3rd Annapolis-area/Maryland Cobra Owners Meet/Cruise... OCT 3

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Mother Nature is smiling down on us today. I'm getting ready to leave, gonna grab something to eat and wash the car real quick. See you MoCo guys at the Safeway.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
Mother Nature is smiling down on us today. I'm getting ready to leave, gonna grab something to eat and wash the car real quick. See you MoCo guys at the Safeway.

Yea she is. My thermometer outside reads 58 degrees. Even if it gets 15-20 degrees hotter, it will still be cool! :thumbsup:

As far as washing the car goes, my car will probably be the dirtiest car there today. It rained a lot yesterday and I don't have time to fully wash it.

See everyone at the Park and Ride :-D

97Snake1668

Amazon Racing-None Better
Established Member
Oops, had a little too good of time last night and didnt get up until later. Sorry guys I wont make it. Hope everyone has fun!

Kris

TRBO VNM

what a blast it was. I didn't go on he cruise since I live 20min from the track. Unfortunately they had a record in the # of breakdowns. 30 freaking people broke. So we didn't get crap for runs in, but I thought it was more of getting together and hanging out. And we definitely accomplished that. 2 guys from our group broke down. 1 half shaft and 1 clutch. by luck we had some other friends there with extra half shafts and they were able to get it replaced. Sean can fill everyone in on the rest of it. He is going to write-up a how to on replacing a half shaft. :-D

Sean, thanks for letting me borrow the sticky pod. the in car vid looks sweet. I will see if I can get it loaded up so I can email it to you. look at some posts up to get my cell number. I might need help getting the transfer going.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Glad to hear you guys had a good time....sorry I missed it but, after the move....which happened Saturday and Sunday...I went to my local Ford Store...and well I picked me up an 04 Yellow Cobra Vert! Now..I can hang with you big dogs!:thumbsup: :coolman:

Evan5469

Established Member
Sounds like everyone had a good time at the track. I know I had a good time just meeting and talking with everyone at the Park and Ride even though i couldn't make it for the rest of the day at the track. But, by the way it sounds I may have lucked out by not going cause with my luck I probably would've broken something too.

But anyway, I can't wait to see the vids from the cruise and at the track. And I will DEFINITELY be up for the next get together

TRBO VNM

yeah it was great to have everyone there...nothing like the announcer saying there are an awful lot of mustangs here today.

Todd/Sean get on the horn about renting the track out.

04Torchvert

Established Member
Fun time! Got to meet all the infamous members of SVTP. Wish could have got more runs in than just two, but im not complaining. Ok guys next time we have to represent wit someone in the 10's.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
It was a good time. Sorry I had to leave early though.....my fiancee wasn't feeling well so I had to get her home. I was waiting for prasad to call me when you guys met up to eat but I guess that never happened? I tell you what.....we definatly need to look into just renting the track next time instead of this "test and tune" 6 hour wait between runs stuff. It was still a pretty good time though, but more a social event that cost 30 bucks than a track day. And that sticky pod looks cool, I'm gonna have to try that thing out one of these times:)

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra330
Glad to hear you guys had a good time....sorry I missed it but, after the move....which happened Saturday and Sunday...I went to my local Ford Store...and well I picked me up an 04 Yellow Cobra Vert! Now..I can hang with you big dogs!:thumbsup: :coolman:

Sweet man, congrats! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by WUTWINE
what a blast it was. I didn't go on he cruise since I live 20min from the track. Unfortunately they had a record in the # of breakdowns. 30 freaking people broke. So we didn't get crap for runs in, but I thought it was more of getting together and hanging out. And we definitely accomplished that. 2 guys from our group broke down. 1 half shaft and 1 clutch. by luck we had some other friends there with extra half shafts and they were able to get it replaced. Sean can fill everyone in on the rest of it. He is going to write-up a how to on replacing a half shaft. :-D

Sean, thanks for letting me borrow the sticky pod. the in car vid looks sweet. I will see if I can get it loaded up so I can email it to you. look at some posts up to get my cell number. I might need help getting the transfer going.

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out for this event. It was actually shocking to me that we had as many Terminators as we did. We had to have had more than 35 there total. Here's a picture of just a few of the fellas that showed up:

DCP_1003r.gif

The meet at the park and ride was sweet and so was the nice cruise down. The track was awesome, except for the fact that people felt the need to breakdown every other run. The had something like 34 breakdowns or something? It put a big dent in the number of runs we were able to get in. Oh well, that's why there's always next time. :thumbsup:

It was definitely good to hang out with guys from as far away as New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Northern Virginia. I appreciate you all making the long haul down to MIR for some fun. I hope you all had a good time.

I REALLY want to thank J.R. and Tommy for basically swapping Dan's cracked half-shaft right then and there with significantly less than all the tools needed for the job. I'm sure Dan appreciated it greatly. I certainly did. Just goes to show you the kind of group we got here fellas :thumbsup:

Now, as far as the write-up for the replacement of half-shafts, here it goes:

1) Remove the wheel on the side which has the broken half-shaft using J.R. (JRS BLOWN SNAKE) and Tom (F8L BITE) while trying to look like you're doing something serious
2) Remove calipers using Tom and J.R. while trying to look like you're doing something serious
3) Remove rotor using Tom and J.R. while, again, trying to look like you're doing something serious
4) Have Tom and J.R. remove and disconnect a whole lot of other stuff. :bash: Make sure that you're pretending like you're really helping.
5) Remove broken half-shaft.
6) Insert new half-shaft, making sure to have Tom and/or J.R. do everything for you.
7) Have Tom and J.R. replace/reconnect a whole bunch of stuff. IMPORTANT: Do whatever is necessary to make it seem like you know what you're doing.
8) Watch J.R. replace tire and tighten lug-nuts.

But in all seriousness, a BIG thanks again to J.R. and Tom for lending their help. Without your help, Dan wasn't going anywhere.

I hope everyone had as great a time as I did. We will DEFINITELY be doing this again. I really like the idea of making a club out of this (Mid-Atlantic Cobra Owners?). I also really like the idea of renting out a track. My uncle claims that it would be about 900 to rent MIR for 5 hours. Don't know if he's right exactly, but he has connections there, so maybe he can make it work.

Once again, a big thanks to everyone who made it what it was. I had a blast and I'm pretty sure everyone else did too! :thumbsup:

And I'll get the cruise and track video edited and hosted as soon as I can, but it won't be until sometime tomorrow evening most likely.

J.R. would like to make sure that there's one thing we CAN'T forget about:

The MIR "Strobe lights"

P.S. Jason, PM me your cell or something. And let me know when you're ready to send me that video of yours. :beer: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mystangs

572/677 Hehe
Established Member
It was a blast, glad I brought some hand tools to at least help with Dan's halfshaft.

The club sounds like a great idea, the NOVA terminators have been discussing that and we are starting to get it together. It would be a great things to have terminators as far up as NJ.

It was great to meet everyone and I look forward to the next one, and hopefully I won't be dragging my pregnant wife around with me. :D

Chris

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Had a blast today guys, nice meeting some new faces, looking forward to the next g2g already!

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
It was a blast except for the traction sucking ass and all the breaks. I'm tired though, got to get the smurf puke off of me, my mother inlaw doesn't like halfshaft swaps the night of her birthday, but I couldn't leave him hanging.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Congrats Cobra330!!!! Let me see......Can either go to track w/ fellas or buy a brand new 04 Screaming Yellow vert.......Hmmmm, big choice. I think I'll go with picking up the new Car! See ya at the next one...

Great time fellas...Think we ended up with 28 Cobras all together. Plus there were three others from Richmond/Fredericksburg area that we hung out with in the never ending lanes. Shame all the other tracks in the state were closed, but just hanging out with everyone was well worth it.

I second Sean's suggestion of forming a Cobra Club and the subject has been brought up by many of you at one time or the other. Just a matter of seeing who of you is interested and starting to come up with some organized events that we can schedule and plan. Mid-Atlantic Cobras (MAC?) or Mid-Atlantic Cobra owners (MACO?) are certainly appropriate names....Any other suggestions???

But one thing we certainly have to do is.......start a new thread......there have been like 275 posts to Sean's original thread, which has to be some kind of a SVTP record!!! So here goes: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129310

And Sean, thanks again for organizing a great event!!!

*Edit......And Tommy, J.R., Sean, and anyone else that helped Dan with replacing his halfshaft.....kudos to you for helping a brother when he's down. Real class acts.......

Last edited:

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Originally posted by F8LBITE
It was a blast except for the traction sucking ass and all the breaks. I'm tired though, got to get the smurf puke off of me, my mother inlaw doesn't like halfshaft swaps the night of her birthday, but I couldn't leave him hanging.

Tommy you are the best. You really saved my ass and I'll find a way to make it up to you.

Thanks to everyone for their help. I was exhausted and very stressed and I appologize if I forgot to thank anyone.

I did make it home OK and the good news is that not exceeding 70MPH and just lightly applying the throttle - staying out of boost I got 22MPG a record for me!!

Thanks again. Got home at 1:20AM.

Dan

NJCOBRA10thA

Established Member
Regarding helping a brother when his down, my friend Ian asked me on the way home how much do 1/2 shafts cost at the dealer? He asked because he thought since I was in a bind that Tommy could have charged me any amount.

I quickly corrected him and said it's not like that - it's a brotherhood and we do things for each other. 2 or 3 weeks ago I gave away a custom tuned Laroccas Autologic chip for free to the first SVTPERFORMANCE MEMBER to ask and give me his address. We do things for each other and it is greatly appreciated! When I donated that chip someone posted that I should be rewarded in kind for my generosity and I said I already was by the great information, commorodity (SP WTF it's 1:30am anyway) and when I needed help because I blew my FPRS but didn't know what was wrong Carstocks posted the question for me and by the time I got home the answer was posted 10x over.

Recently I also sold some Visor decals. I made money on ebay but here it was cost for the first batch and cost + 50 cents for the second and that's the way it should be.

Took lots of shit from the wife so I don't know when I will get to play again but I am taking her 04 GT to Amazon on Saturday for 4.10's and a catted X-pipe. BTW the catted X was my bribe to her for letting me go today.

All I can say is thanks again and again and again. I also have probably 50-75MB free on my high speed hosted server if someone wants videos or pics hosted. I have one video of a KB doing 0-160 that somehow found it's way to being posted on every car board from Acura to VW and gets about 3,000 hits a month.

Thanks again,

Dan

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Good morning everyone... Had a great time meeting everybody yesterday. I had a dream about a strobe light for some reason. LOL.... We got home abot 11 pm. A track rental would be a great idea. I'm in....

I kind of benefitted from staying to help with the halfshaft. Jimmy with the Mystichrome offered up his almost new Et Streets for sale and I jumped on them. So, Thank you Dan. LOL..

Actually, I just assisted Tommy, he had the hard part done till I got back from trying to sneak another run in, and got kicked out. I really wanted that 10, but had to settle for the 11.0. I forgot how to drive from the first run to the second. I think it was 6 hours between runs. Oh well, it's all good. Everyone made it home safely and had a good time with good weather. Cheers until next time. Later, J.R.

NJCOBRA10thA

Established Member
Alrighty - my car is up the street with the local mechanic I am friendly with. He is checking the torque on the main bolt and probably going to replace the tie rod bushing and certainly the bolt.

Is there anything else you can think of he should check while he has it?

Thanks
Dan

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Is there any chance he has a wrench to fix your angry wife. HA HA. I feel you pain brother. The absolute worst part of breaking down while racing, second to nothing, is the wife saying " I TOLD YOU SO " AARRGG! WE will laugh about this some day. Good Luck.

Just the threads need to be cleaned up and your good to go. Tell mechanic you want to save the 8 cent hose clamp that helped you get home so you can make a necklace out of it... Later, J.R.

Users who are viewing this thread