2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I love how they come out and say its not a sports car or pony car. Street strip muscle car for win! I don't want to hear a single word about how XXX turns faster lap times or handles better.

Did you not watch the video or read about the features it has? 315/40/18s, transbrake, 2 step, 3.09 rear and the ability to adjust the front to lift the tires. It will pull 1.8Gs on launch

A modded Hellcat can already run 9.2x. This thing is light years ahead of it in terms of technology and features

840 is the crank rating. Its only making 80-90 more than a stock Hellcat.

They raised the IHI Twin Screw blower from 2.4L to 2.7L, raised boost from 11 to 14, raised the redline to 6,500 and directed AC to the intake to lower air temps by 45°. Plus the transbrake, 2 step, 3.09 rear and custom 315/40/18s NT05Rs. 0 to 60 in 2.3 seconds!!

agree on all points. Having a Hellcat with the 8spd I haven't even thought about modding it its that quick. Walked a zl1 with a stick like it was standing still which was pretty surprising. Dodge did a great job with the Hellcat motor and a better job with the dct which makes it so damn quick from a roll. The demon I could care less about getting but its freaking awesome knowing it exists and what Dodge did. A lot of Ford guys (myself included) have given a lot of props for what they have done with the Hellcat let alone this new Demon.

Come on Ford

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
agree on all points. Having a Hellcat with the 8spd I haven't even thought about modding it its that quick. Walked a zl1 with a stick like it was standing still which was pretty surprising. Dodge did a great job with the Hellcat motor and a better job with the dct which makes it so damn quick from a roll. The demon I could care less about getting but its freaking awesome knowing it exists and what Dodge did. A lot of Ford guys (myself included) have given a lot of props for what they have done with the Hellcat let alone this new Demon.

Come on Ford
Yeah, I give Dodge a lot of credit for never fearing to push the envelope. I always have the sense that Ford and Chevy push it to a point, and then stop. Dodge, though, has no qualms about busting through the wall. The Demon IMO is the epitome of this. The Hellcat causes shortness of breath, and I've been expecting Ford and Chevy to try to match it, power/performance wise. The Demon takes that breath away, and will likely remain the ultimate factory street/strip performer. JMO.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Kudos to Dodge for having the balls to produce this! I highly doubt Ford will target this car as competition. These is literally nothing on the market that's street legal that can match its purpose. With that said, the video clearly states that the NHRA has outlawed the car. Does that mean you can't even run it on the track? That would kinda defeat the purpose of it?? Meaning you can't legally drag race it in its stock state??

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Always good for the consumer to see OEM's push the limits. I can only see everyone benefiting from this.

I am actually surprised with this actually. With all the EPA fuel economy mandates being forced on the OEM's, it's nice to see some still put money into raising the performance bar instead of 50+ MPG mandated garbage.

KEVINS

Established Member
If I could afford it I would certainly buy one. It's great thinking back to the old days when the Hemi ruled and everything else was playing catch up.

ks

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Kudos to Dodge for having the balls to produce this! I highly doubt Ford will target this car as competition. These is literally nothing on the market that's street legal that can match its purpose. With that said, the video clearly states that the NHRA has outlawed the car. Does that mean you can't even run it on the track? That would kinda defeat the purpose of it?? Meaning you can't legally drag race it in its stock state??

My guess would be, in stock trim it exceeds NHRA safety regulations, such as a 6 point rollbar and driveshaft safety loop (required at 11.49), and the step up to a minimum of an 8 point cage (required at 10.99). Then there's requirements for SFI approved balancers and scattershields, SFI approved seatbelts, not to mention the requirement for an NHRA license at 9.99.

Some of these rules might be slightly different because it is a factory production car, but the majority of it still stands.

Regardless, if you are purchasing this car you either already know that, or you plan to tool it around down the boulevard, or stare at it in your garage while you sip a cold one.

Slow clap for Dodge though, well ****ing done.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
When is the NHRA going to join the current time? They are still stuck in 1985. I hate so much how at 11.49 I have to ruin my car with a cage to legally race it in a straight line.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Dodge is leading the muscle car wars right now. Is anyone still waiting to see what the new GT500 is going to do?

Recon

Established Member
^ It's highly unlikely it'll match the Demon. It might top the Hellcat, but the recent spy shots show it's going to be benchmarking the ZL1.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Dodge is leading the muscle car wars right now. Is anyone still waiting to see what the new GT500 is going to do?
No, Cuz Motor Trend already showed us the "spy photos"

qxy0g.gif

Jefe

Established Member
With that said, the video clearly states that the NHRA has outlawed the car. Does that mean you can't even run it on the track? That would kinda defeat the purpose of it?? Meaning you can't legally drag race it in its stock state??
Its like every other track that enforces NHRA rules. If you run 9.99 or faster without a full cage, you're booted. That doesnt mean you aren't allowed to go try with your Demon. Make a pass and shut it down at 1,000 feet or make your 9 second run and go home with a big ol smile on your face. There are many tracks that dont enforce that though

Jefe

Established Member
Apparently Dodge is not telling us the full story on the Demon too. More to come is whats being said on the Hellcat forum. 1,000HP pulley swap?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
And here we are with ecoboost engines.
I would love an srt Ram. I am pretty sure its in the pipeline with the new redesign.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
Definitely more to come. It seems they put a decent tune in it ran it and saw the time and was like well no need for 1000hp lol then stopped.

It is only 840 hp yet it has new cams, crank, rods, pistons, etc... the hellcats are already well over 1000 hp now, why put all that into this car if the original was easy capable. Unless they were anticipating it requires more power to get into the 9s.

I believe they have severely de-tuned (for longevity?) this setup especially with how easily it hit sub 10s. I am willing to bet this will be a 8 sec monster in very short order once tuners and shops get a hold of it with proper safety of course.

If mopar was smart they would start offering things like pulley swaps, killer chillers, pcms, upgrade trans setups, cages, etc... for the hellcats and recoupe some of that R&D money.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If mopar was smart they would start offering things like pulley swaps, killer chillers, pcms, upgrade trans setups, cages, etc... for the hellcats and recoupe some of that R&D money.

MOPAR is smart enough to know that the liability isn't worth the profit margin.

Clemson

Established Member
Chevy and Dodge need to spend more effort differentiating their flag ship vehicles from the run of the mill rental fleet turds. Its hard to tell until you get right up on one what youre looking at. The Demon does a slightly better job.

Users who are viewing this thread