31BCobra Fore Level 2 Return Install Thread

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
Right now, 700 at the wheels. Pretty sure I may be asking a little much the 2.3 though. I imagine I will either need a 2.9 or a lower to bring the 2.3 boost up to 22-23psi.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Right now, 700 at the wheels. Pretty sure I may be asking a little much the 2.3 though. I imagine I will either need a 2.9 or a lower to bring the 2.3 boost up to 22-23psi.

Yeah I was asking because the little tvs is nice having a removable plenum. But the 2.9 gives you room to grow.

31BCobra

Established Member
Yeah I was asking because the little tvs is nice having a removable plenum. But the 2.9 gives you room to grow.

I think at this point, I will just stick with the 2.3. It was a pain in the ass to get it off, but not the end of the world. When I decide to go bigger, it should be a little less time consuming to repeat the procedure.

I have another question. How do I tell the difference if I have a spring loaded belt tensioner vs a solid one? I was advised not to use a lower pulley kit with a solid tensioner as it puts immense stress on the crank. The one installed right now is one of those Reichard Racing ones with the bolt that can tighten and loosen the belt. I will get a picture in a minute.

EDIT: Okay this is what my piece looks like, couldn't get a good shot of it on the car. So even when I crank the bolt all the way down, it is possible for me to wiggle the thing around, I would imagine that means this has some sort of spring inside of it right?
EDIT2: NEVERMIND IT IS SOLID. SO MUCH FOR EASY LOWER PULLEY INSTALL :bash:

attachment.php

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^Grrr the bitch bolt! Someone has to know, sorry bud I'm not sure.

31BCobra

Established Member
^^^Grrr the bitch bolt! Someone has to know, sorry bud I'm not sure.

I got fed up with it so I cut one of my old hex keys so that it would fit under the fuel rail. Then I used a pipe to give myself some more leverage on it. Worked pretty good.
Good thing I have a lot of old tools laying around that I can chop up.

cj428mach

Established Member
I got fed up with it so I cut one of my old hex keys so that it would fit under the fuel rail. Then I used a pipe to give myself some more leverage on it. Worked pretty good.
Good thing I have a lot of old tools laying around that I can chop up.

Thats how you have to do it. I have a friend that just did injector swap on his whipple and did it by loosing the blower to intake manifold bolts and propping up the blower with piece of wood. I don't know how he did it because tightening all the bolts on the blower when its out in the open is tough enough to do.

31BCobra

Established Member
Thats how you have to do it. I have a friend that just did injector swap on his whipple and did it by loosing the blower to intake manifold bolts and propping up the blower with piece of wood. I don't know how he did it because tightening all the bolts on the blower when its out in the open is tough enough to do.

Seems like a lot less grief to just pull it all. How is your deadhead setup performing? I am about to run my lines the same way, with the crossover in the front of the rails like you mentioned in Malcolmv8's thread.

31BCobra

Established Member
What is this connection for? It is on the front side of the passenger side fuel rail. It leads back to the connector in the 2nd picture and then off into the firewall. Don't ever remember seeing this on my previous Cobra. Fuel pressure gauge maybe? Didn't have one of those on my previous Cobra.

hbRz3jd.jpg

M6L7mbq.jpg

Last edited:

31BCobra

Established Member
Got the fuel filter mounted. Spent most of the afternoon running and measuring the hose to make sure I get a good fit. I have to say, the ptfe fittings are a lot easier to get on that it was made out to be.

Found out I will need to order 3 extra PTFE fittings to do the Deadhead setup. Not really a problem though.

Xu5DKjS.jpg

31BCobra

Established Member
End fittings. This look about right? Olive on the outside of the hose but inside the SS braid > push fitting in > screw collar on. Sound about right?

KGACQq0.jpg

31BCobra

Established Member
Where should I be referencing boost from for the fuel pressure regulator? I have it mounted in the front right bumper area.

cj428mach

Established Member
I just T'd off the line going to the FRPS and ran a line over to the regulator.

TRBO VNM

Where should I be referencing boost from for the fuel pressure regulator? I have it mounted in the front right bumper area.

Wherever you can get a boost source from. I generally try to feed the regulator with it's own source. So that is from the back of the blower, stock location. I take the stock 90* rubber elbow from the top (3 ports) and use it on the bottom instead, then the bottom one (2 port) I use for vacuum on top. This allows 3 ports for boost, one for regulator, one for the stock boost gauge and an aftermarket if you have one and then the FRPS. Vacuum side just gets one to the AC and the other I just cap off.

I buy barb fittings from napa that go in the 90* fittings and then use vac line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread