2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Chevy and Dodge need to spend more effort differentiating their flag ship vehicles from the run of the mill rental fleet turds. Its hard to tell until you get right up on one what youre looking at. The Demon does a slightly better job.

Thats silly...

Its like you saying that our Shelbys look like rental cars.

Clemson

Established Member
I wouldnt have minded a little more upgrading from the profile view, but no, from front or rear, you most definitely know a shelby when you see one.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldnt have minded a little more upgrading from the profile view, but no, from front or rear, you most definitely know a shelby when you see one.

You can easily tell from the sides as well... Wheels, stance, front bumper and splitter, rear spoiler, rear bumper and exhaust tips...

Recon

Established Member
^ I'd say the sound would also be in that list.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I agree with these guys.

Any hot pony car is immediately noticeable. I bet even my mom would notice the presence of a GT500/ZL1/Hellcat.

badmpg03

Established Member
Definitely more to come. It seems they put a decent tune in it ran it and saw the time and was like well no need for 1000hp lol then stopped.

It is only 840 hp yet it has new cams, crank, rods, pistons, etc... the hellcats are already well over 1000 hp now, why put all that into this car if the original was easy capable. Unless they were anticipating it requires more power to get into the 9s.

I believe they have severely de-tuned (for longevity?) this setup especially with how easily it hit sub 10s. I am willing to bet this will be a 8 sec monster in very short order once tuners and shops get a hold of it with proper safety of course.

If mopar was smart they would start offering things like pulley swaps, killer chillers, pcms, upgrade trans setups, cages, etc... for the hellcats and recoupe some of that R&D money.

Agreed
I bet they beefed everything up for the ability to still run pump 91 or 93 octane
Most hellcats I see with 1000hp have minor boltons but are running e85

I bet with some 'pulleys' and E this thing will be the real monster we don't want to run into on the road

Jefe

Established Member
They are only building 3,300 of them. I doubt these will be seen that much at all. Hopefully they get driven

Dodge better not sell the Demon emblem without proof of ownership!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Dodge is leading the muscle car wars right now. Is anyone still waiting to see what the new GT500 is going to do?
No, Cuz Motor Trend already showed us the "spy photos"
qxy0g.gif
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
That's awesome @Great Asp!

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
If they don't build these for at least 3 model years, which is the remainder of model years for this platform, those 3300 will never be affordable. So far, no word on whether or not they will build for another model year.

Recon

Established Member
^ rumor is 2020 or 2021. On the Giorgio platform.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Is Dodge ever going to change this body style?

2021MY will be an all new platform and car built on the Giorgio (Alfa). It is a joint venture. Styling wise, no one knows at this point if they will do a fresh modern take on the Challenger or more retro in nature.

Users who are viewing this thread