31BCobra Fore Level 2 Return Install Thread

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
Nevermind the question about the harness. I realized after pulling it off, that it was just a dual harness that plugged directly into the factory single harness. So I should be good on that front.

31BCobra

Established Member
Okay more questions. What the hell is going on here with this? I know the yellow and black wires need to be connected to keep the fuel gauge working, but what is up with this brown and black wire from the same harness just being cut here?

I am guessing stock fuel hat? But not 100% Can I just cap them here?

LQc3vBQ.jpg

4EXal5X.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes that brown and black wire are NOT used. I'd also solder and use shrink wrap on permanent wires.

31BCobra

Established Member
Yes that brown and black wire are NOT used. I'd also solder and use shrink wrap on permanent wires.

Ok. Yea this is how the previous owner did it. I am definitely going to be cleaning things up a LOT. I cannot stand messy installations.

31BCobra

Established Member
Battled with some of the trim that was stuck on pretty good. I think I take it easy on it thinking that I am going to break the pieces. Got the massive wire ran from the battery to the trunk, and am about to start wiring everything up once I finish lunch.

cj428mach

Established Member
Battled with some of the trim that was stuck on pretty good. I think I take it easy on it thinking that I am going to break the pieces. Got the massive wire ran from the battery to the trunk, and am about to start wiring everything up once I finish lunch.

The hard part is done in my opinion. lol I hated running that big wire to the trunk.

31BCobra

Established Member
It is as hot as the Devils dick today, so I am pulling the blower in the garage instead of running the fuel lines out in the driveway in the blazing sun. Will have pictures tonight of how that goes.

31BCobra

Established Member
What order should I go about removing and reinstalling the blower + intercooler + intake manifold? Never done this before if you can tell. lol.

I don't plan on removing the intercooler from the Whipple if I don't have to, since I am only pulling it to change the rails.

Last edited:

svtshadow

Banned
Hey OP, I need to drop my tank. I already have return style with external pumps with a sump. Was it hard to disconnect those hard fuel lines?

31BCobra

Established Member
Hey OP, I need to drop my tank. I already have return style with external pumps with a sump. Was it hard to disconnect those hard fuel lines?

Lines were okay, I just had to work them a lot because they have been on there forever. Took a bit of patience.

31BCobra

Established Member
Anyone know how to remove the feed line attachment to the passenger fuel rail? Got everything unbolted and ready to come off, but this thing is really holding me up. Heading to bed, hopefully you guys have good news for me in the morning.

MnWE5JG.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You'll need the Ford tool to remove it, buy the fuel tool at any auto store.

bigmoose

Established Member
Try pushing the fuel line in while wiggling and rotating the tool. Then try to remove. It can be a pain

31BCobra

Established Member
Try pushing the fuel line in while wiggling and rotating the tool. Then try to remove. It can be a pain

That is good advice for the other lines, this particular one though, was just that I had way way too small of a tool. My local auto parts store had told me what I had was the only size they make .... I should have known that they don't hire knowledgeable people at these places anymore. :poke:

oldmodman

Established Member
A local PepBoys near me had an entire set of free loaner fuel line and AC line tools.

Fount the right one in the set after a couple of tries. The one that was labeled as being the correct one, wasn't.

31BCobra

Established Member
Got the blower, intercooler, and intake manifold pulled. Ended up having to pull the driver side rail off a bit to get it all pulled because it was making contact with the solid EGR pipe and I could not move it out of the way any more.

Can anyone give me the easiest, least hassle way to get all this back in. The main goal for pulling all of it is to change from stock to Fore fuel rails and inspect for any damage or parts wearing out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

iYsxVqV.jpg

Blower off. Considering upgrading to a 2.9L Whipple at this point. Not sure what to do. :(

1F1A2cF.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
Got the blower, intercooler, and intake manifold pulled. Ended up having to pull the driver side rail off a bit to get it all pulled because it was making contact with the solid EGR pipe and I could not move it out of the way any more.

Can anyone give me the easiest, least hassle way to get all this back in. The main goal for pulling all of it is to change from stock to Fore fuel rails and inspect for any damage or parts wearing out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

iYsxVqV.jpg

Blower off. Considering upgrading to a 2.9L Whipple at this point. Not sure what to do. :(

1F1A2cF.jpg

What kind of fuel do you have available? A 2.9L with 91 octane is a total waste.

No real better way to install the blower, its just a PITA. Thats one of the reasons why I sold my 2.3L whipple and bought the TVS as it allows me to work on the car without removing the blower so often.

31BCobra

Established Member
What kind of fuel do you have available? A 2.9L with 91 octane is a total waste.

No real better way to install the blower, its just a PITA. Thats one of the reasons why I sold my 2.3L whipple and bought the TVS as it allows me to work on the car without removing the blower so often.

99% of the time I am going to be on E85.

Users who are viewing this thread