2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Instead of all the technology and performance this car offers, the lack of 1023HP is going to be the main focus. The insiders got that stuff wrong and everyone got their hopes up. Sucks for Dodge. Car is amazing but the headlines across the internet will be, "Demon does not make a 1023HP."

ctgreddy

Established Member
I was just searching all over for that vid, thanks for posting!

The demon looks like it'll be legit. I assumed it'd be 8xx hp and run 9's off the showroom floor. I dont care for the hideous fender flares tho. the rest I like. I also commend dodge on building shit like this. They make my least favorite cars out of the big 3 but it's cool they did this. and their marketing is way better than the rest. Cant wait to see some. Was a price listed?

ctgreddy

Established Member
Instead of all the technology and performance this car offers, the lack of 1023HP is going to be the main focus. The insiders got that stuff wrong and everyone got their hopes up. Sucks for Dodge. Car is amazing but the headlines across the internet will be, "Demon does not make a 1023HP."

there was no way a production dodge was going to come with 1000+ hp. people who actually thought that are just way too gullible. I am kinda surprised it's "only" 840 tho. shoulda been higher 8's. it basically makes the same power as a bolt on hellcat.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Wrong. Car hit right on target regardless of HP rating.

True gear heads will care more about the ET/mph than a HP number.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
The car is awesome! After watching that video I like it even more! Dodge is making some bad ass cars!

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member

This car can not do these times at its weight and hp levels! Something is off here imo

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
What balls to build and produce this car. 3/36k and 5/60k power train too. Balls

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
You do realize than there is more to going fast in the 1/4 than power to weight, right?
Oh for sure, but this seems to be the perfect setup and perfect conditions given the dynamics of this car..Again the car is way under rated for hp to run these numbers..time will tell when this is out on the street what people are running these at..

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

exactly right. In fact, it DOES make 1023 hp. It takes about 850whp to take a 4200 lb car and its driver to a 9.65 @ 140.

considering drivetrain losses, its right around 1k hp.

Geno-04

Established Member
Wow! I am actually impressed with dodge. Sounds like they built a really good performer for once.

Users who are viewing this thread