3.31 manual car goes 11's with AED tune and minimal mods

superman

Established Member
what's going on guys. What should i expect to pick up with a tune(ET wise)? Best pass so far is 12.41 @117. 6 speed with 3.31 gear. Car is completely stock except for hushpower flowmaster mufflers. I used 275/40/17 drag radial. 60 ft 1.90

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
what's going on guys. What should i expect to pick up with a tune(ET wise)? Best pass so far is 12.41 @117. 6 speed with 3.31 gear. Car is completely stock except for hushpower flowmaster mufflers. I used 275/40/17 drag radial. 60 ft 1.90

That is serious freaking MPH for a stock car. Jesus, where did you make that pass, in a Bolivian Gold Mine?? :dw:

Mike

superman

Established Member
fayetteville n.c. about a month ago.
8.08 @92 in the 1/8. What should i expect to pick up with a tune and cold air kit.

mikestoyz

Established Member

Jesus christ. Dont touch the car. Its perfect! What RPM are you shifting at?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
6,800 to 7,000. can't seem to get a 60 ft. car is real lazy below 4,000. it either bogs or spins. what is the normal gain from stock and then tuned.

Well, your MPH is 2 more than mine, and I am tuned. With that MPH you should be running mid 11's. You want my opinion? Talk to Shaun. It sounds like you have either a factory freak, your track is messed up with its traps, or you just need some more seat time to get that car to ET where it should.

Mike

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
Jesus christ. Dont touch the car. Its perfect!
x2
personally, I would focus on traction. You have the power to run 11s based on your trapped speed. Honestly, I would be scared to touch the tune if stock pushes 117!

Last edited:

superman

Established Member
thanks,
I'm pretty sure the clocks are right. I run my cobra at several different tracks and the ET and MPH is basically the same at all the tracks including the 1 i ran the 5.0 at. I'm pretty sure i need some more seat time. Only ran about 12 to 14 passes so far. I have 20's on it and it spins all the way through 2nd and about a line in third. The last time i ran it at the track it barked the tires in 3rd and 4th with the drag radials. Shaun could you pm me.
thanks again

Shaun@AED

Superman:
Get some slicks/skinnies and see what she'll really do.
Screw the tune/cold air at this point. Take some weight out and set some records!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Superman:
Screw the tune/cold air at this point. Take some weight out and set some records!

There you go, sage wisdom from Yoda! Pull some weight, get rid of the 20's, run real drag tires and wheels, and let it rip!

Mike

Last edited:

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
Superman:

Great advice Shaun! Any other shop would be all over Superman trying to make a dollar. Utmost respect for you man.

superman

Established Member
Superman:
thanks,
I tried my skinnies and spacers off my cobra but they wouldn't fit. Guess i'll have to spend the money and buy a set.

Users who are viewing this thread