2015 Mustang Drive Shaft.. umm yea.. LOL

earl lee

Established Member
The hellcat twisted drive shafts were in the same location, right next to the flange.

It actually has a reason to be able to do it, what is the reason for this though........... must be made in china.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
This tells you the halfshafts on the S550's are stronger than they used to be if the forces that be are now moving up to the next part, being the driveshaft.

Coiled03

Established Member
its a good upgrade, the 2 piece monstrosity from the factory is HEAVY! I just ordered a Shaftmaster DS for mine, stronger and its 20lbs lighter to boot.

Shaftmaster, eh?

I'm surprised my boss hasn't trademarked that nick name yet.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Shaftmaster, eh?

I'm surprised my boss hasn't trademarked that nick name yet.
Lol, when i was temping for Office Team I saw a fence company called R & S Erection; lol, seriously?

I should start a marble and granite company called Hard On Counters.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Would like to hear more about this. Do dealers report unusual defects to FoMoCo?

Sometimes directly via Hotline. Sometimes indirectly by returning said "defective" parts back to Ford during the warranty process.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
its a good upgrade, the 2 piece monstrosity from the factory is HEAVY! I just ordered a Shaftmaster DS for mine, stronger and its 20lbs lighter to boot.

Definitely on the list.

Lol, when i was temping for Office Team I saw a fence company called R & S Erection; lol, seriously?

I should start a marble and granite company called Hard On Counters.

LOL

ctgreddy

Established Member
Hard to believe. Definitely something wrong with that shaft. Our ecoboost car which makes more torque than any stock 5.0 has made probably 20 track passes on small sidewall dr's and slicks with a mint driveshaft. While our cars an auto I dont see how a manual bone stock car should ever do that, especially on street tires.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Yep, it's odd for sure. The techs there all know of the Mustangs and Cobras I've had, and asked me if I had ever had anything like that happen in my modified cars... let alone a stock one. I, along with the techs, looked at the tires and over all condition of the car for any hints. It was obvious the rear tires have been spun a few times, but we found nothing alerting on the entire car indicating abuse. We're sure there was more to the story the customer wasn't telling. With the recent rain we've had we wonder if they owner had traction control on, dumped the clutch, got nasty wheel hop, and twisted the drive shaft. It's really the only thing which would make any sense (other than the diff locking up). But, we too thought it odd the shaft failed before a U-Joint.

Users who are viewing this thread