3rd Annapolis-area/Maryland Cobra Owners Meet/Cruise... OCT 3

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
That's great news. I was getting skeered.... I washed, claybarred and waxed car last night until 10 pm. It's funny how you can make time for car stuff, but when wifey wants the garbage taken out, lawn mowed, curtains hung, we don't have time.. I love it......

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by JRS BLOWN SNAKE
That's great news. I was getting skeered.... I washed, claybarred and waxed car last night until 10 pm. It's funny how you can make time for car stuff, but when wifey wants the garbage taken out, lawn mowed, curtains hung, we don't have time.. I love it......

Heh.... Guess I'll be experiencing that sometime soon! Though, if I had a garage, my fiancee would never see me :-D

I gotta give my car a bath tomorrow morning too. This morning dew stuff has got to go.... I hate walking out to my car in the morning and having billions of little tiny water droplets all over it. Not to mention you can't see out of the car until you open your windows and use your wipers.

Bah, oh well... I'll have a garage before May of next year hopefully :thumbsup:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
That's cool. It's easy to take it for granted when you do have one. I still have my car on the trailer from last weekend. I washed it outside the backed trailer in garage for the rest. First time I've done that. I really liked it. Much easier to get down low. Make sure your fiance understands your car habits up front, then it won't be so bad. Now that my wife has a Cobra, it's been easier for me to go to more events, because she's getting into it too. While we all will be at MIR, she will be at a car show in Thurmont. This will be the first time I haven't been with her at a show. Usually a lot of guys want to talk to her about the car and stuff, being a chick car, I have no problem with that. It gives her a boost of confidence in the hobby. We've been married 15 years and have 3 children. I know she'll talk some smack about some young studs trying to pick her up. That's cool. It'll be funny as hell. She is a good looking girl at 34, but I don't have a jealous bone in my body. Makes me feel good she still gets hit on.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by JRS BLOWN SNAKE
That's cool. It's easy to take it for granted when you do have one. I still have my car on the trailer from last weekend. I washed it outside the backed trailer in garage for the rest. First time I've done that. I really liked it. Much easier to get down low. Make sure your fiance understands your car habits up front, then it won't be so bad. Now that my wife has a Cobra, it's been easier for me to go to more events, because she's getting into it too. While we all will be at MIR, she will be at a car show in Thurmont. This will be the first time I haven't been with her at a show. Usually a lot of guys want to talk to her about the car and stuff, being a chick car, I have no problem with that. It gives her a boost of confidence in the hobby. We've been married 15 years and have 3 children. I know she'll talk some smack about some young studs trying to pick her up. That's cool. It'll be funny as hell. She is a good looking girl at 34, but I don't have a jealous bone in my body. Makes me feel good she still gets hit on.

I dream about a garage. Hopefully that dream will get fulfilled sometime soon. My poor black paint :(

Oh, trust me. My fiancee has been with me 6 years now and unfortunately, she's all too aware of my obsession with cars. However, she likes sweet cars too, she's just not into the me-driving-a-really-fast-car-really-fast-with-her-in-it idea :-D Still haven't figured that one out yet. Oh well. She saw Rob's (04TorchVert) Cobra and was like, "Ooooo. Sean, I want one of those!" I then proceeded to say, "Well, sounds like you need to learn how to drive stick then. Whose car can you borrow?" :-D A Cobra, if I can afford it, is most likely in her future. Her '95 Lexus is just over 230K miles, so it's about time. I also try to include her in my Autocross events and I'm trying to make sure she comes to as many drag strip events as she can. She's just so busy with school lately, trying to graduate a semester early and all. Overachiever :-D

Whereabouts in Thurmont is the car meet? Thurmont is less than 5 minutes from the Mount, where I went to school. Sheetz is an awesome late-night food binge :-D

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
This looks like it is shaping up to be an awesome day at MIR. I doubt we get a turnout like this at Ford Fever. I just wish I had my car retuned before Sunday. But it will have to wait till the 12th. The air should be pretty good and everyone should run some good times.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by F8LBITE
This looks like it is shaping up to be an awesome day at MIR. I doubt we get a turnout like this at Ford Fever. I just wish I had my car retuned before Sunday. But it will have to wait till the 12th. The air should be pretty good and everyone should run some good times.

Agreed :thumbsup:

This is about double the number of people at the last meet/cruise I planned and a good number of repeat attendees. :-D Looks to me like everyone loves going to the track. :thumbsup:

Will keep that in mind for the next one :-D

Last edited:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I agree bout the good air. Hope I can break the 12's.

Car show is at the fire department. It's a nice little show. Maybe 50 cars. They do have separate classes even though it's small. Wife took 1st last year and I took 2nd. I still haven't lived that one down, but it helps keep money flowin for more mods when she's happy.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
A few buddies of mine live in Thurmont, I'll have to tell them about the car show. I'll also mention to them that the chick with the procharged mystic is spoken for.....:beer:

Sean....Yeah, If I could, I'd go to the track every weekend, nothing like the smell of race fuel, burning rubber, and the sound of a big block cammed motor........:rockon:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Heh that's cool. Let's have a test. Have them hit on her, and I'll see if she volunteers the info. It'll be hilarious. I work in Thurmont. They probably have seen my Cobra at my office, since the town is not big at all. Tell them I run the trucking company in town. Home Run Inc. I usually drive the car on Friday's when it's nice out.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
LOL...ok i'll see what their doing this weekend. My one buddy Bob is prob not the best looking guy around but he could prob talk a nun out of her panties.

I'm surpised i've never seen your car in Thurmont, my mom lives in the condo's by the lumbar yard, but I usually visit her on weekends.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Off North Carroll street? You probably know where my office is then. It's the office fenced in by the RR tracks with all the lumber loads sitting on trailers.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Yup, I know where your at...BTW, I was telling Dave(Kauffman's) the other day about your trap speeds from Cecil. The guys asked me when I planned on getting a KB or Whipple.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Yep, Dave is a real good guy. I called himOn monday. He was real happy. It's tuned very conservative, as in you can see a puff of fuel between shifts. I like that, especially with the cooler denser air. I'm actually trying to hit the 10's this weekend. Mph is there, bur need to hook. I had a crappy 1.82 on that 131 mph run with a 11.0. We'll just have to see how things go. I think both blowers are probably good. Of course I'm partial to the KB, but that doesn't mean I don't have respect for the Whipple, and wouldn't mind trying one someday.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
That makes me think of something. I went with 60 lb injectors last week to fit my power level. Ill bring my 50's with me Sunday. They have 300 miles on them and are Sieman Deka's. I'll sell them for 275.00 if anyone is interested.

2004svtcobra

Established Member
I am from Westminster, MD but will be driving from York, PA on Sunday morning. If there are any people from the York, PA area... I can meet you in the early AM hours for the drive down to meet up with some others for the cruise in. Let me know. See you there!

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Mike... Well, I added the FIPK K&N air filter since our last meeting. My wife also added some flavor to the car as well. She paid to get my windows tinted. I got 20% all around. It is dark and illegal. haha

That Zaino is some good stuff too. My hood looks better now!

Anyways...see you on Sunday morning.

Remember...The key lime pie is beautiful!!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LMAO. Windows tinted? Sweet, I need to get that done. You like the Filter? and I have never tried zaino....I'll have to give that stuff a shot.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by zxryder710
Hey my name is troy just confirming that I will be there sunday the 3th at MIR...(04 Mach 1)

Yea man, we got ya marked down already. You're good :-D

See you Sunday :beer:

Originally posted by 2004svtcobra
Mike... Well, I added the FIPK K&N air filter since our last meeting. My wife also added some flavor to the car as well. She paid to get my windows tinted. I got 20% all around. It is dark and illegal. haha

That Zaino is some good stuff too. My hood looks better now!

Anyways...see you on Sunday morning.

Remember...The key lime pie is beautiful!!

If you think Zaino is good, you need to try Klasse. Zaino pales in comparison to Klasse on a black car. Nothing looks even similar to it, period. If you want, I can give you links and stuff so you can at least read about it. Let me know if you're (or FISHTAIL) interested

Users who are viewing this thread