2015 Mustang to gain 300lbs.!?!

PowerUp

Established Member
Are you taking pill's place as the official b.s. interpreter for this site?! Come on...

They discuss taking an S550 convertible mule for a drive before the interview ("great NVH", sez John McIlroy)...

Dave brags about the 5-star safety rating earned...

Dave discusses how much bigger it is than the '68 he owns...

Dave discusses "200 lb. AT LEAST" he's going to see carved from the car...

Questions:

How do you crash-test a car - physically, or by computer simulation?

If physically, what did that production-ready car weigh? It MUST BE production-ready to qualify for the test...

If by computer simulation: you mean they can accurately simulate the test without having a f*cking CLUE as to what that vehicle weighs?! Some simulation...musta been the same sim. Al O. used to assure the ZL1 would trump the GT500...

In the words of Peter De Lorenzo, making statements about losing "at least 200 lb" while in a "no bull shit job" is "unmitigated bull shit"...and Pericak should be sent back to Roush and get instructions directly from Jack on how to properly sweep floors while starting his career over again...

Now I know why mustang6g.com locked down their thread on this weight gain fiasco...their tattoo is on the top of this video (repeated for your viewing enjoyment), which they now refuse to acknowledge!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF924X3c4Tw

"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics". Where does this scandal place itself?!

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Pill? Hell no

Ford never said it was going to weigh 200lbs+ less.

In March of 2013 Ford knew the weight(aprox) of the finished vehicle because they had finished cars. They had already used them in crash tests as you stated above.

Pericak never said it will weigh 200lbs less, he said that he thinks Ford can take an extra 200lbs from the vehicle.

As early as Jan of 2013(over a year earlier) Ford knew that the new mustang would not weigh less than the old mustang.

PowerUp

Established Member
So these aren't lies, or damned lies, they're just statistics? Right...they're not guilty of anything, they're just not quite innocent, either...

You have a glowing future in politics. Or P.R. Same thing, really.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I never made a excuse for what he did. If that was indeed in 2013 he misled the media! But again he never it will lose weight.

This is just another reason never to get information from 6g!

I believe the new gt track pack will be faster than the Boss LS but still slower than today's 1le camaro

Last edited:

PowerUp

Established Member
I never made a excuse for what he did. If that was indeed in 2013 he misled the media! But again he [said] never it will lose weight.

I believe the new gt track pack will be faster than the Boss LS but still slower than today's 1le camaro

mustang6g...PILL-APPROVED!

Actually, the video is from "Autoline Detroit", a PBS-carried "independent" production that [formerly] enjoyed some believability, but those folks did everything but the "monica" on Dear ol' Dave...and they swallowed what he said, as did 1,000s of others...

Darth Racer

Established Member
I never made a excuse for what he did. If that was indeed in 2013 he misled the media! But again he never it will lose weight.

Interesting back and forth between you two guys. Bottom line, folks were expecting a lower weight '15 mustang and now getting a fat hog. That's the reality. You have no way of actually knowing if it'll be quicker than a BOSS LS. And still slower than a 1le camaro? Why can't Ford build one that is faster? Anyway, I've decided to not purchase a '15 stang. I'll save my money and buy a 13/14 GT500.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Some of you guys need to lower your expectations here, it's a $25,000-40,000 car! You guys are bent out of shape because of little details that will affect the car at limits you'll probably never push it to. My sig quote is so fitting for the current group of 15' whiners.

Voltwings

Established Member
Some of you guys need to lower your expectations here, it's a $25,000-40,000 car! You guys are bent out of shape because of little details that will affect the car at limits you'll probably never push it to. My sig quote is so fitting for the current group of 15' whiners.

Truth! lol

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Just thought about something after reviewing that back and forth banter. Pericak said the S550 "could" lose 200 pounds? Maybe the GT350 will be the one that loses that 200 pounds. That would kind of make more sense, considering the GT350 would be the [true] competitor to Chevy's [current] Z/28. That's also probably why the GT350 won't be around until 2016. Sadly though, the GT500 will probably still be a pork sandwich.

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member

yep, IMO 95% of the '15 whiners never had, nor have, any intention to buy one to begin with. Myself, I am perfectly fine with everything I've seen from the S550 Mustang thus far.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Is there like a 1% thing going on? I think 1% of the people that care about weight, have a genuine concern. I don't race professionally therefore I don't care. There are all kinds of people that hate the new Mustang and call it a fusion. I don't get it. I like it and I own a 2013 GT500. It's evolution I guess. It has a lot of cool innovation for Ford and Mustang, I think that is what counts. If you are really that concerned about 2-3 hundred pounds there are many lighter cars to consider. I like the car regardless of the weight or hp Imean did you guys hear about the 700hp whipple kit GEEZ! Interesting times!!!

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
It's just funny because the GT is no heavier than the current GT500 yet they act like it's tipping the scales like a Challenger does. Is the GT500 not impressive? Throw a Whipple on a new GT and you're looking at more hp than a GT500 but with an IRS and a slick auto trans. It's going to be a better car, and I'm betting the SVT will come in lighter

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It's just funny because the GT is no heavier than the current GT500 yet they act like it's tipping the scales like a Challenger does.

The current GT500 has 662HP. The new GT isn't going to have anywhere near that kind of power.

... Throw a Whipple on a new GT and you're looking at more hp than a GT500 ...

No you're not.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
The current GT500 has 662HP. The new GT isn't going to have anywhere near that kind of power.

No you're not.

No shit Sherlock. Did you read my post? I said with a Whipple? I don't know if you missed it but they're already advertising 700hp with the new kits. So yeah, that's far more than a GT500.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
It's just funny because the GT is no heavier than the current GT500 yet they act like it's tipping the scales like a Challenger does. Is the GT500 not impressive? Throw a Whipple on a new GT and you're looking at more hp than a GT500 but with an IRS and a slick auto trans. It's going to be a better car, and I'm betting the SVT will come in lighter

Well said!

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Actually, yeah, I did miss that. I don't peruse Whipple's site on a regular basis.

Yep! Eight more HP is gigantic!

Do you even know what you are saying? I don't peruse Whipple's site either but I definitely took notice of it when it was posted in this section. 8hp? You just quoted me the 662hp of the GT500 and apparently that number subtracted from 700 is 8. Hmm, I'm not familiar with that math. Anyways, GT500s make around 590-610whp and I would guess that the 700hp that came from Whipple is very likely to be whp on their test car. If not then the difference at minimum is approximately 40hp and a maximum of about 100.

71catruck

Established Member
Do you even know what you are saying? I don't peruse Whipple's site either but I definitely took notice of it when it was posted in this section. 8hp? You just quoted me the 662hp of the GT500 and apparently that number subtracted from 700 is 8. Hmm, I'm not familiar with that math. Anyways, GT500s make around 590-610whp and I would guess that the 700hp that came from Whipple is very likely to be whp on their test car. If not then the difference at minimum is approximately 40hp and a maximum of about 100.

Lawyered!!!!!!! I agree though about the whole weight thing. most of us will not push the car hard enough for the extra weight to matter.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Well stick me in that 1% that does care. And rest assured, I'd push those limits (on the track). If you don't care, that's ok with me.

However, it doesn't mean I can't bitch about it here any less than you, you, you, or you can bitch about people bitching about it.

Users who are viewing this thread