3.31 manual car goes 11's with AED tune and minimal mods

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I did it tonight. New drag tune from Shaun, cats deleted (but stock mufflers courtesy of Turbosixx). I went 11.96 @ 114.74. 60 Foot was a 1.67. I launched at 5,000 rpm on 26 inch M&H Racemasters. Started the night at 12.3, then 12.0 and finally cracked the 11's and called it a night.

I "think" I may have the quickest N/A 3.31 car out there. Not sure, but I am pumped! Stock airbox, stock intake, Pypes 3 inch X, Jeg's cat deletes, resonators deleted, UMI LCAs and brackets, M&H Racemasters on Race Stars and kickass tune by Shaun of AED.

Vid:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBIc4pXsTeQ"]2012 Mustang GT 5.0 goes 11.96 @ 114.74 @ No Problem Raceway w/AED tune & 3.31 gears - YouTube[/nomedia]

My goal is 11.5's on the 3.31s. I guess I need to shed weight.

11sPass.jpg

Mike

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
dude!!!! thats badass man! Shaun told me last night when we were talking about tune testing. Damn i need some sticky tires! congrats man that is awesome.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
dude!!!! thats badass man! Shaun told me last night when we were talking about tune testing. Damn i need some sticky tires! congrats man that is awesome.

I had a new tune that Shaun sent me on Sunday. New drag tune.

Thanks for all of the kudos, guys...I am really pumped.

Now, do I keep plugging with these 3.31s, or finally give it up and go 3.55.? With the 26 inch tires I am at around 3.42 in terms of gear. I really don't see the 3.55s doing much...but you never know.

Mike

ViciousJay

Established Member

Now, do I keep plugging with these 3.31s, or finally give it up and go 3.55.? With the 26 inch tires I am at around 3.42 in terms of gear. I really don't see the 3.55s doing much...but you never know.

Mike

if your manual and go 3.90's. All i can say youll be saying 3.55, 3.73 whaaaa..?? Ive been considering Shaun. Maybe next ill giv ehim a call, I gotta get the homeowners insurance together first before i go playing with my car.

Shaun@AED

Mike

Gearing for trap RPM at this point can help. What RPM are you going thru the traps at? Ideal for this car is 6800-7200 IMO.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
if your manual and go 3.90's. All i can say youll be saying 3.55, 3.73 whaaaa..?? Ive been considering Shaun. Maybe next ill giv ehim a call, I gotta get the homeowners insurance together first before i go playing with my car.

Yeah? Let's not forget that Shaun picked up 3 tenths and something like 2 mph when he went down to 3.55s from 3.73s. Unless I have a Boss intake and I am spinning the motor to 7500, I don't see how 3.90s are going to benefit me. I will have to make that 5th gear shift.

Mike

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Gearing for trap RPM at this point can help. What RPM are you going thru the traps at? Ideal for this car is 6800-7200 IMO.

I am going to have to look next time I get down there. I always forget as I am concentrating on keeping this thing straight with Jell-0 tires at 15.5 psi. :dw:

I will run a calculation and that should tell me.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread