31BCobra Fore Level 2 Return Install Thread

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
I decided to make a build thread for my Return install. I already had a question right off the bat this morning so I figured it would be a good idea to just consolidate and document everything in one thread. I appreciate any help or advice you guys can provide in the coming days. :beer:

Rough outline of what I intend to do:

-My current setup is an old old old Fore hat with 2 Ford GT pumps and dual FPDM, stock rails, 2.3L Gen II Whipple, ID1000 Injectors on E85. Built motor, with 9.5:1 pistons.
-Upgrading to a Fore Level 2 return with dual Walbro 465lph pumps, FC2 Controller, new Fore rails, and more boost on the Whipple, with a 3.4L Whipple in the near future.

-Going to route the system deadhead with the fuel filter under the passenger and the regulator in the right front fenderwell. (Could use a little clarification on exactly where those of you that have done this mounted it)
-Decided not to use a hobbs switch as I only drive the car once or twice a month and it usually to shows with a few pulls on the highway. (Could use a little clarification on how to keep the FPDMs wired up with this setup.)

Pictures and Stuff to come.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awsome, can't wait to see pictures! I may upgrade my level 1 to a 2 in the future. You'll want to run the FC3 controller for the use of a hobbs switch.

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
Run the hobb 465 get hot
I have a level 2 with twin 465's , I would go with the aem pump as the primary and get a hobb to activate the 465 as your secondary
I have a 3 psi hobb switch and it turns on to fast , ask fore what will be the next step in psi for the hobb

31BCobra

Established Member
Fore and my tuner were the ones that told me the car would be fine on E85 without a hobbs switch because it only gets driven usually 1 hour at a time once or twice a month. Been lied to again?

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
Fore and my tuner were the ones that told me the car would be fine on E85 without a hobbs switch because it only gets driven usually 1 hour at a time once or twice a month. Been lied to again?

1 hour at a time would be ok
But you may never know and you know this Los Angeles traffic

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
One thing too Remember
My tuner said you would need a tune adjustment for adding the hobb

Hobb is easy to install
Tap the boost line behind the glovebox and run the wire too the fc2

I did get audio interference because I had the hobb wires next to the speaker wires

31BCobra

Established Member
One thing too Remember
My tuner said you would need a tune adjustment for adding the hobb

Hobb is easy to install
Tap the boost line behind the glovebox and run the wire too the fc2

I did get audio interference because I had the hobb wires next to the speaker wires

I noticed after you guys mentioned it that it is fairly simple to install. I figure if I end up driving it more than I am now, the hobbs switch and a retune can always be done later.

31BCobra

Established Member
Got the tank dropped and the stock hat out. Gonna call it a night. Going to start work again on Wednesday, pulling all the stock fuel lines and running the new ones if I have the time. Will add some pictures of the hardware after dinner tonight.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
So OP that old old Fore hat was in a returnless setup? Are you by chance selling it? Nice thread so many guys ask about doing this..

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I noticed after you guys mentioned it that it is fairly simple to install. I figure if I end up driving it more than I am now, the hobbs switch and a retune can always be done later.

If you want to add the hobbs switch later, you'll have to ditch the fc2 and buy a fc3 controller. I'm currently in that exact situation when I upgrade.

31BCobra

Established Member
So OP that old old Fore hat was in a returnless setup? Are you by chance selling it? Nice thread so many guys ask about doing this..

Yea it was in a returnless setup. Had the return port capped off. I will be selling it, but not right now. Going to wait until everything is up and running in case I have something horrific happen and still need to use it.

31BCobra

Established Member
The hardware I have been sitting on for the last 2 months. If this stuff performs half as good as it looks, then we are in business. :rockon:
UeWH0dV.jpg

31BCobra

Established Member
Fuel tank pulled with the old Fore hat.
-Had some issues getting the tank off because either where the tank is mounted, or my suspension is off. Had to use an open ended wrench for about 30 minutes to get the driver side bolt off.
-Had to cut the wires leading to the FPDM because the previous owner used some kind of super adhesive heat shrink on it. After an hour of trying to get it all off to separate the wires, I just decided to cut em.

Everything went pretty smooth once I cleared those two hurdles.

olgaPmV.jpg

31BCobra

Established Member
11 AUG 2015 - Itinerary for today is to pull the sub, remove wiring + fpdm that is not needed and change the brakes on my 99 Camry. lol.

Realized I will need to pull my sub to get to the wiring. My spare tire cover is also giving out entirely. Anyone know where I can buy a new one? (The cardboard cover) I might just end up making one out of some wood.

yT1pE8j.jpg

Last edited:

31BCobra

Established Member
Sub removed. You can see how flimsy the spare tire cover really is. It has sunk all the way down into the spare tire recess.

aBvoxo7.jpg

31BCobra

Established Member
Bad cable / wire control is one of my pet peeves. This is the only area I forgot to inspect when I bought the car. :nono:

2ufYqz1.jpg

31BCobra

Established Member
Now for the question of the day. How much of this stuff will I be keeping? I know I want to keep 1 FPDM to prime the pumps like MalcolmV8 did in his thread HERE. But I am just curious about what else needs to go.

Vb5aMPD.jpg

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member
The relay is not needed. That is replaced with the kit from fore you have.

The space tire cover is sagging because there is no tire. You can fill it with something to fix that. Or just put the spare back in.

Last edited:

31BCobra

Established Member
The relay is not needed. That is replaced with the kit from fore you have.

The space tire cover is sagging because there is no tire. You can fill it with something to fix that. Or just put the spare back in.

Okay, so pull the relay and one fpdm. And then wire accordingly with the thread linked above?

Also, it's a dual fpdm harness, so should I look at getting a standard harness or is it okay to just tuck the spare end away?

Users who are viewing this thread