stop it before it was too late.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
LEO's area still a human being. You fail to recognize that.

That’s because I do not recognize them as human beings.

Sarcasm aside…

When I’m doing a safety lock out tag outs for work I have to be 100% correct, 100% of the time. That is the expectation. So that someone doesn’t get killed because of my incompetence.

LEOs don’t seem to be held to the same standard

Or

Fellows LEOs are covering for them

Or

They get the benefit of the doubt when cameras aren’t available.

That really sticks in my crawl.

Tezz500

Established Member
From my own experience as a squad leader, I had a few guys I tried very hard to get rid of. The two I can recall vividly were both turds from the beginning but you have to at least give them a shot at being Marines. This one guy, Grumbles, was infamous in the battalion because he got lost during land nav on the alpha shelf of Camp Horno which resulted in a search party getting sent out to find him well after 7pm that day. All he had to do was follow the lights DOWN HILL to find his way yet people had to find him. That was just one of many offenses over a 2 year span. The other was a 20 something who thought it was a great idea to hook up with a 15 year old in his car in a mall parking lot on the weekend and inevitably got caught by police.

Without hesitation I told my 1stSgt and Plt Commander to get rid of them both when I found out because they were worthless to us and always had been, it was just another example of their ineptness. Neither contributed to the squad or platoon yet both individuals got grace from our 1st Sgt and 2nd and 3rd chances. I have no patience for people like that, people who will drag the rest down. If they are identified as being turds I want them gone as soon as possible yet for the remainder of my time there I was stuck with them. It isn't always the peers that are the problem but often the leadership who won't lift a thumb to improve the team for the sake of losing a body that impacts overall numbers.

I have to believe that the same dynamic exists within police departments because leadership is ultimately responsible for manning power, and they take the heat for not having the bodies they need. The people they report to just think they aren't training well enough.

The problem I have comparing the two is that in the military you’ve signed a contract and literally are government property subject to the UCMJ…

LEOs can just be fired. It’s a civilian job. I don’t care how much Molle gear they’re rockin.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
That’s because I do not recognize them as human beings.

Sarcasm aside…

When I’m doing a safety lock out tag outs for work I have to be 100% correct, 100% of the time. That is the expectation. So that someone doesn’t get killed because of my incompetence.

LEOs don’t seem to be held to the same standard

Or

Fellows LEOs are covering for them

Or

They get the benefit of the doubt when cameras aren’t available.

That really sticks in my crawl.

You take your work seriously. Great.

But you chose a poor example, with few variables, but I'll bite.

We'll never know this, but I am 100% convinced that I could get you to ****-up 1 out of 100 times by yelling, screaming, degrading, spitting on you, not listening to your commands, hitting you, all after 3+ years of the media, some of your friends, family, and some of your bosses telling you repeatedly how ****ing chickenshit of a worker you are and you suck.

MG0h3

Established Member
I don’t understand the comparison to LEOs and the military.

LEOs only think they’re Military.

Other than MPs, the military isn’t enforcing laws on American soil.

They are not the same.

First of all, I’m just trying to make a point.

Second of all, 95% of military can’t even operate an M4. So wtf?

They just run a warehouse that a high schooler could and all say “that ain’t my job”.

You once said “I’ve never needed a cop”.

Well I’ve never needed the military so wtf?

You really are a Karen/lib on this. Pains me to say it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
There are tons of morons infesting every single industry.

I work with one right now. ****ing Idiot dropped a 300mw unit on its ass because he wasn’t paying attention and punched in the number 2 instead of 62 on the gas valve.

Happens with him OFTEN. I’d fire the mother ****er immediately if I had that power. He doesn’t belong on a control board.

With that said, he doesn’t have authority over and hold peoples lives in his hands the same way a LEO does.

He’s not infringing on peoples rights with government backed immunity.

Bingo.

I got a buyer that screwed up an cost the company $24k. He's fired.

I got a dock guy that runs over someone's foot with a fork truck. He's fired.

Cop crashes his car on a highspeed chase and kills Grandma.... Bruuhh it's a hard job.

Cops mag dump a Blue Tacoma or a UPS truck cause they skkkarred.... Kill a bunch of innocents. It's an accident bruhhh.

Enforcing Closures and Masks? Letting cities burn and gangs take over whole districts so they can become "autonomous".... Just following orders bruhhh

Tezz500

Established Member
You take your work seriously. Great.

But you chose a poor example, with few variables, but I'll bite.

We'll never know this, but I am 100% convinced that I could get you to ****-up 1 out of 100 times by yelling, screaming, degrading, spitting on you, not listening to your commands, hitting you, all after 3+ years of the media, some of your friends, family, and some of your bosses telling you repeatedly how ****ing chickenshit of a worker you are and you suck.

Sounds like a few supervisors I’ve buried during my 25yrs in this profession LOL.

I will concede that it is a stressful job.

And that’s one of many reasons ALOT of people should not be in those positions.

The entire system needs to be redesigned.

That’s the point I ALWAYS trying to make.

It’s not just LEOs… it’s the system that breeds this type of shit.

Tezz500

Established Member
Bingo.

I got a buyer that screwed up an cost the company $24k. He's fired.

I got a dock guy that runs over someone's foot with a fork truck. He's fired.

Cop crashes his car on a highspeed chase and kills Grandma.... Bruuhh it's a hard job.

Cops mag dump a Blue Tacoma or a UPS truck cause they skkkarred.... Kill a bunch of innocents. It's an accident bruhhh.

Enforcing Closures and Masks? Letting cities burn and gangs take over whole districts so they can become "autonomous".... Just following orders bruhhh

1000000%

Tezz500

Established Member
First of all, I’m just trying to make a point.

1. Second of all, 95% of military can’t even operate an M4. So wtf?

2. They just run a warehouse that a high schooler could and all say “that ain’t my job”.

3. You once said “I’ve never needed a cop”.
Well I’ve never needed the military so wtf?

4. You really are a Karen/lib on this. Pains me to say it.

1. I’m not sure what the percentage is in other branches so I cannot speak to the use of M16s-M4s in other branches but, being proficient with a Rifle is part of your proficiency and conduct marks to receive promotions in the Marine Corps.

2. Correct. Most MOSs have nothing to do with combat. At all. Whatsoever.

3. You’ve certainly needed the military. This country wouldn’t exists without it. Though I would stipulate that you didn’t need them invading Iraq twice for no ****ing reason what so ever.

4. I’m fine with that label. Cops need to held accountable. This Wyatt Earp wanna be shits gotta stop.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Sounds like a few supervisors I’ve buried during my 25yrs in this profession LOL.

I will concede that it is a stressful job.

And that’s one of many reasons ALOT of people should not be in those positions.

The entire system needs to be redesigned.

That’s the point I ALWAYS trying to make.

It’s not just LEOs… it’s the system that breeds this type of shit.

Right Bud.

It's evil that reviles in creating and enjoying these horrible incidents.

Coosawjack

Established Member
FYI......PNG

MG0h3

Established Member
1. I’m not sure what the percentage is in other branches so I cannot speak to the use of M16s-M4s in other branches but, being proficient with a Rifle is part of your proficiency and conduct marks to receive promotions in the Marine Corps.

2. Correct. Most MOSs have nothing to do with combat. At all. Whatsoever.

3. You’ve certainly needed the military. This country wouldn’t exists without it. Though I would stipulate that you didn’t need them invading Iraq twice for no ****ing reason what so ever.

4. I’m fine with that label. Cops need to held accountable. This Wyatt Earp wanna be shits gotta stop.

If I’ve needed the military, than you need the police.

End of story.

Just like I can’t (and don’t) say that the military that I’ve never seen do anything to directly protect me does nothing for me, you can’t say that the police that you’ve never needed don’t do anything for you.

You have any idea how many ****ing sickos and pedos there are out there? Lost count of how many I’ve arrested.

Maybe the existence of the police and the threat of consequences has prevented your child from being abducted and raped?

And yes, I know all Marines are rifleman. My dad was in the corps.

I was really just trying to paint a whole organization like you do.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Semantics aside, Qualified Immunity needs to dismantled. There's near zero consequence or personal responsibility to Officers actions. It takes public outcry to force the hand.

Equally as troubling is the fact Police Officers are not required to come to your defense or take action. Thanks to the Supreme court ruling. I could be strangled in broad daylight, in front of an officer, who takes no action, and they face no consequence.

So essentially we have a bunch of empowered security guards with a hall pass running around. We need the police, but we absolutely need reform.

MG0h3

Established Member
Semantics aside, Qualified Immunity needs to dismantled. There's near zero consequence or personal responsibility to Officers actions. It takes public outcry to force the hand.

Equally as troubling is the fact Police Officers are not required to come to your defense or take action. Thanks to the Supreme court ruling. I could be strangled in broad daylight, in front of an officer, who takes no action, and they face no consequence.

So essentially we have a bunch of empowered security guards with a hall pass running around. We need the police, but we absolutely need reform.

Get rid of that and I won’t go hands on with anybody. Ever. I’m not risking my life savings and home to pay off some entitled pussy.

Even when we are found to be in the right, the Gov still pays.

If we are in the wrong in the GOV eyes, they will not defend us.

It’s not as much of a security blanket as you think. Least not where I work.

Users who are viewing this thread